10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post
    So you're spending 10 mins in P2? What a nightmare that must be.
    It really is. Causes so many more complications than the RL will admit. Enrage timers...yeah, that's seen more often than not.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    What about KJC Warlocks who are nearly (perhaps more) mobile as melee, particularly when they are adept at stutter-stepping to avoid the movement penalty ?
    Should be a waste to not have a Warlock taking pheromones for the very same reason. I don't see any other class than Hunter doing the job as well as a KJC Warlock.

Should be a waste to not have a Warlock taking pheromones for the very same reason. I don't see any other class than Hunter doing the job as well as a KJC Warlock.
    We like to use Hunters, Warlocks, and Healers in our pheromone rotation, yeah, but I was talking about when you're either not assigned or when you've just given up the pheromone and are free to handle body and/or legs without worrying about positioning for a bit.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Moggie View Post
    It really is. Causes so many more complications than the RL will admit. Enrage timers...yeah, that's seen more often than not.
    The berserk on amber-shaper is less than 10 minutes. Who is stacking on the boss in P2?

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    We like to use Hunters, Warlocks, and Healers in our pheromone rotation, yeah, but I was talking about when you're either not assigned or when you've just given up the pheromone and are free to handle body and/or legs without worrying about positioning for a bit.
    Sure, it's just going to be hard to tell what's better when most (all) Warlocks are taking pheromones. When we did it first time in 10-man all our ranged classes did great on the legs so it felt unnecessary to start argue that I should get more time on them. We only had our DK/Rogue (don't remember what he played) sitting at legs fulltime (ie we only saved spare legs for him).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by voidspark View Post
    The berserk on amber-shaper is less than 10 minutes. Who is stacking on the boss in P2?
    Nobody until the last 5% of the monstrosity.

Nobody until the last 5% of the monstrosity.
    This makes no sense at all. The only reason to make P2 slower is to build stacks on boss to make sure you make the soft enrage in P3.

Deleted
    Nothing wrong with your RL's strat.

It's not necessary to re-apply dots once you're inside Garalon's leg.
    Your dot damage on the leg will update dynamically upon entering and leaving the circle.

I'm not sure if it's a special case with Weak Points specifically, or all debuffs that affect player power, but it is how it is on Garalon. <3

Quote Originally Posted by Sookiie View Post
    Nothing wrong with your RL's strat.
    Very useful post. Thanks.

Especially from someone who hasn't killed the boss(?).

Bonkura, it's a viable strat, and actually the one Blizzard intended, but probably (definitely?) not the best strat. As far as I know here goes:

Blizzard's Intended Strat:

Phase 1: Break tanks out of constructs ASAP. Pools are only eaten until the next reshape comes up. Respawns are dealt with.
    Phase 2: Push the monstrosity fast by having constructs stack on it, same deal - pools are eaten until the next reshape comes up. Respawns are dealt with. Boss resets to 0 stacks.
    Phase 3: Players who are turned stack on the boss and eat the pools as needed to stay alive. Respawns are (still) dealt with.

There is lots of raid damage, and this really sucks because you have to deal with tons of crap. Lust when the boss is at high stacks (finally), since you stack exponentially faster.

Easy "Classic" Strat:

Phase 1: Similar to the intended strategy, but the last tank stays in the construct.
    Phase 2: Players stack the boss instead of the monstrosity, with the perma-construct interrupting the boss and eating pools.
    Phase 3: There are less pools (and less spawns to deal with) but you won't need them because you burn the fuck out of the boss.

Raid damage compared to the "intended" strat is a lot lower due to not dealing with as much respawns and P3 is a lot shorter which lets you skip the amber beacons almost entirely.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The "classic" stack-boss strategy is definitely easier, but even if you go with your current strat it's best to start stacking around 20% rather than 5%. Once you've stacked the monstrosity even 20% of his health will go down quickly on demand.

I don't know why you are writing a wall of text trying to explain the fight to me. Moggie said that they only have the constructs touching the monstrosity until 5%, which is completely pointless. You are gonna have half of the raid doing nothing so if you're struggling with the enrage this is to be blunt just retarded.

