Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Matrlx View Post
    can someone confirm it plz if hurricane is an available option then landslide ?
    There has been some conversation about this @ ElitistJerks.

http://elitistjerks.com/f76/t129896-...1/#post2187890

Sounds like at this point it doesn't really matter.

It looks like, at least while we're at 85, it's just a matter of picking the style you like.
    http://i.imgur.com/1Df8D.png
    Raid Leading - it's the next best thing to playing every class and spec, you just can't push the buttons or move the mouse. That's why they die.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtremeActionTess View Post
    Quick question about the cooldown uses. Are we supposed to use Wings with Holy Avenger or use them seperately? And where does Guardian fit in?
    I did try toying around with it myself but I then just used the old way and stuck HA right at the end. But as zero said: "Same as before... Guardian first, 10sec after pop Wings and (if spec'd for it) Holy Avenger."

A little dissatisfied with my 5.0.4 dps :/ on LFR ultra I finished at 34.5k dps with the fight ending right after my second wings, first wings was at the pull with guardian and lust. Skada showed my inquisition uptime at 99.5% (thanks clcret) and I was following the priority listed many times here on the forums. Reforging/gear in sig. Now, I hop on my dk, 392 iLvl no four piece and normal gurth/eou. Pick my spec and talents without really looking at anything and without reading for a second about death knights hit up the dummy...after 10-12 minutes I was sustaining over 35k. It made me feel bad about my beloved paladin

---------- Post added 2012-08-31 at 05:26 PM ----------

Side note: I haven't played dk really though ds. Not since like 5/10% nerf however long ago that was
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

Ret is always at the bottom of the pack at worst and near the middle of the pack at best. That's what you sign up for when playing a Ret Paladin. I made my peace with that long ago, I just wish I didn't have to ramp up and up and up to use Divine Storm. My god what a pain in the ass. I was running SM and Scolo on my main and I was just having a hell of a time getting large swarms down. What before took a single omnidirectional divine storm now seems to take 2-3 perfectly lined up with target Righteousness hammer or whatever they call it, that hits like a wet noodle. Why the hell do I have to nail 30 elite small fries two or three times with that thing just to kill them with epic 85 level 378 range epics? I know Blizzard is desperate to plug their holy power system with more than just the bare bones TV/Inq to spend the resource on, but this just isn't fun.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    They just made us even more bursty in single target situation. And really slow in aoe.
    What happens at Ultra:
    At the very beginning there's bloodlust, and we all go out.
    I ramp up to number #1 position in recount at 80k dps. Hang there for 30 seconds.
    At the end of the fight - i'm number #3-4 with 40k dps.

I like climbing up - I definitely do not like sliding down the rest of the fight.

In 4.3 it was 60k->50k with a high chance of me being number #1-2.

I hate 3 min Wings.

Aoe, slow as a turtle. The moment I got 3 HP - mobs are almost dead. If in 4.3 I could get up to 100k dps (if lucky), now I can't even get past 40k.

The only hope I got - it's just pre-mop period.

Why is it Haste > Mastery at level 90, but Mastery > Haste at level 85?
    Deathknight's do it using disease, blood and the power of the unholy. Warlocks do it with dark demons by their side. Mages do it with summoned arcane powers. Druids do it using the forces of nature. Rogues do it through stealth, poison's, shadows and....from behind. Paladins do it by calling to the light for aid. Shamans do it with the help of the elements. Priests do it through the holy light.
    But warriors....
    Warriors just fucking do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolretadin View Post
    Why is it Haste > Mastery at level 90, but Mastery > Haste at level 85?
    Theoreticly it isn't but with the speed at which DS bosses go down and the only remotely long fight has a haste buff already makes mastery come out ahead of haste afaik.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faesroll View Post
    Theoreticly it isn't but with the speed at which DS bosses go down and the only remotely long fight has a haste buff already makes mastery come out ahead of haste afaik.
    More or less and if you know what it feels like to sit at over 50% mastery during DS it's kind of funny :P

Deleted
    I actually thought that DS 25% nerf is gonna bring us a bit lower on AoE but apparently it's just fine. Also, HA spec on Spine of Deathwing HC, my god.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Quanee View Post
    I actually thought that DS 25% nerf is gonna bring us a bit lower on AoE but apparently it's just fine. Also, HA spec on Spine of Deathwing HC, my god.
    I wouldn't judge DS on how the aoe dps will be for level 90, it is seen as low, even though Blizzard thinks it was higher.

