Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm leveling like a snail. Got my norn at 8 and my human at 4. Doing all these jumping vista puzzles and exploring it. Arena Net has the best art department in MMOs.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    How are ya'll leveling so fast? I was on from the second it launched and just got off literally 3 hours ago and I'm not even level 20 yet, level 18ish.

Quote Originally Posted by galook View Post
    How are ya'll leveling so fast? I was on from the second it launched and just got off literally 3 hours ago and I'm not even level 20 yet, level 18ish.
    I simply used all the time during the betas and stress tests to figure out the fastest/most efficient zone progression from 1-30ish and which classes were the best at PVE. What equipment to use, how to trait, stat and which professions were useful.

During the betas I got every class above level 30 and 2 classes above 50. I knew where I was going & how every DE/Heart/POI/Vista/PS etc was accomplished already. Cleared Wayfarer Foothills in about 40s flat 3 1/2 minutes after the NA servers opened.

50/50 HOM.

Going in with a plan speeds things up remarkably.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2012-08-26 at 02:52 AM.

I like leveling quickly. Problem is for me though... I've changed characters like 3 times. Though, I think I'm pretty solid on engineer 13 for now. But I did also get ranger and necro to 10 and 11.

And I don't really have any fear of leveling fast because this isn't WoW. There's pretty much nothing I can miss that I can't go back and do later.
    Last edited by Ticktox; 2012-08-26 at 02:55 AM.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not at all. Only level 9.

Been doing:

DE's > exploration > skill point challenges > crafting > hearts. Kind of feels like a slow way to go about it tbh but I think I'm experiencing the most of the game I can.

Also tried other toons and have run into a little frustration with it feeling like every name under the sun is already taken. Honestly, if you didn't pre-purchase and link your account then your GW1 names should be released for GW2.
    Last edited by Rooflesstoofless; 2012-08-26 at 03:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ticktox View Post
    I like leveling quickly. Problem is for me though... I've changed characters like 3 times. Though, I think I'm pretty solid on engineer 13 for now. But I did also get ranger and necro to 10 and 11.

And I don't really have any fear of leveling fast because this isn't WoW. There's pretty much nothing I can miss that I can't go back and do later.
    That's smart starting a few different characters because you're getting different experiences and I agree with leveling slow in any new mmo. Many will rush to cap its just not my style.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stixxz View Post
    That's what I love. Not know what to do or where to go, getting lost and finding out new places.
    More like wandering out of your zone and getting exploded by higher level mobs >_> it's not safe to "wander" around at level <10. Probably at lvl 15-20 is when wandering starts working a bit better, you have the health and abilities to get yourself out of pickles.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

10+ Year Old Account
    If/when I do play Guild Wars 2, I'll be taking my time with it.

Been about alot lvling my Norn female warrior duo with a mate of mine as a norn female elementalist. we are currently lvl 26 & 28, and we are making sure to take our time exploring everything, doing as many events as possible, clearing all hearths, points etc before moving to next zone.

Still at a decent speed, so i guess its all about how you play the game i suppose, but i am definately not looking to miss any content while lvling up for the sake of hitting max lvl faster.

Deleted
    At 40 atm and I didn't rush. I did every DEs, getting mats, and exploring most of the zone. Oh, I also listen to all the conversation for my personal story.
    Last edited by mmocdae4424a1e; 2012-08-27 at 12:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldschoolwow View Post
    Are you power leveling? And if so why?

Aren't you afraid of missing things in your rush to an end game that is nothing like other mmo titles?

Please don't let this discussion degenerate into arguments. Thanks for reading.
    Miss what? Downscaling.
    Not to mention its kinda hard to "power level" when even doing level 2 content at level 20 gives (nearly) as much xp as doing level 20 content at level 20... only way to really "power level" the game is to spend a lot of money on gems, turn it into gold and then buy all the crafting mats you can with said gold and "power level" via crafting xp... other then that though the game is designed in a way that really can not be "power leveled" in any real fashion of the word since its not like a high level toon can come in and 1 shot every thing for you to complete quests 50x faster then you normally would be able to. Yes a high level toon can kill slightly quicker then an "at level" toon but not by enough to make any big difference in xp rate.

The only way besides "power leveling" via crafting I can think of that could be possibly used is to go for the bronze. Wait what? Bronze? Yes, do just enough of a DE to get bronze then hop to another, sure you get less xp for bronze then you do gold but you can potentialy knock out enough bronze fast enough doing say 15-20 seconds at each event enough to get a higher rate of xp then that of completing said event getting gold and taking a few minutes... but comparing how spread out DEs are in the intro zones due to being mostly hearts instead it would be hard to get a good rate doing that.

But anyways I am doing everything I can (have done 4 of the 5 starting 1-6 content so far on my "main" doing last one before doing 7-15 parts of the zone) and I am level 18 almost 19 already having not played that much and having not touched any content higher then level 6, you don't have to try to rush to 80 to get to 80 fast since everything gives xp based on your level and not the contents level due to down scaling mechanics.

EDIT: And I know 18-19 isn't high compared to some people, but I work and play alts, relative to the play time it took to hit 18-19 it would be about the same play time as of that of someone only doing "appropriate level content" for their toon.
    Last edited by Hockeyhacker; 2012-08-27 at 01:18 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems strange, but i'm worried when my level grow up. I'm scared to reach 80, and nothing else to do than just hang around a bit..

Usually i'am power lvler in most mmos but in this i'am realy taking it slow.Lvl 13 ele,lvl 9 Warrior and lots other alts.Atm playing bgs on my Warrior and having a blast.Rank 2 pvp yo

I'm kind of being dragged quickly. All my friends are blasting through levels like crazy and I'm just trying to keep up with them. They're all level 46-49 and I'm back at 40. :[
    Definitely having fun though.

Once all my final sales from D3 clear and post to Pay-pal im spending it all on Gems for Exp boost tokens. Im sure thats how lots of people are 45+ already. Just spam 50% exp bonus tokens every hour.

Deleted
    Sort of. I'm on-par with others I'm leveling with, but there's moments I completely wasted time (Well I amused myself mostly but compared to how fast I could have leveled) by grinding a mob for 4 hours for a very specific item - didn't get it - and finding and doing 6 jumping puzzles in different areas in a row just for the heck of it. During that time some others leveled up about 5 levels more, but that aside..

And if you're feeling lazy, you can just bot the skelk event in Gendarran Fields. Not really power leveling, but it certainly will let you farm a respectable amount of EXP, karma and gold while not going anything.

Doesn't even need a bot apparently. Just macro your combination of decent damage/cleave skill into infinite repetition macro, aim at where the boss will spawn, press the macro button and go do something else. Came from watching about 50 people sitting on top of each other doing it. The poor boss melted in less then a second, I barely got to see the event blink in an out of existence when I was doing the med kit heart nearby. Rather funny to watch, even more funny to listen to the few non-botters in the pile whine about respawn time.
    Last edited by Lucky_; 2012-08-27 at 07:36 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    My Norn Ranger is at almost 30, and my little Sylvari Warrior is almost 10.

It pays to do DE's, gathering, and Crafting while in town (not to mention they help with leveling).

Deleted
    My highest leveled characters are a level 9 warrior, a level 9 necromancer, and a level 9 ranger. I love playing all of them, as well as the other professions I have barely started with yet.

I'm estimating that by the time I get my first level 80 character, I'll have at least two more at level 70+, and all my characters being level 50+.

Definitely not. First of all this game has no reason to rush to cap(which is a good thing) but more importantly I haven't been able to decise on class yet... So I got lots low level characters atm.
    Last edited by Cakka; 2012-08-27 at 08:07 AM.