I don't know why you are writing a wall of text trying to explain the fight to me. Moggie said that they only have the constructs touching the monstrosity until 5%, which is completely pointless. You are gonna have half of the raid doing nothing so if you're struggling with the enrage this is to be blunt just retarded.
    It was written mainly to Moggie (explaining both strats) and partially responding to your comment to Sookiie.

I won't deny that either Moggie's RL needs a new strat, or their guild needs a new RL, or Moggie needs a new guild, because you're right on the last point.

Deleted
    Don't think Moggie understand the strat with the way he wrote this, implying you can BL twice in the fight.

Not our start. It's a fun loving RNG crapfest the RL made. The construct aka/ tanks are the only ones that damages the boss from 100% to 70%. Pop bloodlust right before the p2 change, then it's only the constructs who whittle the monstrosity down in p2 while raid takes care of ambers and constructs. Pop BL a couple seconds after the monstrosity dies, pew pew boss... hopefully. Quite a crappy strategy
    Also, if you do the strat your RL is having you do, you should be able to nuke the main boss to ~15-25% before P2 starts with 4-5 minutes left on the enrage timer. After that both the tank staying in the construct and the one getting reshaped are stacking on the monstrosity making it go down faster than if you do the "double stacking" tactic. The construct guy can start stacking on the boss when monstrosity is on ~20% so you should start the last phase with 1-2~minutes on enrage + 3-5 stacks on the boss. UNLESS I READ IT WRONG AND YOUR RL IS ACTUALLY MAKING YOU NOT TOUCH THE MONSTROSITY AT ALL DURING P2 WHICH IS WEIRD?

EDIT: Obviously doing the "Classic" strat is way better but some people actually have issues double stacking both the boss and the monstrosity, so there's less room for error. So if your raid doesn't have derps in them, you should go with the "classic" strat as the fight will last for almost half the duration.

Oh and sorry for not making a more constructive post above and actually putting a DISCLAIMER that I haven't killed the boss. I should not post advice about bosses I haven't killed.
    Last edited by mmoc184db2de30; 2013-01-28 at 03:40 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't think Moggie understand the strat with the way he wrote this, implying you can BL twice in the fight.

Also, if you do the strat your RL is having you do, you should be able to nuke the main boss to ~15-25% before P2 starts with 4-5 minutes left on the enrage timer. After that both the tank staying in the construct and the one getting reshaped are stacking on the monstrosity making it go down faster than if you do the "double stacking" tactic. The construct guy can start stacking on the boss when monstrosity is on ~20% so you should start the last phase with 1-2~minutes on enrage + 3-5 stacks on the boss. UNLESS I READ IT WRONG AND YOUR RL IS ACTUALLY MAKING YOU NOT TOUCH THE MONSTROSITY AT ALL DURING P2 WHICH IS WEIRD?

EDIT: Obviously doing the "Classic" strat is way better but some people actually have issues double stacking both the boss and the monstrosity, so there's less room for error. So if your raid doesn't have derps in them, you should go with the "classic" strat as the fight will last for almost half the duration.

Oh and sorry for not making a more constructive post above and actually putting a DISCLAIMER that I haven't killed the boss. I should not post advice about bosses I haven't killed.
    Lol. No, you're right. Somehow when I went to change 'bloodlust' into 'BL' I put it in twice. Bloodlust isn't used until the P2-P3 transition so the boss is usually at about 40% before p2 begins. And yes, nobody's to touch the Monstrosity and is solely whittled down by the construct until 5% then the monstrosity starts stacking the debuff on the boss itself while also dealing with interrupts on boss. Constructs overlap so the next to last construct will be the one to finish the monstrosity while the newest construct attacks the boss. It's gets pretty... confusing as there's no real set point when to kill the monstrosity until the RL calls for it (usually during a scapel for some reason unbeknownst to the raid seeing as the boss still has the 90% dmg reduction on...). It's like a dot classes nightmare.

Anyways, was hoping the vid would help with my damage but since it's much different than our strategy I still need to figure out how to get more dps.
    Last edited by Moggie; 2013-01-28 at 04:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by evralia View Post
    http://worldoflogs.com/rankings/play...ralon/25H/dps/

I'll just leave this here. Warlocks are very low priority to be dpsing legs. If it's a farm kill, sure why not. But for progress, if you have melee, it is whoring. In most situations, a guild progressing on Garalon will benefit from having their casters tunnel the boss and their rogues/warriors/dks focus legs.

Oh, good, let's dodge the issue completely by posting about who does more cleave damage when I was talking about single target. You're missing the point completely. This claim you make in your video that melee classes are better suited on Legs than Warlocks is misguiding and incorrect. Set your ego aside, and think about the points I made regarding the damage Rogues do to the 2nd target being low. Then remember that all Melee do less damage to a 2nd target than Rogues do. Your statement was wrong, regardless of your ego.

Sorry to go off topic a little, but is affliction or demo better for Feng heroic? I always thought demo was the go to spec if you wanted bursty AoE, but world of logs says otherwise for that fight. Is there something special their doing as afflic to push that DPS? Like SB:SS as much adds as you can then Seed of corruption? Any tip is appreciated

Deleted
    Lol. No, you're right. Somehow when I went to change 'bloodlust' into 'BL' I put it in twice. Bloodlust isn't used until the P2-P3 transition so the boss is usually at about 40% before p2 begins. And yes, nobody's to touch the Monstrosity and is solely whittled down by the construct until 5% then the monstrosity starts stacking the debuff on the boss itself while also dealing with interrupts on boss. Constructs overlap so the next to last construct will be the one to finish the monstrosity while the newest construct attacks the boss. It's gets pretty... confusing as there's no real set point when to kill the monstrosity until the RL calls for it (usually during a scapel for some reason unbeknownst to the raid seeing as the boss still has the 90% dmg reduction on...). It's like a dot classes nightmare.

Anyways, was hoping the vid would help with my damage but since it's much different than our strategy I still need to figure out how to get more dps.
    Does he give you a reason for not Dpsing the Monstrosity? There's no point in prolonging the P2 if you're not double stacking. And BL should be used on the P1-P2 transition of you're doing that tactic.

Quote Originally Posted by Teye View Post
    100% of Combat Rogue damage is not cleaved when Blade Flurry is active, not to mention the loss in energy regen. The exact same argument could be made that they would be doing more boss dps if they attacked the body, and it would be correct.

Moving past Rogues, DKs, Ret Paladins, Enhance Shaman and Warriors all do a very small percentage of their dps to a 2nd target when cleaving. Again, same argument can be made. Windwalkers barely cleave at all. Zero reason for them to be on a leg over a multidot class.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teye View Post
    Oh, good, let's dodge the issue completely by posting about who does more cleave damage when I was talking about single target. You're missing the point completely. This claim you make in your video that melee classes are better suited on Legs than Warlocks is misguiding and incorrect. Set your ego aside, and think about the points I made regarding the damage Rogues do to the 2nd target being low. Then remember that all Melee do less damage to a 2nd target than Rogues do. Your statement was wrong, regardless of your ego.
    1) Rogues are better cleave than warlocks. They will do more boss DPS from being on the legs than they will from being on the boss, contrary to your statement. This is why, particularly, you want legs up for rogues to hit - so there is such a thing as killing legs too quickly, it's a raid DPS loss.

2) His claim that Rogues, Warriors, and DK's are better on the legs is probably correct. Not saying a lock or shadow priest (which is a better class than a lock for this, as you know) can't toss a few dots on the legs (they should, as you know), but unless legs are spawning faster than they are dying, you want melee to focus them - specifically passive cleave classes.
    Last edited by nightfalls; 2013-01-28 at 06:56 AM.

I've never done this but I think the goal is to get the boss to just above 70% and start nuking him when he starts channeling amber scalpel.

You shouldn't post non-constructive replies in a theorycrafting discussion. Usually people who do it think they are so good they only need to tell people what's right/wrong. You didn't even leave us with that so I had to point it out.