View Poll Results: Did you like the cinematic?

Voters
2480. This poll is closed
  • Yes

1,987 80.12%
  • No

493 19.88%
Page 43 of 67 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mech View Post
    Eh blizzardsoldoutin2009 is such a blatantly obvious troll.
    Being irritating is not against the rules. Making posts just to call people trolls is. Ignore it if it bothers you, and report it if it's something genuinely inflammatory.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    Looked great, sounded great.

But I wanted what Metzen said "Red and Blue are about to get it on!!"

What I got is 3 seconds of vague naval battle. A single orc and a single human lost in a forest, a dual (which was cool), then a panda toyed with them (complete with kung ku panda-esqe humor) in combat.

In my opinion truely a missed opportunity to show case the "war" aspect they're been trying to drum up for a year now.
    WOW blind as a bat. With deathwing out of the way the war between Red and Blue will start BUT the Pandaren will be what unites them and understand one another. Surely it doesnt mean peace but some respect. As you saw in the trailer the orc and human helped eachother when the monk showed up.

Quote Originally Posted by blizzardsoldoutin2009 View Post
    if my opinion angers you, well GET OVER IT. 3,000,000 other people quit in cata too and aren't coming back. your MISPLACED ANGER is the only garbage i smell. reported for trolling and harassment
    If you are so sick and tired of the game, why come to a Blizzard fansite? You're feeding your own unhappiness so you have a reason to exist on the internet. No one is interested in that.

I liked it, I just wish it wasn't so comical (though I have to admit I snickered when the human handed the orc his spear).

Human and orc fighting to the death. Chen appears. Suddenly human and orc are allies, sharing weapons and fighting side-by-side?

I think they did better with the WotLK cinematic personally.

Deleted
    I also feel the line "to ask why we fight is to ask why leaves fall" was just immensely ridiculous and ... lame?. Because it was at the beginning of the trailer, from then on the trailer went on to further the expansion's image as something which should not be taken seriously.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    And Btw, what the fuck type of fighting style would you want a monk to have?

That of predictable streetfighter/brawler that the alliance/horde have or one of a disciplined monk (monks mostly always learn a type of martial arts),

Pandaren hater's to me just seem like them huge radical conservatives that don't want anything changed.

It's nice to see WoW actually have a sense of humor for once.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hailey View Post
    It was cool, surprisingly so. Then the panda showed up
    And then you got butthurt because you still believe Kung-Fu Panda came first. Why are you wasting time on something you hate? Actually, that's a great question: I should stop visiting mmo-champion, people on the forums are making my insides hurt.

On topic: Awesome cinematic. Blizzard really knows how to make detailed trailers with awe-inspiring animations. And the landscape at the end? My eyes got diabetes now, because it was just too much beautiful eye candy! It made me feel like go explore Pandaria!
    Last edited by mmoc1d71e72adf; 2012-08-16 at 09:53 PM.

The trailer just didn't draw me in.

I liked the pirates of the Caribbean opening.
    I liked the stranded,LOST, survivor feel of the Orc and human on the island.
    The fight was interesting. Human looks overly buff, which then makes the Orc look worse for being even more buff.
    Panda does Kung fu.
    Talking again.
    Showers off rejected nickelodeon concept art for Kung fu panda.
    Ends.

Meh. Not enought conflict. I wanted to see more then this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bippster View Post
    WOW blind as a bat. With deathwing out of the way the war between Red and Blue will start BUT the Pandaren will be what unites them and understand one another. Surely it doesnt mean peace but some respect. As you saw in the trailer the orc and human helped eachother when the monk showed up.
    the bossman SAYS this, the trailer depicts something else

it's very indicative of blizzard's disconnect with not only its players, but also inside the company. most large companies have the creative people over here, and the money people here

the former creative people have become money people, they hired in new creative people and they're not on the same page, hence the bomb that was cataclysm

Um yes! It was awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by blizzardsoldoutin2009 View Post
    the bossman SAYS this, the trailer depicts something else

it's very indicative of blizzard's disconnect with not only its players, but also inside the company. most large companies have the creative people over here, and the money people here

the former creative people have become money people, they hired in new creative people and they're not on the same page, hence the bomb that was cataclysm
    Citation needed for every claim you make.

I'd love to see them.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    If you are so sick and tired of the game, why come to a Blizzard fansite? You're feeding your own unhappiness so you have a reason to exist on the internet. No one is interested in that.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/forums/335-Guild-Wars-2

10+ Year Old Account
    Loved it! Watched it four or five times. I am biased though, I love everything Asian.

I loved it. It had me cracking up when the monk fixed that wooden pedestal thing and the orc and human just stared at him with this "what the fuh?" look on their faces. I'm even more excited for Mists now. lol

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    ...Pandaren have been around longer than most of the other races, according to lore. A monk is also calm, and thinks before acting as to not be so reckless as these two pups are when fighting. So yeah, they should be able to take out veterans who fight recklessly.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeleh View Post
    Try this experiment, cast away all prior knowledge of the expansion and watch the trailer. Do you know whats going on in wow?

Sadly I found it wholly underwhelming, it did nothing to set the tone of whats going on in the expansion, was covered in cheese once it got to the hammer back on the platform, and aparently pandas are gods who can destroy two strong veteran fighters np.

Very dull and unsatisfying, does nothing to set the tone.

Quote Originally Posted by Streetfarm View Post
    And then you got butthurt because you still believe Kung-Fu Panda came first. Why are you wasting time on something you hate? Actually, that's a great question: I should stop visiting mmo-champion, people on the forums are making my insides hurt.
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0441773/ June 6,2008

http://www.google.com/search?q=catac...&client=safari December 7 2010

Yes I understand there was one stupid panda in the original Warcraft. But which is honestly memorable. A panda in an old game or a crappy movie that's got sequels.

Go watch Kung fu panda. And then realize wow is now that.

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    Play nice guys, all of you. If someone is being ridiculous, just ignore them or report it if you think it is seriously hindering discussion. Thanks!
    Holy muffins, Tziva, you're a moderator!? Neat!

Quote Originally Posted by bejii View Post
    Human and orc fighting to the death. Chen appears. Suddenly human and orc are allies, sharing weapons and fighting side-by-side?
    It's not too uncommon for enemies to briefly set aside their differences in order to combat a more dangerous foe. We saw the same thing in the first WC3 cinematic, when the orc and human were confronted with an infernal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    Holy muffins, Tziva, you're a moderator!? Neat!
    I know, they're totally crazy. Good thing I am super super not crazy

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |