Poll: Have you played any of the Total War games?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

The Total-War series - how popular is it on MMOchamp?

Hi. I've played games for a long time, i have alot of friends who also have played games for a long time - all kinds of games, from FPS to platformers. But i think the most popular games have always been Strategygames among me and my friends, and their friends, and their...yeah. But i am the only person i know, except for 1 person who i "kind-of" know who have ever played a TotalWar game, ever. I've also noticed this on the vast plains that the internet is; It seems like they are widely appreciated as "good", and well recieved by critics, but not well-known, by any stretch of the imagination - especially here on MMOchamp.

So my question is: Have you played any of them?

Edit: Just saw the poll is abit messed up:
    The 5th and 6th option should be "Never heard of them until now, and after checking them up im interested/not interested."
    Last edited by mmocacb10c7b18; 2012-08-17 at 10:03 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Total War is the best thing ever. And that includes things that aren't videogames.

10+ Year Old Account
    I Freaken love the total war series! I have everyone one and NOW ROME 2 omg cant wait!!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    The game of my childhood (and also Rise of Nations ^^) i love them my best friend also loves them so yeah i love em

Intel i5 3570k, Gigabyte 7870 OC 2GB AMD RADEON, Kingston Hyperx T1 2x4GB 1600mhz,
    Seasonic 520w M12, Asrock Z77 Pro4, WD 500GB Blue

LOVE the series. have played every one and every xpac. my favorite's gotta be TW: Medieval2. the mods for that game are SO outstanding.

TW: Rome2 in 2013!!!!! can't wait.

The only Total War game I've played is Spartan or whatever it's called, and it's barely considered a total war game :d
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

I played a bit of Rome a few years ago, and enjoyed it a lot. Only thing that annoyed me was that the units were about as likely to follow my orders as the ones in Age of Empires 3(aka they attack whatever the hell they want). Looking forward to Rome 2.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Deleted
    I love total war since i played to the first Shogun !

Rome Total War, I love that game. Favorite RTS game in the battles, and the turn-based map is extremely engaging as well.

EDIT: RTW2? Damn, this may just convince me to get a PC...
    Last edited by Darnash; 2012-08-17 at 11:27 PM.

I used to think they were great. Don't regret time spent playing. Nowadays, though, I like Paradox's strategies more (less graphics/more depth).
    Rincewind: Ah! We may, in fact, have reached the root of the problem. However it's a silly problem and so I am suddenly going to stop talking to you.
    The better character questionnaire (D&D)

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally love it, it's a pretty good RTS. Quite a bit different as it also includes turn based tactics.

My favorite alltime gaming franchise, played it since the first Medieval. No other games comes close the the epicness that total war delivers. Also great modding support off the early titles, lets hope that rome 2 goes all out on the modding front this time.

Cant freaking wait for Rome 2.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercadi View Post
    I used to think they were great. Don't regret time spent playing. Nowadays, though, I like Paradox's strategies more (less graphics/more depth).
    Yup, screw Total War.
    Europa Universalis is all you need.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercadi View Post
    I used to play TW alot alongside Paradox games such as Svea Rike 3 and EU 1 & 2 but lately CA hasn't been able to capture me as they did before. Rome and Empire are my favorites of TW.
    Been playing excessive amounts of EU3 lately and can't wait for EU4

Deleted
    Currently the only good strategy game/games worth getting, aint many strat games worth buying nowadays. I own empire total war, napoleon total war, tw:shogun 2, rise of the samurai and fall of the samurai. Will buy rome 2 when it releases

One of the best rts series ever but unfortunately I don't like this kind of RTS.

I have played Shogun back in the day. It was an ok game. Tried Shogun 2 not long ago. Nothing changed, now that's sad. Zoomed out you're still just herding ants lol.

Deleted
    Played all of them, I adore the series. Least favourite was probably Empire Total War though, the AI was an absolute nightmare.

Deleted
    Played the empire one recently, will probably play more in the series later on.

Deleted
    It really feels like CA/SEGA are really bad at marketing TW - that might be why not so many people know of them. But then again, out of gamers PC-gamers are a minority, out of which RTS-gamers are a minority, out of which TW-gamers are a minority Or just the fact that it's impossible to "jump into" a TW game, id say it takes 3 hours minimum to really get a feel for it and before you get into them they're kinda boring which causes alot of players to give up.

Also i just can't wait for Rome2, never been so excited about a game EVER. It's kinda cruel of them to announce it goddamn EIGHTEEN months before it's planned to release :P
    Last edited by mmocacb10c7b18; 2012-08-18 at 10:31 PM.