Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Just so you know Weakauras works fine, and is every bit as good as PA, probably better at the moment cause of the issues you mentioned. I wouldn't say this from just my own experience, but I've seen and heard a LOT of top players using weakauras these days instead of PA.
    That is exactly why I came here. Trying to ask folks outside of this forum has gotten me nowhere. I'm not sure why I have always had an issue configuring an aura addon. I have had no issues w/ any of the others. At this point, I just want my trinket/weapon proc auras back. I can honestly say that I have gotten so used to having them, that they being gone now is making me a little nutty.

I will look at weakauras again, maybe I can figure it out. (PA's new frames has just thrown me for a total loop)

Thanks again

I use the updated non-official version of Power Auras. Until it breaks / stops getting updated I will not switch to Weak Auras -- just too much of a hassle having to relearn a new addon when the one I use currently does everything I need it to.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    I use the updated non-official version of Power Auras. Until it breaks / stops getting updated I will not switch to Weak Auras -- just too much of a hassle having to relearn a new addon when the one I use currently does everything I need it to.
    Basics of these addons (PA, Weakauras,Tellmewhen) are largely the same tbh. It would suck to have to redo EVERYTHING for every class I've got auras set up for though, cause that is a monster job to undertake if you want to do it. I'd cry and moan and whimper about it for a bit and then do it in installments I think, if I ever had to.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Peye View Post
    Thank you. That is probably my issue. I re-downloaded from curse, and every time I try to save anything I create it deletes itself. I will remove that immediately and wait for your next post. My other issue w/ PA is it is not as user friendly as I would like. I had to have a friend help me set up the codes the first time, I'm not sure why I can't ever get that addon, but I guess that has to be my "blonde bottle addon".

Thank you for your assistance, it is greatly appreciated.
    Set=Page 1@
    Aura[1]=Version:4.23.11; icon:Spell_Shaman_SpiritLink; buffname:jade spirit; x:307; customname:104993; texture:0; customtex:true; size:0.18; y:149; timer.enabled:true; timer.Relative:RIGHT@
    Aura[2]=Version:4.23.11; icon:inv_offhand_ulduarraid_d_03; buffname:inner brilliance; x:306; customname:126577; customtex:true; size:0.18; y:56; timer.enabled:true; timer.Relative:RIGHT@
    Aura[3]=Version:4.23.11; icon:trade_alchemy_potiond4; buffnameotion of the jade serpent; x:308; customname:105702; customtex:true; size:0.18; y:-33; timer.enabled:true; timer.Relative:RIGHT@
    Aura[4]=Version:4.23.11; icon:inv_inscription_trinket_dragon; buffname:blessing of the celestials; x:308; customname:128985; customtex:true; size:0.18; y:10; timer.enabled:true; timer.Relative:RIGHT@
    Aura[5]=Version:4.23.11; icon:spell_warlock_demonsoul; buffname:dark soul; x:306; customname:113860; customtex:true; size:0.18; y:102; timer.enabled:true; timer.Relative:RIGHT@

import that (import set), this is all my buff tracking aura's. import it to a new page though, or it may delete everything on the page

Ty Viggers, and thank you Xskarma. I currently downloaded both PA (from the right site this time), and WeakAuras to see which I prefer overall. I appreciate the time and effort given to help me through my derpiness.

Have a great Monday!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Peye View Post
    Have a great Monday!
    Rather unusual to wish someone a nice Monday, but then again I *am* rather unusual, so thank you. Monday is my favourite time of year.

(couldn't resist )

Is the info in the Lock Class Guide video in the OP still accurate? There are so many threads and comments now, especially about the haste cap and hit cap, I cant tell who is right and who is wrong.

The OP video says haste caps (thresholds) are 4198, then 4717. Are these still valid? What are the caps after 4717?

For hit, is it better to just go full 15%, or does 12% esentially perform the same. AskMrRobot still says going hit capped is a dps loss and always tries to put me at 7-8%

With the new patch due soon...perhaps the OP could update the class guide video.

Quote Originally Posted by Xogo View Post
    Is the info in the Lock Class Guide video in the OP still accurate? There are so many threads and comments now, especially about the haste cap and hit cap, I cant tell who is right and who is wrong.

The OP video says haste caps (thresholds) are 4198, then 4717. Are these still valid? What are the caps after 4717?

For hit, is it better to just go full 15%, or does 12% esentially perform the same. AskMrRobot still says going hit capped is a dps loss and always tries to put me at 7-8%

With the new patch due soon...perhaps the OP could update the class guide video.
    Hit cap for affliction will most likely always be preference, though the majority of top parses are all hit capped or less then 0.10% under cap. Hit cap is advised if you aren't 100% on reactions, but it's led to so many discussions that ultimately ends up in it's your option, do as you please. Haste thresholds are still 4198 in pre-raid gear, 4717 in medium gear and 6637 in higher end gear. You'll probably see the Agony/Corruption breakpoint (9778) in mediumish gear next tier.

