Can anyone test if Tricks of the Trade can be still rolled? Also what do you think, with the Valor trinket haste proc and UVLS for Agony alone will it still be a DPS gain to keep all of the DoTs till the end of the fight, or just use Hydra/ UVLS and roll only Agory?

Just tested it on a dummy. Tricks, intellect procs, and UVLS are all nerfed for UA/corruption. The only buffs you can keep rolling are haste buffs.

Todays nab-question. What does RPPM stand for? Somewhere along the way i missed the meaning so lots of things doesnt make sense to me atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Aianos View Post
    Todays nab-question. What does RPPM stand for? Somewhere along the way i missed the meaning so lots of things doesnt make sense to me atm.
    RPPM = Real Proc Per Minute. Its a new formula system blizz introduced for some enchants (like jade spirit) and trinkets in 5.2.
    Briefly, the chance to proc per event scales with your haste. There are several blue posts explaining it all.

So we should pick up valor trinket when we are able to SS for haste proc?

Wush and Breath of Hydra imo

Quote Originally Posted by Keiyra View Post
    RPPM = Real Proc Per Minute. Its a new formula system blizz introduced for some enchants (like jade spirit) and trinkets in 5.2.
    Briefly, the chance to proc per event scales with your haste. There are several blue posts explaining it all.
    Cheers. Now the haste-stacking make more sense too.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think we can safely bet that if Blizz went ahead and hotfixed our dot rolling with SS, that any further use of it, due to the fact it's not completely fixed yet is just dragging out the inevitable of them fixing this last part of it too (agony + haste on UA and Corr). Not sure it's worth the effort to set up for this situation that you can pretty much bet hard cash on is going to get fixed.

So I currently started playing Affliction in the older LFRs for fun and it seems like I am pulling WAY lower dps than Demo and Destro. Usually, as Demo I can burst for 200k ish and Destro little lower. But Affliction does not seem to hit even 100k.. And usually I was evening out around 80k. I am only 502 ilevel but that seems VERY low to me.. I am currently reforged for Mastery, and even though being quite new with the spec, I was doing fairly well rotation wise. Refreshing dots as I got trinket procs, using Haunt pretty much every chance I could. Just curious if I am missing out on something else really big that is dropping my dps.

affli wasnt close to my destro until full normal tot gear and legendary meta (no rppm trinkets).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by almara2512 View Post
    well you can say that about all exlpoits or bugs.
    Not really, using engineering bombs to remake LKs platforms is a blatant exploit / bug.

Buffs not recalculating on SS sounds like it might be working as intended, but just has stupid intent behind it (which considering balance issues, isn't unusual).

That said, I'm glad to see it's getting fixed - it wasn't particularly "fun" to play.

Deleted
    you could still say that using engineering bombs to remake LKs platforms is simply clever use of game mechanincs, after all, blizz put in the possibility to do this, hence it is game mechanics. trust me, all bugs and exploits is clever use of game mechanics, the only question is, whether or not it is intended.

news flash: games are meant to be exploited.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    Not really, using engineering bombs to remake LKs platforms is a blatant exploit / bug.

Buffs not recalculating on SS sounds like it might be working as intended, but just has stupid intent behind it (which considering balance issues, isn't unusual).

That said, I'm glad to see it's getting fixed - it wasn't particularly "fun" to play.
    It was a lot more interesting to play it on council and still keep up add damage and such than playing just regular affliction.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by almara2512 View Post
    you could still say that using engineering bombs to remake LKs platforms is simply clever use of game mechanincs, after all, blizz put in the possibility to do this, hence it is game mechanics. trust me, all bugs and exploits is clever use of game mechanics, the only question is, whether or not it is intended.
    I'd argue there's a line, and it's going well past that when you claim "Engineering bombs are supposed to rebuild platforms on encounters" - that's just ludicrous. "Moving dots from target 1 -> 2, maintains their strength" sounds fairly intuitive and reasonable, they're the same dots and dots have always been gamed into having high proc uptime as is.

Some things are obviously not intended, some things are shades of grey.

On topic; in regards to H Council of Elders, will demo with lei'shen trinket be back to outperforming affliction now that the soulswapping has been neutered? I've no idea how big the gap was before the SS abuse started coming into play and how much the SS thing will still be competetive against that with purely haste snap

Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    I'd argue there's a line, and it's going well past that when you claim "Engineering bombs are supposed to rebuild platforms on encounters" - that's just ludicrous. "Moving dots from target 1 -> 2, maintains their strength" sounds fairly intuitive and reasonable, they're the same dots and dots have always been gamed into having high proc uptime as is.

Some things are obviously not intended, some things are shades of grey.

On topic; in regards to H Council of Elders, will demo with lei'shen trinket be back to outperforming affliction now that the soulswapping has been neutered? I've no idea how big the gap was before the SS abuse started coming into play and how much the SS thing will still be competetive against that with purely haste snap
    The gap was not really there before the bug abuse started happening. I was seeing Aff numbers similar to the Demo parses.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    The gap was not really there before the bug abuse started happening. I was seeing Aff numbers similar to the Demo parses.
    Hm, fair enough - guess I'll stick with affliction for now since I'm more familiar with the spec, though the demo sticky is telling me that imp spam might be better since all of the damage will switch target as I do, resulting in more focused damage where I need it.

Probably going to have to lose my destro to have demo as a backup incase I perform better as that though, which will be a shame. Wtb trispec.

I don't really agree. Without the Soul Swap bug, Demo with the Lei Shen trinket is very clearly superior there. You won't find an Affli parse over 300k without Soul Swap abuse.

Quote Originally Posted by evralia View Post
    I don't really agree. Without the Soul Swap bug, Demo with the Lei Shen trinket is very clearly superior there. You won't find an Affli parse over 300k without Soul Swap abuse.
    And Demo parses over 300k is just getting extremely lucky with procs.

Deleted
    And Demo parses over 300k is just getting extremely lucky with procs.
    Nah, only thing it requires is to keep 100% crit doom in all targets all the time, with "normal" luck it should be doable.