Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I installed the game and I update it.

Not really sure what other prep is necessary.

My drivers are all up to date. /shrug

Quote Originally Posted by IMonstrousI View Post
    You reminded me . Thanks . other than installing that I just bought a 24 pack of Coke so i can play for 2 days straight with little sleep.
    Where do i download this "FPS Boooster" ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Serenia View Post
    All these "preparations" before a launch of a game sound so immature in my opinion. I can't imagine myself sitting all day in front of my pc playing a new game like that and having food next to me eating like a glutton and making a mess on my keyboard. It's totally disgusting even thinking about it or the redbulls, I feel sorry for anyone drinking that. You should get some sleep the night or w/e it launces and play when you wake up after a nice sleep. Playing half-asleep is really bad for your health. I won't convince any of you about all this but I just wanted to state my opinion. As for me, I'm not planning to buy this game since 53 euros are kinda a lot for a university student that only focuses on her studies so I will choose MoP like the rest of my friends. Of course that doesn't mean GW 2 is a bad game, from what I've seen it's amazing but I have fun where my friends are, not where the content is the best. Just play the game when you have free time, the more you play it the more likely you may get burned out on it. Have fun all and take care of your health. Health > gaming.
    Alright mum.

Deleted
    I quit my job and bought fast food and energy drink for my whole salary.

Deleted
    All these "preparations" before a launch of a game sound so immature in my opinion. I can't imagine myself sitting all day in front of my pc playing a new game like that and having food next to me eating like a glutton and making a mess on my keyboard.
    Because all gamers are massive slobs. I for one can't even press most of my keys for the amount of broken crisps and sticky drink under them

It's totally disgusting even thinking about it or the redbulls, I feel sorry for anyone drinking that. You should get some sleep the night or w/e it launces and play when you wake up after a nice sleep. Playing half-asleep is really bad for your health.
    I will wake up after a nice sleep. At 4am, when the servers go up.

I won't convince any of you about all this but I just wanted to state my opinion. As for me, I'm not planning to buy this game since 53 euros are kinda a lot for a university student that only focuses on her studies so I will choose MoP like the rest of my friends.
    Yes, 53 euros is a considerable amount. Whereas if you're on a typical three year course, your sub fee alone will be 468 euros for that entire time, and that's not including any expansions, server/faction transfers, name changes, or Blizzard shop stuff you buy.

All these "preparations" before a launch of a game sound so immature in my opinion. I can't imagine myself sitting all day in front of my pc playing a new game like that and having food next to me eating like a glutton and making a mess on my keyboard. It's totally disgusting even thinking about it or the redbulls, I feel sorry for anyone drinking that. You should get some sleep the night or w/e it launces and play when you wake up after a nice sleep. Playing half-asleep is really bad for your health. I won't convince any of you about all this but I just wanted to state my opinion. As for me, I'm not planning to buy this game since 53 euros are kinda a lot for a university student that only focuses on her studies so I will choose MoP like the rest of my friends. Of course that doesn't mean GW 2 is a bad game, from what I've seen it's amazing but I have fun where my friends are, not where the content is the best. Just play the game when you have free time, the more you play it the more likely you may get burned out on it. Have fun all and take care of your health. Health > gaming.
    Hmm! For a moment there, I thought my mom had made an MMO-Champion account and decided to post in this thread!

If you don't like it, that's fine, but why then bother posting in a thread dedicated to preparing for GW2 release? You'd think a student would be a little bit more... thoughtful. It's not like one or two days of living like a "glutton" will destroy your health for all eternity.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackdecker View Post
    Where do i download this "FPS Boooster" ?
    I don't think there is one and I can imagine the only thing it can do is shut down minor processess in task manager that you can already do it your self and give High priority in task manager..

Just press: windows button+R , type inside "msconfig" without quotes. Got to the tab "Startup" and unload any programm except your anti-virus probably or anything else you think it is essential running at start. most programms once you install them always run on startup with no reason..just to load a little bit more quick when you need them...

After that when you run GW2 (the game not the launcher), hit ctrl+alt+delete to open task manager. In the processess search for gw2, right click and give it a High priority (don't go above high though).
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by papajohn4 View Post
    I don't think there is one and I can imagine the only thing it can do is shut down minor processess in task manager that you can already do it your self and give High priority in task manager..

Just press: windows button+R , type inside "msconfig" without quotes. Got to the tab "Startup" and unload any programm except your anti-virus probably or anything else you think it is essential running at start. most programms once you install them always run on startup with no reason..just to load a little bit more quick when you need them...

