Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Romeo83x View Post
    Give them milk and nothing else, let them drink as much as they want. Also make sure it's a nice fatty milk, none of that lowfat crap. Cow milk isn't a perfect substitute, but it's your best option outside of special kitten formula powders.
    Do not do this. Cow milk isn't just 'not a perfect substitute'. Most cats cannot process lactose, and this can make them sick, or worse.

Just give them water, and maybe cat food, and TAKE THEM TO AN SPCA SHELTER.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzfinger View Post
    Hmm, without any training it could be risky, because if you don't kill them instantly you could cause even more suffering. I learned this when when we shot a pigeon with an air rifle at close range (they are considered pests in the UK). Despite the fact that half it's head splattered up the barrel of the gun, it was squirming round and yelping in agony. We shot it again and after still not killing it we felt bad about shooting it for a third time, so we left it and it stopped moving after about 10 minutes.

What I learned is that if you don't know what you're doing, things can be harder to kill than you'd imagine.
    Nah, man. Birds are just like that. You can lop off a turkey's head and sometimes it will still get up and attempt to fly away.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Romeo83x View Post
    Because you don't eat kitten meat.
    Meat is meat. I'm a dog owner yet I have no issues with people eating dogmeat, wouldn't mind a taste myself. If you're a meateater and get terrified by the idea of someone eating animalmeat that's considered a household pet you're a hypocrite.

On topic, at least over here Co2 is considered a legal way to euthanize animals in your home, small animals only ofc, you could look into that. Not that I recommend killing them if they have no health issues. Unless you mean to eat them?
    Last edited by mmoc68224f08ff; 2012-08-16 at 07:16 PM.

It's probably cheaper to pay for it than killing them yourself and go to jail. Cheapest and best thing to do is take them to an animal shelter.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felicia View Post
    I live out in the middle of no where, and finding abandoned kittens is pretty common. I used to take them to the local animal shelter, then I found out they're a kill shelter. They don't even give the animals a chance to be adopted out! I felt horribly afterwards because I'd already brought 2 kittens there in the past. But I guess that happens when there's a feral cat boom in the area.

So now I just take them into the closest town, and leave them near a house. I've seen several of them get taken in by the older ladies that live there. Probably not the best way to deal with them, but I feel better about it...
    Kill shelter? Isn't that an oxymoron?

Quote Originally Posted by Jersovic View Post
    Dude, they are literally starving to death.

And to everyone saying to take them to the vet, I don't really feel like spending thousands of dollars having them euthanized when I'm already behind in bills.
    You drop them off, it costs nothing. I think you are just trolling honestly.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Indeed Or maybe the shelter part in this case just means they kill them indoors instead of outdoors? Hence the shelter.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitey View Post
    Meat is meat. I'm a dog owner yet I have no issues with people eating dogmeat, wouldn't mind a taste myself. If you're a meateater and get terrified by the idea of someone eating animalmeat that's considered a household pet you're a hypocrite.

On topic, at least over here Co2 is considered a legal way to euthanize animals in your home, small animals only ofc, you could look into that. Not that I recommend killing them if they have no health issues. Unless you mean to eat them?

Legally you can not eat a cat or dog in the USA...
    Last edited by Purlina; 2012-08-16 at 07:24 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    No. There are "Kill Shelters" which will handle adoptions and whatnot, but after a certain time will euthanize. "No Kill Shelters" do not do that.

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    You drop them off, it costs nothing. I think you are just trolling honestly.
    He's been posting a somewhat controversial thread every couple days and then watching the flame war go between eachother.

Deleted
    find someone with a snake.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by blackblade View Post
    He's been posting a somewhat controversial thread every couple days and then watching the flame war go between eachother.
    Yup. I'm surprised he hasn't been banned yet.

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    No, because it's done by people who have the proper materials and methods to do so, making it both humane, and safe.

It does not take anytign special to "humanly" kill an animal. Any one with a gun can dispatch a human death. It is not rocket science.

I DO NOT SUPPORT THE IDEA. Just pointing out that any one can do it humanly.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by kazih View Post
    Killing them in a shelter appareantly is more humane because it's done by someone whos good at killing animals.
    Major difference between lethal injection and harmless death, and thumping it to death with a hammer. You can't tell the difference?

As a person who loves cat, I hate this thread.

Trolled.

Anyone with a shred of common sense would call animal control or a shelter. Even if that meant they got put down, you wouldn't be doing it illegally.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    It does not take anytign special to "humanly" kill an animal. Any one with a gun can dispatch a human death. It is not rocket science. I DO NOT SUPPORT THE IDEA. Just pointing out that any one can do it humanly.
    It's harder than you think to kill something, and unless you did it properly, you risk causing harm, and likely getting yourself in trouble. Shooting a cat to 'euthanize' it will definitely get jail time. Basically: No.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    Major difference between lethal injection and harmless death, and thumping it to death with a hammer. You can't tell the difference?

As a person who loves cat, I hate this thread.
    They don't use injections to euthanize animals in a shelter, they usually gas them in a large box all at once. Terrible business, hasn't been said enough: spay and neuter your pets!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    No. There are "Kill Shelters" which will handle adoptions and whatnot, but after a certain time will euthanize. "No Kill Shelters" do not do that.
    Oh I see. From reading the post I quoted, I got the impression that you take them there and they just kill them.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hate getting trolled on threads like these, because it's a big deal to me, and it turns out that it's just someone screwing around.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumineus View Post
    Nah, man. Birds are just like that. You can lop off a turkey's head and sometimes it will still get up and attempt to fly away.
    You know domesticated turkeys need a roof over their head because when it rains they look up where its coming from and drown ?