My opinion/knowledge that I've gathered:

-- Hit cap. (15%)
    -- Less then 480 ilvl, hit 4198/4717 as your gear allows. Usually want mastery to have more or close to as much haste. It's usually never worth gemming for haste to hit breakpoints but as always, sim your toon and see what you get.
    -- Higher then 485 ilvl will most likely easily be able to hit 4717, start gemming for full mastery.
    -- Higher then 495 ilvl, gem for keen over artful in red sockets(gemming for keen for my example, has led to an increase over the intel because I can hit 6637 with the extra stats from having an easier time hit capping). Hit 6637.
    Last edited by Kink; 2013-02-05 at 04:32 PM.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kink View Post
    Hit cap for affliction will most likely always be preference, though the majority of top parses are all hit capped or less then 0.10% under cap. Hit cap is advised if you aren't 100% on reactions, but it's led to so many discussions that ultimately ends up in it's your option, do as you please. Haste thresholds are still 4198 in pre-raid gear, 4717 in medium gear and 6637 in higher end gear. You'll probably see the Agony/Corruption breakpoint (9778) in mediumish gear next tier.

My opinion/knowledge that I've gathered:

-- Hit cap. (15%)
    -- Less then 480 ilvl, hit 4198/4717 as your gear allows. Usually want mastery to have more or close to as much haste. It's usually never worth gemming for haste to hit breakpoints but as always, sim your toon and see what you get.
    -- Higher then 485 ilvl will most likely easily be able to hit 4717, start gemming for full mastery.
    -- Higher then 495 ilvl, gem for keen over artful in red sockets(gemming for keen for my example, has led to an increase over the intel because I can hit 6637 with the extra stats from having an easier time hit capping). Hit 6637.
    personally, i would place a higher priority on getting to 4717 haste. not because of breakpoints, but because until i got to about thaty i felt very rng dependant on soul shards. SS generation feels much more consistent as you get close to 5k haste imo.

this is just something i felt while playing, and it may be less dps to go straight for 4717 haste even sacrificing mastery, but for me it felt much smoother and i hated getting procs and having no shards to take advantage of that. although tbh, you can comfortably get hit cap, 4717 haste and ~5k mastery in fairly average gear if i remember correctly. light of the cosmos helps with this BIG TIME though
    Last edited by Viggers; 2013-02-05 at 06:23 PM.

Deleted
    how much dps do i lose when i use 'mortal coil' now and then during a fight?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maldora View Post
    1 GCD of damage, - the damage of the mortal coil x the number of times you do it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tryana View Post
    1 GCD of damage, - the damage of the mortal coil x the number of times you do it.
    MC doesn't do damage.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    If it keeps you alive, you gain 100% of the damage you couldn't do if you were dead.
    If it helps your healers so they can keep someone else alive, it could help you kill a boss>> a dps loss.
    “I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: ‘O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.’ And God granted it.” -- Voltaire

"He who awaits much can expect little" -- Gabriel Garcia Marquez

Deleted
    Doesn't really matter - you shouldn't be putting it in your rotation, but you should be using it to stay alive.

On heroic, the mini-adds also give unlimited shards.
    Are you sure about this? my guild was doing H protectors last night and I tried soul draining them and got no shards from their death. I'll try again but I was almost sure you couldn't get shards from them, just like oozes on ambershaper or sparks on elegon.

Quote Originally Posted by Nazmina View Post
    Are you sure about this? my guild was doing H protectors last night and I tried soul draining them and got no shards from their death. I'll try again but I was almost sure you couldn't get shards from them, just like oozes on ambershaper or sparks on elegon.
    Yes, they give shards from DS.

So, maybe I missed something this expansion, but has anyone else noticed dots update dynamically with dark soul wearing off?

Example: Dark soul--> coruption, ticking every 1.31 seconds-> normal refresh of corruption via sb:ss before DS ends---> corruption ticking every 1.31 seconds and then every 1.81 seconds after DS wears off

?:|

The adds give soul shard, BUT they have to tick at least one time (something like that) or they don't grant you anything.

As long as you channel DrainSoul a fex seconds before, it will do the trick

Quote Originally Posted by Ezzyo View Post
    So, maybe I missed something this expansion, but has anyone else noticed dots update dynamically with dark soul wearing off?

Example: Dark soul--> coruption, ticking every 1.31 seconds-> normal refresh of corruption via sb:ss before DS ends---> corruption ticking every 1.31 seconds and then every 1.81 seconds after DS wears off

?:|
    Tooltips show time based on your current stats.
    1. Cast Corruption on target dummy, count ticks (10 for me)
    2. Activate DS, cast Corruption, cancel DS buff immediately, count ticks (14 for me)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nazmina View Post

Yeah, for HM Protectors the minions will give shards, since they actually die. Oozes and sparks don't really die, per se. Oozes just 'morph' into puddles and the sparks simply disappear, but neither dies in the sense of things.