Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Blznsmri View Post
    Because you can 1-shot a boss with phoenix down...
    And in FF7 you can kill undead bosses with an X-potion, that cures 100% of your health.

Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    Square Enix has yet to create a game that stands up to Secret of Mana, Final Fantasy Tactics, or either FFIV or VI, all of which were created by Square.

I agree with Krazy on the FF series, both IX and X were better than VII. VII was a mediocre game.
    always found ff6 and ff9 to be the best for me.

Am I one of the only people who see 7 as the most overhyped and overpraised game ever invented? 13 was garbage (I too wanted to give it a chance but couldn't), but I could barely play 7 just like 13. I played neither one for more than an hour because of how boring they both started (13 I know for a fact doesn't really get better and it just turned me off. I was only fueled by the hype to finally give 7 a try and found it boring too)

For the record, my favorite FF is 10, with 4 and 6 short behind. Also loved 11 forever as it was my first MMO (even playing on Dial-Up for 3 years, I still loved the hell out of it).
    Last edited by Polarthief; 2012-08-18 at 02:57 AM.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Last good game Square made was Chrono Trigger, really.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    FFX-2 is to Final Fantasy games what WoW is right now to MMORPGs. People like to hate on it to hate on it.

FFX-2's combat system was absolutely phenomenal. The classes were great, and the leveling system was fantastic. The storyline was average, and some of the characters were lackluster, but its still a very, very solid game. In fact, I'd say that FFX-2's leveling system was only second to FFX's sphere grid.

FF7 is like BC. Everyone reminisces about how utterly amazing it is, although its actually just an average, solid game.
    ^ I never understood why FFX-2 was such a bad game. It was great along with FFX yet EVERYONE hates on them.

I will agree that FFVII is like BC in terms of it's overhyped and overloved, but BC WAS a great expansion, and Cataclysm has been utter shit.

---------- Post added 2012-08-17 at 11:02 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    Last good game Square made was Chrono Trigger, really.
    You forgot SMRPG, which for that reason makes me HATE square since they won't give up their rights to Mallow and Geno to be used in other games like SSBB
    Last edited by Polarthief; 2012-08-18 at 03:02 AM.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    They need to stop listening to fans then.

Final Fantasy 9
    Final Fantasy 10
    Final Fantasy 10-2
    Kingdom Hearts franchise

All miles ahead of FF7.
    Nope. I think 7 is the best FF game ever.

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel alone in the fact that 10-2 and 12 were my favorites... I enjoyed 10 a lot too... 13 is kinda meh, but I'm not really doing anything outside of farming my crystarium up to be full by the time I hit chapter 12.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

MY first FF was FF9 and of course i loved it, played 7 and 8 next, then ten, ten 2, 12, 13, 13-2 (halfway ish?)

absolutely love all of them except for 13 and 13-2. FF games span the entire world or multiple worlds, they are big and huge and all encompassing, that is what makes them great, going to a new area and getting hit by new monsters (although somewhat themed ex. cactaurs and 1000 needles) 13 didnt do any of this. 10 lost some of it with no world map but made up with it by being on ps2 and just generally being awesome (clothing, blitzball((even if you hated it, the sport itself is cool)) al-bhed vs the world.. sadly if it has to be explained it can't be comprehended)

someone mentioned last remnant and said it was bad, i use to joke with my friends that it was named last remnant because it was the last good game square(enix) would make.

but to the initial question, is square losing it? Yes they are, 13 and 13-2 both suck--obviously we all know the mmo was terrible, a market square should just give up on completely
    i don't know how legitimate or real the FF15 cinematic is but it excited me (the one with the people praying and they get jihadded on and a dog chases the lady and valefor? owns the dog)

another note- 10-2's battle system and leveling was quite good, not to mention it was the first time they continued a world and it moved forward quite logically. 12 was great because of the freedom it allowed, want to go solo? sure, want to heal, go ahead, want to farm that over powered ass death sword (dont know the name) at level 15 (maybe?) and use it until the end of the game, go ahead
    Last edited by Coolascancer; 2012-08-18 at 04:17 AM.