Hey guys just a quick question about HA.When we use it does the rotation becomes holy power generator > TV > holy power generator >TV ? Also from what I have read it should be used after AW but how much of a difference does it really make dps wise ? and are there scenarios (Spine) where it is actually better to use them togheter ?

Quote Originally Posted by hopefully View Post
    Hey guys just a quick question about HA.When we use it does the rotation becomes holy power generator > TV > holy power generator >TV ? Also from what I have read it should be used after AW but how much of a difference does it really make dps wise ? and are there scenarios (Spine) where it is actually better to use them togheter ?
    Spine and Hagara.

Aaaaand a follow up on before my dummy dps sucks. Anyone else? In Lfr with full buffs it's not horrible (but still not great) but on a dummy it's god awful.

Quote Originally Posted by Regen View Post
    Aaaaand a follow up on before my dummy dps sucks. Anyone else? In Lfr with full buffs it's not horrible (but still not great) but on a dummy it's god awful.
    If you're hitting boss dummies, they're level 93 already.

Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    If you're hitting boss dummies, they're level 93 already.
    That could explain TV and Exo missing a lot while capped on hit and expertise

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Regen View Post
    That could explain TV and Exo missing a lot while capped on hit and expertise
    Yeah, go to a 85 dummy for closer numbers to what you want. You'll have skewed results otherwise.

It'd be cool if they'd have an "arena" area with a spawnable set a mobs which you could adjust yourself so you're never out of a Raider's Dummy.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

Quote Originally Posted by Faesroll View Post
    I did some tests on the 85 dummy while maximizing my reforge for Mastery and then Haste. What I noticed was that the Mastery tended to preform better in every test that I did (Keeping in mind I only did about 6 tests per build). I did a 1 min, a 2 min, and a 5 min test; it seemed like the burst during CD use was higher due to the reduced CD, but the sustained seemed to suffer. It could just be the tests, since I did a relatively small sample, but I'm not sure. My priority list was as such;

Inq > TV (5HoPow) > Exsor > HoW > CS > Judge > TV (3HoPow).

Also, quick question on my part, I am currently spec'd for Holy Avenger. With a 2 min CD, I generally wait for AW to be up before using it (As CD are generally best used together). Should I just be popping it on CD, or continue to save it for every 3 min rather than every 2? Or would it be better to just spec Sanctified Wrath?
    Deathknight's do it using disease, blood and the power of the unholy. Warlocks do it with dark demons by their side. Mages do it with summoned arcane powers. Druids do it using the forces of nature. Rogues do it through stealth, poison's, shadows and....from behind. Paladins do it by calling to the light for aid. Shamans do it with the help of the elements. Priests do it through the holy light.
    But warriors....
    Warriors just fucking do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Krekko View Post
    Yeah, go to a 85 dummy for closer numbers to what you want. You'll have skewed results otherwise.

It'd be cool if they'd have an "arena" area with a spawnable set a mobs which you could adjust yourself so you're never out of a Raider's Dummy.

Just got heroic gurth and tried a level 85 dummy and I stuck around 39k, rather than 17k....so thank you, again, Krekko.

10+ Year Old Account
    Clc default has tvdp at the beginning of the rotation. Is that correct? And yeah, ramp up for aoe sucks quite badly. Mobs melt down before I can use divine storm. Perhaps increase hotr damage a bit and remove its target requirement so we can fire and forget with it like in divine storm. It's also needed for on demand stealth detection in pvp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonuts View Post
    Pretty sad when being deathgripped is my most reliable gap closer! THAT is some BS too.

Quote Originally Posted by Vuagnon View Post
    Clc default has tvdp at the beginning of the rotation. Is that correct?
    Strictly speaking, no; if you have a Holy Power generating ability off its cooldown, that ability should have priority over TVDP - thus, logically, TVDP should be at the very bottom. However, on dummy testing, I noticed that I would end up wasting a lot of these procs, so I moved it up a little in the priority:

inq inqdp tv5 how cs tvdp exo j
    I'm gonna try this priority out tonight in raid. Set up like this, I'm essentially prioritizing abilities with mastery damage attached over those without, because mastery is still a huge chunk of our overall damage.
    I am Grôgnárd, the one and only!
    The Light and How to Swing It

SWTOR Referral Link - get free stuff!