Thread: Mother fucker?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Do you know why they call him motherfucker jones?

Seriously though the girl is just taking it too literal. When I think of it literally I think more of a guy with a milf fetish than incest. And it is not the most offensive curse word, I'm sure she would have taken more offense to the word cunt.

10+ Year Old Account
    typical girl, want's attention... as if she'd never heard the term before...

Ever stepped back and thought about the term 'son of a bitch'? just someone calling you a dog...

I'm so glad there is a warning sign expressing that my guild uses every offensive word in the book to keep light hearted people out of it.

But I guess if your offended, your offend. A smart comedian said "Nothing happens when your offended, It is ok to be offended"

This post is a tad offensive don't you think probly should change the title mods

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by orissa View Post
    Eh, its just a stronger variation of "fuck" for me.

Fuck literally means rape, but I rarely use it with that definition. Same with motherfucker.
    I thought it meant sex. Though "rape you" certainly makes more sense than "sex you"

Also overly sensitive. I mean i CAN think of it that way but yeah. Also reminds me of when i told a TA back when i was in school to "bite me" and she went nuts and i got sent home not knowing what i did. Seems she thoughti was telling her to blow me LOL.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well when you think about it, WHY is that word used when people are angry? Why do we use it to be "impactful"? Because we use words we intend to be offensive, at least in the back of our minds. That's why it's used when people are angry or want to make an impact - because it shows you are affected enough to want to respond with offense. If you think about why these words are supposedly offensive, it's because of what they mean - "mother fucker" meant as an incestuous insult, or "asshole" to compare someone to a dirty body part.

Of course, we should keep in mind WHY people want to make an impact or what their meaning is. I don't personally get offended by most swear words unless the person saying them is actually intending to use them to hurt me. Then I might be a little disappointed. I agree that the word does imply what this girl says, however, I don't see much reason for her get offended over it. It's an insult meant to rile up peoples' feelings, and not really intended to be truth. If you just see it for what it is, and recognize that the person isn't saying it in a purposefully harmful tone, things should be fine.

The only word i've ever been in trouble with a girl for using is the C one. I honestly didn't understand why they found it to be so offensive, however it is a word i try to avoid using anyway and reserve for people who really grind my gears. As such people know i'm mad if it comes from my lips >.>

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida

Fuck literally means rape, but I rarely use it with that definition. Same with motherfucker.
    I was sure it meant Fornication Under Consent of the King. I guess I bought a tall tale >.<
    Last edited by Vizardlorde; 2012-08-24 at 04:23 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vizardlorde View Post
    I was sure it meant Fornication Under Consent of the King guess i bought a tall tale
    That's been a persistent myth, yes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fuck#False_etymologies

Kinda scares me that I know so much about that word . . .
    Last edited by Adam Jensen; 2012-08-24 at 04:23 AM.
    Putin khuliyo

Fuck literally means rape
    Yeah... no. No it doesn't. Nor has it ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

mother could be anyones mother, not just your own

Last edited by Ciddy; 2012-08-24 at 05:20 AM.

I am surprised no one came to the conclusion that just maybe "Motherfucker" means someone who has sex with everyone's mothers?

I'm just sayin'.

Thanks to Elyaan for the great sig!

This thread is offensive to Samuel L. Jackson.

I hate when guys use cocksucker as an insult. They love it when a girl is a cocksucker....don't they want to get laid? Or like "that guy is such a pussy". Well why is it bad to be a pussy when you yourself love the thing you're using as an insult.

Deleted
    If my mothers boyfriend bangs my mother, that dosen`t makes him a bad person...

Quote Originally Posted by Purpledrink503 View Post
    Okay so I'm having this discussion in mumble today and a girl in mumble says Mother fucker is the most offensive curse word and she gets mad at when people use it. I ask her why and she says because it implies incest. For some reason this never crossed my mind when someone has called me this or I've called something else this.

When you use this word or if it's been used about you is this was crosses your mind? Do you think someone is saying you have sex with you own mom? Or you're implying someone else does?

I'm 31 and grew up in a pretty rough part of town and well by no means was sheltered or have any real excuse on why this never crossed my mind that way.

So I guess my question is did anyone else not think of this as an incest insult?
    haha, same here.

3 words......Samuel L Jackson, lol

This thread topic was very misleading.

I'm disappointed.

Popping in here before it gets locked from the title. (Though hopefully the title just gets changed to "M.F.er if it has to)

In my experience, the "C word" is always met much more harshly than that.

You want to really get things worked up? Call someone a "Mother -C word- -F'er-".

I dont view it as meaning any particular person in your own family or anyone elses. It just a word. If you want to get technical and want to say its refering to a actual "mother" then hell nailing your wife would qualify you as a mother fucker if you had kids... So hows that incest lol.