Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Exclamation Starting a DK without having a a level 55

Hey guys, I recently bought WoW all the way up to MoP, they had a deal for 59.99 USD for all expansions. Anyway, I logged in and had a look at all the classes and saw that I could click and create a death knight? Don't you need to have a level 55 to unlock the death knight, or did blizzard change something? (I actually logged in and started playing it.))
    Note that this is the only WoW account connected to my Blizzard account and I do not have nor ever had a level 55 on my battle.net account.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by Legacyjm; 2012-08-24 at 04:08 AM.

Try and create it and use it. ?

If you clicked create did it actually let you make the character? And if so, if you make a DK, does it let you go in-game with it? Somewhere in there it should tell you that you don't meet the requirements to make one.
    Thanks Soko<3

If I wasn't clear, sorry but yes, I logged in and started playing it.
    Last edited by Legacyjm; 2012-08-24 at 04:09 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Legacyjm View Post
    If I wasn't clear, sorry but yes, I logged in and started playing it.
    Thats interesting. I just made a second account for my gf to play, paid thru cataclysm, and she cannot make a death knight until she gets a 55. I wonder if you got a little bug, or if thats a new thing (her account is now a month or so old).
    wyrd bið ful aræd

Quote Originally Posted by rolo4804 View Post
    Thats interesting. I just made a second account for my gf to play, paid thru cataclysm, and she cannot make a death knight until she gets a 55. I wonder if you got a little bug, or if thats a new thing (her account is now a month or so old).
    Can't be a new thing. Just got a new account tonight, couldn't make a DK.

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought you needed an 80 before making a DK. O_o
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Maybe they made it if you have a 55 on your acount, regardless of server, you can make one. I had the same experience, I was able to make a dk on a server with no toons.

---------- Post added 2012-08-24 at 08:43 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Moshic View Post
    I thought you needed an 80 before making a DK. O_o
    Nope, was 55, apparently removed.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Deleted
    Originally in wrath you needed a level 70 toon to even make and play a dk, as far as i know this still stands as my dad has just started playing again and couldn't make 1 with a 64 hunter as main.

Quote Originally Posted by snakecatcher View Post
    Originally in wrath you needed a level 70 toon to even make and play a dk, as far as i know this still stands as my dad has just started playing again and couldn't make 1 with a 64 hunter as main.
    When in Wrath? I bought it the day it came out and it was Level 55, not 70.

Quote Originally Posted by Reakash View Post
    When in Wrath? I bought it the day it came out and it was Level 55, not 70.
    I second this. Rather I was able to create a DK as soon as I got to level 55 on my other account.
    Last edited by Evil Inside; 2012-08-24 at 08:47 AM.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Deleted
    was 70 as soon as wrath came out, you needed at least 1 70 on the account before you could make 1.

Just re-read, the dk was level 55 but you needed another class at 70 in order to make 1 (hunter, mage, warrior ect at 70).
    Last edited by mmoc59ac8f0c4e; 2012-08-24 at 08:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by snakecatcher View Post
    was 70 as soon as wrath came out, you needed at least 1 70 on the account before you could make 1
    I'd like to see a source on that, because as I said, I bought the expansion the day it came out, and was able to create my DK without having a level 70.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reakash View Post
    I'd like to see a source on that, because as I said, I bought the expansion the day it came out, and was able to create my DK without having a level 70.
    your right it is a 55 toon that was needed, i just remember all who created 1 on my realm having a 70, and i also played the day it came out (midnight release 80 in 3 days on hunter), just didn't create a dk till i had 3 other 80's as the server was originally over run with them.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Perhaps they changed this rules due to some new players just leveled a new char to 55 and then started af DK and never played the first one again.

At the time of Wrath the lvl 55 requirement made sence but now it's more annoying than good.
    Last edited by Gandilf; 2012-08-24 at 11:31 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Born: Syracuse, NY; Currently live: Raleigh, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by b0sanac View Post
    Maybe they made it if you have a 55 on your acount, regardless of server, you can make one. I had the same experience, I was able to make a dk on a server with no toons.

---------- Post added 2012-08-24 at 08:43 AM ----------

Nope, was 55, apparently removed.
    The bolded portion changed a while ago.

There are 2 things that may have happened here:

a.) You have a pretty sweet bug going on.

b.) With the change from races being tied to expansions (not needing BC, Cata, or MoP) to play the respective races that were implemented at that time, they may have removed the level requirement on DK's.

My bet is more on option "a". Either that or your lying to get a reaction out of people.

I've created DKs on fresh servers to talk to guilds about guild applications before. Having a level 55 toon on any server lets you create a DK on any server, not specifically the server the 55 toon is on. Possibly even having had a level 55 character you've since deleted might qualify you, for all I know.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizendragon View Post
    My bet is more on option "a". Either that or your lying to get a reaction out of people.
    Easy way to find out.

OP, give us a screenshot of your server list and then your character menu.

Well, it must be a bug I guess, or something to do with upgrading all the way to MoP at once.
    And I already know you can create a Dk on any server from your normal level 55, re-read my post, I don't and never had a normal level 55 ever on my battle.net account.

Anyway, pretty stoked about it haha, free level 55!
    Last edited by Legacyjm; 2012-08-24 at 01:12 PM.

Maybe you copied a premade or created a prefab 85 on PTR or beta?
    Last edited by Schizoide; 2012-08-24 at 01:27 PM.