After that when you run GW2 (the game not the launcher), hit ctrl+alt+delete to open task manager. In the processess search for gw2, right click and give it a High priority (don't go above high though).
    That is a nifty little trick! Thx, papajohn.
    Valar morghulis

I'm going to stack;

- Bottles of Coca Cola Vanilla
    - Cans on Mountain Dew
    - Stack of Beer
    - Dozen bags of chips and salts
    - Might buy a new surround sound set for ultimate destruction.

This is going to be epic (picture soon)

And no, I'm not fat. I'm about 60kg.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodhunter View Post
    I'm going to stack;

- Cans on Mountain Dew
    - Stack of Beer

You could be incredibly short for all we know and then 60 kg might be huge!

Anyway not doing anything special myself, still have 1 week off after launch so plenty of time to enjoy myself. However I will stick to my usual schedule of working out etc.

Sleep very early on Friday so i can wake up 5 am and hope that the servers go up 3 hours before schedule. If they wont i will just sit around and play Civ 5 or something while trying to log in here and there.

Gots tons of various drinks in my fridge as i work at a place where i can take as many drinks i want for free so thats not a problem for me. Got lots of snacks as well after coming back from vacation, visitin Scandinavian Park on the way (super cheap everything compared to our mall), but not planning on eating any of them as im trying to get fit. Will clean my room, my set up and about everything on Friday because i know i wont be going out of my room for 2 days.

Coming to this thread and saying how preparing for a game is dumb, is the same as a wow fan coming here and saying it will fail within a month. Look some of us have only got this weekend to have a good play through of this game and then its back to work as normal, so we have decided to play the shit out of this game and thus we will prepare accordingly, just because its something you dont do, does not mean its not a valid way of doing things. On a side note, i just hope i get internet in my flat on time lol, never leave something important to anyone but yourself even if that means you have to sort everything out, it`ll be worth it because you can make sure it wont be fucked up (damn room mates had one thing to do with the new flat lol)

I got my new video card installed. I have all my drivers up to date

Snacks check
    drinks check

I'm rdy

I got 2 cases of nuka cola. Im gona go ahead and do groceries thursday, need to get some energy drinks aswell as food and such aswell as other various soda's and drinks like ice tea and juice. Really just a matter of having everything i'd need or want in the house.

Quote Originally Posted by Retro89 View Post
    And your on the GW2 forums because?
    Gotta do something while you spend 20min waiting for a tank
    Last edited by terrahero; 2012-08-21 at 05:58 PM.

For the past month I've been convincing people to play. I think I got like 10 to join the dark side. That was my preparation.

As for physical preparation...nothing. Mentally...uhhh....just keep telling myself to take it slow and enjoy it, don't exhaust content, don't make it feel like a grind, mix it up, have fun. If I find myself at 80 with all the best exotic gear farming legendaries in under a month, I did something very wrong and will not like that. Also it's cool to be casual, no need to distinguish myself as anything else. Instead of sleeping after work (because I'm a loser with no friends), I'll play GW2!

Deleted
    I'll be preparing on Sep 4th, as I have to hand in a uni project on that date, afterwards, I shall,

-stock up on as much popcorn, tune fish/sweetcorn or egg sandwiches as possible
    -order a pizza to celebrate handing in, watch something
    -clean up, defrag and optimize my electronic dothingys
    -clean screen/keyboard
    -sleep, and wake up early Sep 5th and play the game!!

Perhaps I should do some finger muscle exercises, strength and reflex training as well..

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodhunter View Post
    I'm going to stack;

- Cans on Mountain Dew
    - Stack of Beer

Oh my God do they still have coca cola vanilla??? I was 12-13 when I tried it for the first time in holland haha I freaking love it..too bad I haven't seen it in the UK

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Scyth View Post
    Oh my God do they still have coca cola vanilla??? I was 12-13 when I tried it for the first time in holland haha I freaking love it..too bad I haven't seen it in the UK
    You can get it in the UK if you're willing to pay.... I get mountain dew for my OH from www.americansoda.co.uk, they stock loads of USA drinks and foods, I've seen coke vanilla on there

I just buy it in the super markets here, VERY limited supermarkets have it

Finishing up some stuff on GW for the HoM. I got real lazy for a while and now I'm rushing to get some points in.
    Last edited by StationaryHawk; 2012-08-21 at 06:22 PM.