Just tested on dummies and only Agony transferred with the 100% crit chance.

RIP OP affliction )=

server restart now on eu so probably hotfix inc

Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post
    server restart now on eu so probably hotfix inc
    I assumed they would. Didn't think they'd do it mid-week though. :O

Deleted
    tagged fixed in blizz bug database, not related to server restart on eu

Deleted
    Well the restart did apply the fix. This is weird that it still working with Agony.

Edit: probably related to keeping the stacks when Soul swapping ?

Finally, was just waiting for this. No reason at all to stick to affli as offspec now anymore!
    ~ Battle.net MVP ~
    Overwatch mod
    Twitter | Soundcloud

What about intellect buffs, are they still saved?

Quote Originally Posted by evralia View Post
    I love you Sam. One day you'll get UV, one day.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by evralia View Post
    Nope.

Nope again, because i can't post 5 character replies :<

Deleted
    was waiting for this reset to do my own testing sad sad news )

Deleted
    From the few hours I've tried it, it was pretty horrible, good riddance ?

Deleted
    the problem is, saving the buffs wasnt the OP part of it and it is logical to keep it the way it was. it was the fact that you could keep rolling those buffed up dots for the entire fight that was insanely OP. it would have make much more sense to have put a debuff on the target that prevented you from soulswapping dots back onto the target for say 30-60 secs, would have made soul swap usefull and not close to OP, instead they pretty much ruin the ability, atleast in my opinion, guess it took too much programming to fix it the right way, so they did it the lazy way. oh well, never got the UVLS to try it and tbh i wouldnt use the exploit in raids anyways, im all for doing insane dps, but doing insane dps while using exploits isnt insane dps, its cheating plain and simple.
    Last edited by mmoca748dddcc2; 2013-05-17 at 08:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by almara2512 View Post
    tbh i wouldnt use the exploit in raids anyways, im all for doing insane dps, but doing insane dps while using exploits isnt insane dps, its cheating plain and simple.
    Tell that to all the people that ranked due to this "bug", quite a few of them are in this thread...........

Anyways, it wasn't really "cheating" it was just a clever use of game mechanics and it got hotfixed, simple as that.

Deleted
    well you can say that about all exlpoits or bugs.

Deleted
    totally hotfixed on EU for corr/UA but agony keeps both intellect/UVLS.

Should still be a decent dps increase to keep agony rolling and just mannually refreshing UA/corr in-between soulswaps every 24secs

Quote Originally Posted by Gaiaa View Post
    totally hotfixed on EU for corr/UA but agony keeps both intellect/UVLS.

Should still be a decent dps increase to keep agony rolling and just mannually refreshing UA/corr in-between soulswaps every 24secs
    probably, since it will also increase haunt uptime significantly. plus you can do quick fel flames to reapply UA/corr with buffs.

Deleted
    After further dummy tests selfbuffed : (troll, herbalism, engineering, potion, UVLS, Breath of the hydra, Legendary metagem, Jadespirit)

- Agony keeps everything when soulswapped (juste like before)
    - Corruption and UA only snapshot haste, intellect and crit are recalculated upon soulswapping

=> soulswapped UA : 20 ticks
    => soulswapped corruption : 25 ticks

=> normal UA : 9 ticks
    => normal corruption : 12 ticks

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by icecoldsir View Post
    Tell that to all the people that ranked due to this "bug", quite a few of them are in this thread...........

Anyways, it wasn't really "cheating" it was just a clever use of game mechanics and it got hotfixed, simple as that.
    Heh. Tell that to my GM asking me why I am not ranking but am top 3 dps every fight, while people spec fking arcane, are 15th in dps and rank 24th oO

Edit : Wow all dots retain their haste ? yes, that's going to be a bit mad with nightfall procs.
    I have a feeling this is going to end up even more complicated. ie keep doing the soulswapping for Agony and haste on Corr + UA, but when you get proc X then you reapply only corr and UA. But if you get proc Y, then it's not worth it. Sigh. They can't just fix something, they have to half fix it.
    Last edited by mmoc8ee790e781; 2013-05-17 at 12:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaiaa View Post
    After further dummy tests selfbuffed : (troll, herbalism, engineering, potion, UVLS, Breath of the hydra, Legendary metagem, Jadespirit)

- Agony keeps everything when soulswapped (juste like before)
    - Corruption and UA only snapshot haste, intellect and crit are recalculated upon soulswapping

=> soulswapped UA : 20 ticks
    => soulswapped corruption : 25 ticks

=> normal UA : 9 ticks
    => normal corruption : 12 ticks
    bloodlust, dark soul, legendary meta, uvls, shadopan trinket and you shall still get good profits