Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Started as soon as servers came up just after 5 this morning, got to level 9 then had to stop to go gym and football this afternoon. Loved the game so far, really fun and fresh. Can't wait to get into some pvp once I have gained all my skills, just a shame the server is dead at the moment, hopefully sorted fast or some gems to compensate. On the plus side, head start should see anyone comming in for 1 day or release day have a very smooth time as we get all the errors.

Dissapointed servers are broke atm, but fortunatly plenty of ither stuff to do irl atm, the game itself seems great.

Quote Originally Posted by akamurdoch View Post
    because they formed an opinion ? some people are more easily swayed one way or another, how does it make them stupid?
    Judging a movie by the opening credits ... well, maybe not stupid but some other words come to mind

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    I watching streams and the thing looks even more anime/L2—TERA lookalike than before. So much talk about 'western' designers, for nothing.
    I don't get these comments, I watch a fuck ton of anime, and I don't see it at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    we'll see how smooth of a launch the game has when it -actually- launches on the 28th

Well first I had issues getting in the game this morning.
    Then I got in and I loved every bit of it. i then logged out to grab some food and now I regret that because the game won't let me back in.
    It's the internet. You never know if people are either sarcastic or just bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Played absolutely fine for 7 hours. Got the "Incorrect password" error and now cannot log in.

All in all, it's been very smooth, haven't had a problem until now, and even then it's much better than other MMO launches I've experienced.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

Quote Originally Posted by Jimusmc View Post
    smoothest launch of the modern era in terms of a BIG mmo
    SWTOR's launch was smoother than this, as they didn't have any login issues, just that the servers were full and required a queue for you to play. The hardware, though, worked just fine.

That said, I got in immediately at 12PM eastern and got my names reserved. I just can't log back in after waking up this morning
    Last edited by Karazee; 2012-08-25 at 11:30 AM.
    Humans are the only species on the planet smart enough to be this stupid.

the launch is not bad played 3 hour and only just now got the d/c and cant log back in.No error 37 but one error 42 XD!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Newbfiac View Post
    besides the login issue, my only gripe is the optimization.

Not getting 60fps with a gtx 680 and an i5 2500k is unacceptable imo. (Yes, i use the recommended beta drivers)
    i5 3570k 4.4ghz
    8gb corsair vengeance
    gtx 670 2gb jetstream and im running at 80-100 fps on ultra 1920x1080

No one can log into Gw2 (myself included) and it's apparently "a bit messy but fine "
    No one could log into D3 (myself included) and it was the end of the world.

10+ Year Old Account
    Been playing the game from 9 this morning and gotta say it brilliant, very impressed. I don't think there been a MMORPG that didn't have problems on the first day of launch, so was always expecting something. True be told i'm glad of login servers being down, i can go eat now
    'I can't believe it. I can't believe it. Football. Bloody hell.' Alex ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    I don't get these comments, I watch a fuck ton of anime, and I don't see it at all.
    Some people are just so mad, they'll try to pick apart things in the game that don't even exist.

If GW2 is anime, then anime is like... realistic.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Broloth View Post
    No one can log into Gw2 (myself included) and it's apparently "a bit messy but fine "
    This is an mmo, Diablo 3 isn't.
    Last edited by Digglett; 2012-08-25 at 11:32 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It was more upsetting with D3 because it wasn't an MMO and it could have been completely avoided by not requiring an internet connection to play single player.
    Last edited by Malthurius; 2012-08-25 at 11:33 AM.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

Odd, I logged into and played D3 and GW2 from T=0.
    Last edited by schwarzkopf; 2012-08-25 at 11:35 AM.

Eu login server is geting raped atm.I got in earlier for 30 min and game crashed and now i can't in With thousands of other ppl With same issue.And here i was having fun With norn ele =(

Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    you don't have to get it, Tackhisis is a long known Troll here on MMOC and get's banned soon after he returns from the former ban, it happens regularly. It seems he enjoys making him look stupid. No one here gets banned permanently so he returns again and again.
    Last edited by Maarius; 2012-08-25 at 11:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    I watching streams and the thing looks even more anime/L2—TERA lookalike than before. So much talk about 'western' designers, for nothing.
    Read post was a bit confused then! Oh, It's Tackhisis....
    I'm no longer confused.

So far I've been really impressed. I wasn't expecting GW2 to be much more than a month's worth of time killing while waiting for MoP, but man these guys did a lot of things right. For once having other players around feels more like an advantage than a nuisance.

Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    you don't have to get it, Tackhisis is a long known Troll here on MMOC and get's banned soon after he returns from the former ban, it happens regularly. It seems he enjoys making him look stupid. No one here gets banned permanently so he returns again and again.
    Woulden't it be great with like perma subforum bans?