15+ Year Old Account

[Anime] Looking for Sci-fi/fantasy Anime

So my household is very much into the magic powers/superhero/evolving monsters/fantasy type anime (sailor moon, cardcaptors, pokemon, digimon types) and I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions for me for a new series to watch? (can also be non-kid friendly... we adults like to watch too)

already have a vast collection on movies (Miazaki mostly) but suggestions for those are welcome too

must be subbed or dubbed as we only speak english/french.

Rhiver 85 Holy Paladin
    siggy by rivellana

Ergo Proxy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Noein was a really good sci fi/fantasy type anime. Eureka Seven was and is still my favorite show but it is a bit more of a mecha/romance/fantasy then sci fi per say.
    Last edited by Uko; 2012-08-22 at 05:35 PM.

I'd recommend Steins;Gate to anyone interested in the Sci-fi genre, it is just that good. It should be watchable by just about anyone who can read english (i cant remember any scenes children should not watch & dubbed shows belong nowhere imo).

Kateikyoushi Hitman Reborn for the 'superhero / powers / fantasy / futuristic' genre, also pretty good (but it has like 250 episodes). (everyone)

Mouretsu pirates (one of the newer ones), is about a girl who becomes a space pirate captain and does lots of things (watchable by everyone)

I'm not big into anime, but one notable exception is: FLCL. It's not terribly sci-fi/fantasy ish, but robots do grow out of peoples heads, so it counts!

It's the only anime that i've ever LOVED and it's one of the few i even like.

Steins;Gate
    Mnemosyne
    Serial Experiments Lain
    Chaos;Head
    Bakemonogatari/Nisemonogatari

10+ Year Old Account
    Last Exile. Very Steampunky, bits of both Sci Fi and Fantasy, overall an amazing series, great story, cool characters beautiful animation.

I also vote for Steins;gate
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30