Page 1 of 9
... LastLast
    High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

[MoP] Stat Priority For Rets?

I haven't been keeping up to date with Beta recently does anyone have this info? I've heard a couple of people say we're going to favor haste over crit? and is hit and expertise the same?

For Mists of Pandaria, stat priority is projected to remain as-is on live (mastery->crit->>haste) due to having a lack of empty globals once we have the L90 talent. Both Exemplar of the Elitsts Jerks website and Balhale who oversees the Retribution module of SimCraft seem to agree on that much, though they're still quibbling over rotation and talents.

For pre-MoP (next week's patch, in other words), we're looking at going haste->mastery->crit. Also, hit and expertise caps are coming down to around 760~770 rating each, I think, according to a post on EJ.
    I am Grôgnárd, the one and only!
    The Light and How to Swing It

SWTOR Referral Link - get free stuff!

Hit (769) = Exp (769/666 with racial) > Haste > Mastery > Crit

Haste is leaps and bounds above what it is currently on Live. Mastery is still decent, and Crit's just at the bottom of the barrel now.

Actually crit is quite decent as well. I need to run stat weight sims again at 90 post latest bugfixes. Going to wait until I hear back from Exemplar re: the discrepancies between our tools.

But Grognard has it right.
    Last edited by Sturmcantor; 2012-08-24 at 05:31 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Remember to disregard your relic if you're planning this ahead of time.

I also switched to Fierce Lava Coral in the tier legs, as well as the 50 Haste enchant on my boots.

Quote Originally Posted by Balhale View Post
    But Grognard has it right.
    Just to clarify because Grognard gives two separate answers.

On Tuesday with Patch 5.0.4 Ret will be reforging to Haste>Mastery>Crit?

But, once MoP is released and we hit 90 the stat priority will change to Mastery>Crit>Haste?

What is causing the stat weights to do a 180 @ lvl90?
    Raid Leading - it's the next best thing to playing every class and spec, you just can't push the buttons or move the mouse. That's why they die.

Quote Originally Posted by Ticktac View Post
    Just to clarify because Grognard gives two separate answers.

On Tuesday with Patch 5.0.4 Ret will be reforging to Haste>Mastery>Crit?

But, once MoP is released and we hit 90 the stat priority will change to Mastery>Crit>Haste?

What is causing the stat weights to do a 180 @ lvl90?
    If I'm understanding everything correctly, I think it is as simple as Grognard said in his post. Haste becomes less valuable with less open GCD's. The level 90 talents consume open GCD spots.

It's still pretty early, and not everything has been modeled yet, but haste is definitely our best secondary stat now. However, there is an (as yet) uncalculated plateau where any more haste becomes useless due to being GCD-locked. Having a lower cooldown on HP-producing abilities means nothing if we just can't fit any more into the rotation. This isn't a problem at 85 because we don't have the lvl 90 talent yet, freeing up a few GCDs.

So, our priority will likely be (at both 85 and 90): Hit & Exp (to cap) > Haste (to plateau) > Mastery > Crit > Haste (above plateau).
    Last edited by Zephur; 2012-08-24 at 03:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grognard View Post
    For Mists of Pandaria, stat priority is projected to remain as-is on live (mastery->crit->>haste) due to having a lack of empty globals once we have the L90 talent.
    I figured this would happen if finishers weren't affected by Sanctity of Battle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Why the hell would haste make us gcd-locked?

In fact in MoP haste will increase our empty GCDs. Not trolling.

in MoP
    Cs has 3 gcd cooldown
    judge has 4 gcd cooldown
    how has 4 gcd cooldown
    exo has 10 gcd cooldown

sob reduces our gcd thus ability cooldowns too. Imagine you have 100% haste for argument sake. Your rotation would be like watching the normal rotation on x2 speed (except for a few things more on that later).

You would have use the exact same amount of finishers by the time you hit your 100th cs regardless of your haste. Only with 100% haste you would reach your 100th cs in half the time. You would have the same amount of empty GCDs by the time you hit your 100th CS.