Deleted
    *Start FF thread about Square and FF7 rerelease*

*Ends up being which Final Fantasy is better.*

You all have different likes.
    Hell, as long as we all took SOMETHING from SOME Final Fantasy game, we're all brothers and sisters in my eyes.
    Much love to all. <3

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Square did a pretty good job with Sleeping Dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by Coolascancer View Post
    someone mentioned last remnant and said it was bad, i use to joke with my friends that it was named last remnant because it was the last good game square(enix) would make.
    I said the storytelling is just awful, literally there is no story. Gameplay was quite funny.
    *SPOILER*
    When Rush magically found out he is a Remnant in the last 2 minutes I wanted to puke.
    Last edited by Faldric; 2012-08-18 at 08:53 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kipling View Post
    the problem is it comes down to opinion, and most people's opinion is that 7 is the best (mine included tbh)
    Most people that say its the best haven't actually even played it, or have not touched any other FF games and just watched Advent Children.

Its mostly people saying its cool because they heard someone say it was. Usually to try and make it seem they know shit.

Of the about 20 people I know IRL that say FF7 is TEH BESTEST EVAR!! 8 didn't know who Zack was, about 11 didn't know who Vincent was, and sadly MOST of them didn't even know who Genova was.

It is quite sad really.

---------- Post added 2012-08-18 at 08:56 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Blznsmri View Post
    Because you can 1-shot a boss with phoenix down...
    You can do that in practically every FF game, there is always at LEAST 1 boss you can do it too.

And the President zombie isn't even that much of a boss.

---------- Post added 2012-08-18 at 08:59 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Naidia View Post
    Well they are still making a new one I believe as well as an MMO that does catch my eye. But it's not that bad, it is the most loved one, I'll buy it for sure, and I do believe they're re-releasing Final Fantasy 10 as a launch title for the PS4 with updated graphics. They'd make money off of it. Square Enix isn't loosing it, they're still making other great games, I'll be a loyal customer to them for a very long time, if not as long as I live and their company lives.
    No they are not, They are re-releasing it for Ps3 and Vita with just a HD graphics Overhaul.
    Last edited by Super Kami Dende; 2012-08-18 at 08:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Asthreon View Post
    Of the about 20 people I know IRL that say FF7 is TEH BESTEST EVAR!! 8 didn't know who Zack was, about 11 didn't know who Vincent was, and sadly MOST of them didn't even know who Genova was.

It is quite sad really.
    I guess thats more a problem of peoples inability to read and understand storylines. Zacks role is not well presented in FF VII you just see flashes of Clouds memory with Cloud being in the centre. Vincent is optional and you miss huge parts of Zacks storyline if you dont get him. And the Story about Genova is sometimes quite
    confusing. I also just fully got it on my second playthrough.

So if you dont turn every stone and dont pay attention this is easily possible

Quote Originally Posted by Valarius View Post
    The Junction system was particularly good from FF8 and a lot more interesting than Materia ever was.
    Materia definately wasn't interesting (or at least not as interesting as systems from few other FFs) but how was Junction any better? Pump Rinoa full of Ultima, Aura, Lvl 5 Death and Meteor and you're good to go soloing everything with Angel Wings.

credits: Supernerd

Deleted
    Problem is that now, the last FF games had only 3 commands... Fight, Magic and Item, and mostly every char can use everything.

What happened to the Steal/Mug, Mimic, Rage, Lore, JUMP (my favorite), and others, which made every character special?

The only FF I didn't liked much was probably VIII, too much "Idon'tcare" Squall... and the Junction system was way too messy and weird.

FFX was OK, althou in the end what was important in the game for high end stuff was leveling Strength and luck + learning Quick Hit so you could steamroll the Dark Aeons and Penance.
    Despite its bad story and mediocre dialog, FFX-2 was also good in terms of leveling and the dress sphere system was interesting (Riku is best Berserker xD)

The Paradigms shifts in XIII and XIII-2 wasn't a bad idea, but... there was something missing in the game... like... selecting yourself the damn skills instead of just clicking autocombat!

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Thunder View Post
    Problem is that now, the last FF games had only 3 commands... Fight, Magic and Item, and mostly every char can use everything.

