Page 1 of 75
... LastLast
    Deleted

Do you think blizzard will react to the massive wish for a return to tbc style?

I read many good and contructive post lately on both mmo-champion and official wow forums. There seems to a huge wish for blizzard to change the direction wow has gone trough with Wotlk and Cataclysm.

Personally i really hope blizzard are going to listen to the commnity for once and bring back wow to glory. I think many players would come back if player progression was brought back to live.

Do blizzard know what the majority of raiders want or don't the care at all?

Bring back effort = reward

Deleted
    Massive?

Ah yeah sometimes there is this vocal minority whining about it ..

No, blizzard is happy with the mayority of the happy customers.

what is this massive wish are you talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by Justforthis123 View Post
    Massive?

Ah yeah sometimes there is this vocal minority whining about it ..

No, blizzard is happy with the mayority of the happy customers.
    this has to be qouted just to be seen more.

There is a huge difference between vocal minority and silent majority.
    "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsSC2vx7zFQ

Deleted
    What people need to understand that gaming has changed a lot during the past few years. There's no place for time consuming 'progression' (which pretty much meant being stuck in a tier for the most of the expansion) demanded by a vocal minority. Times have changed, people grewn up and the game with it. I mean, why would anyone want to spend so much time they probably did back in the Crusade?

10+ Year Old Account
    Massive? I don't think so. I know at least all my friends and guildies apart from 1 sour puss are perfectly happy with how WoW works now.

And what is this effort you speak of? define it for me please, cause sitting behind my computer playing the game does not change from person to person, so what constitues this "effort"?

I think they should at least acknowledge how many players have considered BC to be the high point of the game.
    Ashin, Stormreaver
    South of Heaven

Quote Originally Posted by Kreeb View Post
    I read many good and contructive post lately on both mmo-champion and official wow forums. There seems to a huge wish for blizzard to change the direction wow has gone trough with Wotlk and Cataclysm.

Personally i really hope blizzard are going to listen to the commnity for once and bring back wow to glory. I think many players would come back if player progression was brought back to live.

Blizzard knows, but it seems the minority thinks they are all that count. Blizzard would lose more than gain if they brought back the old ways of TBC. There is no massive wish for it. You don't care about anyone other than you.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Justforthis123 View Post
    Massive?

Ah yeah sometimes there is a large amount of true players talking about it ..

No, blizzard is happy with the mayority of braindead paying customers.

There, fixed it for ya.

Infracted. Don't change quotes to be insulting, please
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2012-08-07 at 06:32 PM.

They brought it back for early cata (CC needed in Heroics, no epics unless crafted or you raided) and they lost subs.

At all the above replies...are you guys living in a cave? The game is not doing well, it has lost 3 million players in the last year and a half. The current model of CasualCraft is very clearly resulting in major attrition. Defending the current model and saying there is no place for 'progression' in this modern day defies the obvious facts in front of us.

*~To change one's life: Start immediately. Do it flamboyantly.~*

Quote Originally Posted by Kreeb View Post

Look if everyone was ambitious and seeking a journey to do the content then they would. Also a lot of kids and adults today have ADD/ADHD so do you think it would be fair of blizzard to make the content accessible only through challenge and improving your char?Nope that system doesn't fly well here, if you want to be stimulated mentally then Eve Online and Rift endgame might be what you and those players are looking for.

How many brain surgeons and rocket scientists are there in the world? How many people are capable of sweeping streets? If you can awswer those 2 questions you will understand why wow caters to people who can't be rocket scientists.
    Last edited by ShadowCrafter; 2012-08-07 at 04:21 PM.

At the start of Cata heroics were hard enough that alot of players could not complete them in the gear they had. The wail of a thousand banshee's was heard across the WoW forums and nerfs were promptly brought in. The majority of the players want content that they can complete in a timely manor and that rewards them handsomely for their effort. The hardcore players that want rigid progression are the minority.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasami View Post
    What people need to understand that gaming has changed a lot during the past few years. There's no place for time consuming 'progression' (which pretty much meant being stuck in a tier for the most of the expansion) demanded by a vocal minority. Times have changed, people grewn up and the game with it. I mean, why would anyone want to spend so much time they probably did back in the Crusade?
    I know I wouldn't raid half as much as I used to, but there's a whole new generation of people with loads of free time coming through, and it's a shame they don't have such a fun way to waste it as TBC was.

I loved TBC but the progression model was flawed too. Initially all the 25mans were almost impossible, then later on once people moved into T6 content, T5 just became dead because there wasn't another batch of guilds coming through.

It's a shame they went from one extreme to the other with progression, because I'd like to see something in-between TBC and WOTLK/Cata systems, which matches the mid-TBC encounter difficulty with the easy catchup mechanics of WOTLK/Cata progression.

The vocal minority isn't massive.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Deleted
    i think blizz should rather make something surperior to tbc, than going back to it. so far it hasnt worked out yet.

Quote Originally Posted by muchtoohigh View Post
    At all the above replies...are you guys living in a cave? The game is not doing well, it has lost 3 million players in the last year and a half. The current model of CasualCraft is very clearly resulting in major attrition. Defending the current model and saying there is no place for 'progression' in this modern day defies the obvious facts in front of us.
    Are you stupid? Not doing well?
    Wow is doing fucking great, losing subs or not, 9.1 MILLION players is fucking huge. No other sub based game can even come near this.

Wow was just as much casual in WoTLK when it peaked 12 million. Then, when they brought back the "glory days" with all their glory indeed, the casuals didnt like it and left.
    "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsSC2vx7zFQ

Quote Originally Posted by muchtoohigh View Post
    You mean the obvious facts that 2/3 of the losses are because of Blizz trying to go back to BC style?
    Yes, the way forward is quite clear. BC is definitely the wrong way to go.

There are a scant few people who want to go back to past versions of WoW because they forgot why they were happy to leave them behind, but a huge wish? No, not at all.

Most of the hardcore raiders has left along with people interestend in fun, engaging, demanding and balanced gameplay be it in PvE or PvP. The majority of WoW players are loud, stupid, unskilled and proud. Activision will not go against its valuable customers willing to digest each crap they get served, so... nope.
    My wife came to me and asked: "What have you done to the poor cat? She is half dead..."

10+ Year Old Account
    The game is evolving. Don't expect a return to its infancy...