Deleted

Monitors in the £100-130 range.

Hullo! \o

I'm looking at purchasing a 24" monitor in the £100-130 range. I'm looking purely for a good quality picture with a DVI connection and a good stand. Low response time would be nice but not super important. I am not interested in integrated speakers, HDMI, VGA or DisplayPort (not to say I won't buy it if it has any of those things, it's just I'll only be using the DVI.) I can stretch my budget a little bit if there's something super great for just a little bit extra.

I've looked around what is available in this price range and I've found three that I like the look of. However, I cannot find any reviews on any of the monitors bar a few comments people have left on Amazon/other retailers.

The three that I'm looking at are:
    Samsung S24b300hl
    BenQ V2420
    LG E2442T-BN

At the moment I'm leaning towards the last monitor (LG E2442T-BN.)

Any comments regarding the monitors would be really appreciated, as would any suggestions for what is good in this price range, the advantages/disadvantages of certain technologies/specs and so on. If you have anything to say about your experiences with monitors from that particular company also feel free to chip in (regarding warranty, dead pixel policies, general build quality, etc.)

I'll be using the monitor for work (programming,) and gaming (pretty much anything - FPS, RTS, MMOs, etc.)

Thanks!

Deleted
    Look, all 3 monitors, you posted are great, obviously you posted them, because they are in your price range, and as far as I can see, you know what you want. Of course you can get better monitors, but they will cost you more, simple math. It comes down to really how much are you prepared to spend for new monitor, and of course what is it that you are looking for ( HDMI port, resolution, contrast ratio, brand, design, screen size... ) ...
    I'll give you links to some great sites, that post reviews of all sorts of electronics, that I find quite helpful, and it may help you decide as well. I really hope I helped you with this.
    Here are the links:
    http://reviews.cnet.com/monitors/
    http://pickbestbuy.com/?s=monitor&x=0&y=0
    Last edited by mmoc26de006b0b; 2012-08-24 at 05:37 PM.