Assume there are 2 paladins one with 0 haste,slowadin, and one with 100% fastadin. In a 300 sec boss fight slowadin has 200 gcd while fastadin has 400 gcd.

Lets say slowadin spends 185 gcd on cs,judge,how,exo,tv.
    In that case fastadin will spend 370 gcd on those abilties.

Slowadin uses 10 inq and 5 ES in 5min and so does the fastadin.

Slowadin spent all his GCDs while fastadin still has 15 left!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ipoststuff View Post
    Why the hell would haste make us gcd-locked?

In fact in MoP haste will increase our empty GCDs. Not trolling.

in MoP
    Cs has 3 gcd cooldown
    judge has 4 gcd cooldown
    how has 4 gcd cooldown
    exo has 10 gcd cooldown

sob reduces our gcd thus ability cooldowns too. Imagine you have 100% haste for argument sake. Your rotation would be like watching the normal rotation on x2 speed (except for a few things more on that later).

You would have use the exact same amount of finishers by the time you hit your 100th cs regardless of your haste. Only with 100% haste you would reach your 100th cs in half the time. You would have the same amount of empty GCDs by the time you hit your 100th CS.

Assume there are 2 paladins one with 0 haste,slowadin, and one with 100% fastadin. In a 300 sec boss fight slowadin has 200 gcd while fastadin has 400 gcd.

Lets say slowadin spends 185 gcd on cs,judge,how,exo,tv.
    In that case fastadin will spend 370 gcd on those abilties.

Slowadin uses 10 inq and 5 ES in 5min and so does the fastadin.

Slowadin spent all his GCDs while fastadin still has 15 left!!!
    Templar's Verdict and Divine Storm do not have their GCDs lowered by haste, hence, their execute time is longer and delays the next ability more than non-finishers would.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know its not in the tooltip but sob does reduce TV gcd.

If it does in the current build, that's a bug and will likely be fixed. If it's not, and the tooltip needs an update, that's another can of worms.

This is the first I've heard of this though.

Any proof or video of this? first time I heard this.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

10+ Year Old Account
    You can test if you like. Put on your max haste gear ask someone for heroism/timewarp whichshould get your gcd to something close to 1sec smack dummy. Its not hard to tell the difference between 1sec and 1.5sec gcd.

You can test if you like. Put on your max haste gear ask someone for heroism/timewarp whichshould get your gcd to something close to 1sec smack dummy. Its not hard to tell the difference between 1sec and 1.5sec gcd.
    Troll? Like the 10% melee haste buff, lust shouldn't affect SoB either. Would make haste super OP anyway, even better than strength.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephur View Post
    Troll? Like the 10% melee haste buff, lust shouldn't affect SoB either. Would make haste super OP anyway, even better than strength.
    Lust/heroism is real haste, it works and has always worked with SoB. How does this make haste OP, do you plan on stacking heroism on your gear? That doesn't even make any sense. It actually makes haste less useful since you end up having too much haste during heroism.

Also people have been reporting that TV's GCD is reduced by SoB for weeks now, I'm surprised no one has heard of it before. It's not in the tooldtip because SoB also reduces cooldown, not just global cooldown, but since TV has no cooldown they would have to add another few words to the tooltip to clarify that part; and, as Blue posters have said on several occasions they are sick of tooltips being as long as novels, so they exclude certain details.
    Last edited by Tangra; 2012-08-24 at 08:16 PM.

If haste is reducing the GCD of all HP builders and TV, then haste becomes stupidly OP; yes even better than str. And I misspoke in my previous comment....I meant that lust should not affect the GCD of TV. I'm fairly certain it should affect SoB.

Anyway....I'm logging in now to check. Will report back soon.

I just tested with and without heroism.. and it seems to me that TV/DS are affected by Sanctity of Battle. You can try it yourself if you don't believe me.

If haste is affecting the GCD of finishers, it will need to be reevaluated - though I don't know if it will jump to the fore since reports are that we're already looking at being GCD capped with a minimum of haste at 90.
    I am Grôgnárd, the one and only!
    The Light and How to Swing It

SWTOR Referral Link - get free stuff!