What happened to the Steal/Mug, Mimic, Rage, Lore, JUMP (my favorite), and others, which made every character special?

The only FF I didn't liked much was probably VIII, too much "Idon'tcare" Squall... and the Junction system was way too messy and weird.

FFX was OK, althou in the end what was important in the game for high end stuff was leveling Strength and luck + learning Quick Hit so you could steamroll the Dark Aeons and Penance.
    Despite its bad story and mediocre dialog, FFX-2 was also good in terms of leveling and the dress sphere system was interesting (Riku is best Berserker xD)

The Paradigms shifts in XIII and XIII-2 wasn't a bad idea, but... there was something missing in the game... like... selecting yourself the damn skills instead of just clicking autocombat!
    No one forced you to click auto combat. You had the option to pick them yourself.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Lillpapps View Post
    I have maxed FF7 with all materia, all weapons killed and unlocked Omnislash through the battle arena all in less than 30 hours. Final Fantasy 7 is one of the shortest games in the series. Speed clears are usually 8 hours long.
    I simply don't believe you. You cannot max Knights in the Round in 8 hours. It's just not possible. You cannot level to 99, max all the materia, plus the extra shit, in 8 hours. Link me some evidence. You need to prove this.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jokerfiend View Post
    I simply don't believe you. You cannot max Knights in the Round in 8 hours. It's just not possible. You cannot level to 99, max all the materia, plus the extra shit, in 8 hours. Link me some evidence. You need to prove this.

Learn to read. He said full clears in about 30 hours. Speed clears in about 8.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    By speed clears, he means completing the game in one go. My friends do it all the time, once a year in fact, and add various criteria each time, such as "Cannot use Summon Materia", or "Only one heal materia per party" or such. The game itself isn't long or hard, and an experienced player can do so quite quickly. The guys I know take about 10 hours tops without a single death (they make it so they have to restart if they die, hardcore version style but they are all insane FF7 addicts tbh).
    I think your getting confused between completing the game, and completing the game 100%.
    My original comment was a 100% clear. The nub sauce I quoted has reading comprehension problems. Yes, I know the game is easy without side questing. Yes, I know what HE was talking about. Which was why I was asking for some evidence.

Though, also think you have reading comprehension problems. As you'd see, if you read my original comment. You'd understand that. Thus, why are you even commenting?

Anything else to say?

---------- Post added 2012-08-18 at 09:26 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by slozon View Post
    Learn to read. He said full clears in about 30 hours. Speed clears in about 8.
    Again, another person with reading comprehension problems. What does my ORIGINAL COMMENT SAY? It talks about FULL CLEARS right? Then why is anyone commenting about speed runs to my full clears?

Y'all have problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Talorh View Post
    Last I heard it's coming to PS3 and Vita.

I liked FFXIII (FFXIII-2 was better though) so let me share. What I like about Final Fantasy mmm:

- The worlds, each FF had a different and distinct world.
    - Engaging story lines
    - Music
    - Some interestingly strange bosses (visually mostly) (final battle with Seymour, for example)
    - Always trying to break its own mould, in pretty much every game

Remaking of FFVII will probably never happen or even if it does it won't be for many many many many years, so re-releasing it a PC is actually a good move for those who don't have a PS1/PS3 and don't want to use emulators. No comment on that no redownload stuff, that's just stupid.
    This.
    FFXIII was probably my favorite STORYLINE of any game. Yes, after I was finished, I never wanted to go back because of its lack of exploration and slow pacing for battles. But I was SO engrossed in Lightning and the others. The whole game I itched to know what would happen next. And piecing together the plot lines was actually part of the enjoyment for me (a lot of people didn't like that there was "lack of clarity"). Besides that, I loved the battle system mechanics (though for XIII-3 it needs to be more challenging), the bosses (especially Barthandelus), and overall how the game looked and felt like an epic adventure that you were pulled through. That's the one reason I didn't mind the linearity. I think it was a nice thematic touch to have the story and environments reflect each other. On one hand, the l'Cie had no idea what was around the next corner in the environments. On the other, they had no idea what was in store for them (story-wise) and had to keep pushing on no matter what. I'm a real sucker for those kind of thematic addons, something I miss all too often in a lot of American games.