Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

If you had the opportunity to do Vanilla again, which bugs would you exploit?

Hey I'm just interested since I never played in Vanilla but seen many fun videos from back then, what are some of the bugs that were fixed in TBC and were there any real exploits from back then?

Deleted
    Reck bomb
    Kiting Doomlord Kazzak to SW
    Kiting the unkillable mobs from blasterd lands to SW
    Spread the plague from ZG
    Kite "the cleaner" to a city.
    Last edited by mmocd8f86ed6f0; 2013-01-19 at 07:11 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Blood Aids in other words Hakkar's Blood plague

10+ Year Old Account
    I would have so much fun bringing hakkars debuff from old ZG back to org and killing the whole city.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoN4nCaULGo

^video for reference.

----------------------------------------
    you are now consciously breathing
    ----------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Siggma View Post
    Reck bomb
    Kiting Doomlord Kazzak to SW
    And also kiting the Satyr from the opening of the AQ gates in duskwood into Stormwind. Not quite as destructive as Kazzak AOEing everyone with shadowbolts, but its pretty funny seeing the Satyr mind control people.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The blood plague.

I'd also resume exploiting the bug to get under SW and troll.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

what was the one where you got some debuff then ported to Stormwind and killed everyone around you. Also I remember one where if you summoned a certain shaman totem and immediately logged out it would explode and kill pretty much anyone under level 10.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    what was the one where you got some debuff then ported to Stormwind and blew up killing everyone around you. Also I remember one where if you summoned a certain shaman totem and immediately logged out it would explode and kill pretty much anyone under level 10.
    Baron Geddon's Molten bomb or whatever haha

Deleted
    makes me want to find a vanilla private server and go do these tricks for shits n giggles.

It's not necessarily a bug, but I would love to see how good ol' Frost Shock worked back in the day, i.e. when I'm not on the receiving end.

I still think the best bug in any MMO ever was one that happened in Everquest. I think it was before their first expansion or shortly after it. It allowed Mages to summon unlimited pets. Someone made a video if it and they were soloing stuff with like 40 pets up. Could you imagine going into a BG and seeing a premade 5 man lock team each with 50 pets up That would just be epic.

I wouldn't exploit any bugs because I wouldn't play Vanilla again. It suuuuuucked.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Deleted
    wall climbing out of warsong gulch witht he flag. I did a LOT of this back then =]

Could you imagine going into a BG and seeing a premade 5 man lock team each with 50 pets up That would just be epic.
    It would be less epic when your framerate drops to 2-3. 250 pets, plus the five warlocks, plus whatever else happens to be on screen.

It'd be more annoying than anything.

/cynicism

not vanilla but early BC, spamming commanding shout to restore hp, with second wind, can probably solo Heroic lich king.

Question whatever you take for granted.

Quote Originally Posted by Siggma View Post
    Reck bomb
    You stole mine.

Wall walking in general then I guess.

what was the one where you got some debuff then ported to Stormwind and killed everyone around you.
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=18173/burning-adrenaline

Quote Originally Posted by Rheckameohs View Post
    It would be less epic when your framerate drops to 2-3. 250 pets, plus the five warlocks, plus whatever else happens to be on screen.

It'd be more annoying than anything.

/cynicism
    I run at 100+ FPS with max settings. Im sure if I turned everything down to nothing I could easily handle 250 pets on screen. Hell 8-10 years ago when people were playing Dark Age of Camelot we had massive PvP battles with sometimes close to 750+ showing up. If the crappy PCs back then could handle it then today's definitely can since everyone today is running at least OCed 2500ks with 560s or better. Im sure PCs could easily process that much stuff at once.

15+ Year Old Account
    Wall climbing... it was such a sad day when they fixed it with patch 1.9. I used to climb and explore loads of places. The world was a lot more fun to explore before flying mounts ^^

Geddon bomb on a pet. Nuke the AH
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8