Page 43 of 51 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Yayorelay View Post
    Thanks, I was noticing the same thing when I looked them over - I'm generally all over my cooldowns - but since I have switched to a DK there are just sooo many, it's pretty awesome lol.
    yeah most of the "issue" i see is CD usage. Jugger hc. 2 AMS and 2 DRW over a 5.58min fight where you could of used 4 DRW (suck at math head hehehe) and 8 AMS atleast with glyph. consider its a heavy magical fight you almost wanna use AMS asap u can.

but yeah. work on that CD usage and you'll be Top ace!

regarding 4 set. i just dont see it worth having. im raiding 10 tho and not 25 so cannot speak for 25man. but ive tried it a few times but i gained more dps on having d/p items from heroic than 4 set.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

Can someone explain why I see such a range of itemization choices in the top raiding Blood DK's?
    Like, some stack mastery, some stack stam, some seem to totally ignore Mastery (as I understand it being a best stat for DK tank)
    and they stack dodge and parry gems and reforge out of mastery.. what is the point of all this avoidance over mitigation?
    Is it sometimes better or better once you get to a certain item level or something? Maybe for 25 mans only..?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JimB86 View Post
    Can someone explain why I see such a range of itemization choices in the top raiding Blood DK's?
    Like, some stack mastery, some stack stam, some seem to totally ignore Mastery (as I understand it being a best stat for DK tank)
    and they stack dodge and parry gems and reforge out of mastery.. what is the point of all this avoidance over mitigation?
    Is it sometimes better or better once you get to a certain item level or something? Maybe for 25 mans only..?
    one word: Riposte
    It's simply because stacking avoidance-stats ups your crit-rating now when you dodge or parry, so it adds quite some DPS while still maintaining a good portion of survivability

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JimB86 View Post
    It depends on a lot of variables. If you're raiding 25 or 10 man, how good your healers are, what kind of content you're doing and how well your DDs DPS.

Are there certain fights, or is there a certain vengeance point that makes Death Coil a better runic dump then Rune Strike?

When I'm glancing through some of the higher ranked Blood DK logs for dps, there are several instances where their top dps was Death Coil.

Are there certain fights, or is there a certain vengeance point that makes Death Coil a better runic dump then Rune Strike?

When I'm glancing through some of the higher ranked Blood DK logs for dps, there are several instances where their top dps was Death Coil.
    Malk hc when soaking second phase, thok, and blackfuse is fights i sometimes use it. dunno if its a super damage increase but its the fights where i have the highest veangence therefor i just use it.

With a 574 weapon, Death Coil is better Damage Per Execute at about 209k AP. It's better Damage Per Runic Power at about 572k AP.

It can be optimal to use Death Coil if you are above the first breakpoint if you have high enough RP generation.

I also use it if I need to hit something at range or to try to proc Runic Corruption while running between mobs if I want some runes available as soon as I get to the new mob.
    Last edited by Cryopathy; 2013-11-23 at 12:49 PM.

Deleted
    Thank you for this topic.

seems kinda sad to me that in WoD all we can do is stack haste (until gcd cap) and mastery, nothing else

unless they change crit to be useful for us like with warriors, monks, and druids

Quote Originally Posted by onemanaleft View Post
    seems kinda sad to me that in WoD all we can do is stack haste (until gcd cap) and mastery, nothing else

unless they change crit to be useful for us like with warriors, monks, and druids
    The way I understand it, we will get more options, not fewer. Readiness/Amplify/Multi-strike are going to be secondary stats just like Haste/Crit/Mastery. So an armor item will look like:

+Str
    +Stam
    +Armor
    +2 of the following: Haste, Crit, Mastery, Readiness, Amplify, Multi-strike

Also, there is a small chance to be Warforged and/or have a socket and/or have a tertiary stat (Movement Speed, Sturdiness, Life Steal, Avoidance, Cleave).

Quote Originally Posted by onemanaleft View Post

Crit didn't give us any survival last tier, didn't stop people from stacking it. A lot depends on how they compensate for riposte but it seems likely that crit will be the best dps stat again.

Quote Originally Posted by Cryopathy View Post
    The way I understand it, we will get more options, not fewer. Readiness/Amplify/Multi-strike are going to be secondary stats just like Haste/Crit/Mastery. So an armor item will look like:

+Str
    +Stam
    +Armor
    +2 of the following: Haste, Crit, Mastery, Readiness, Amplify, Multi-strike

Also, there is a small chance to be Warforged and/or have a socket and/or have a tertiary stat (Movement Speed, Sturdiness, Life Steal, Avoidance, Cleave).
    str isnt a tanking stat
    stam is on all gear
    armor is on all gear, and is only a bonus on jewelery in WoD

youre still only able to go haste till gcd cap, then mastery rest

all the tertiary stats are just bonus 3rd stats you cant control, only get random or lucky on. you might just get trolled and have pieces with sturdiness (doesnt need repaired)

Is there a point where we can start using the strength flask to push out more dps if we are going for the parry/mastery build? Or should you always stick to the stam flask?

Quote Originally Posted by Sukoidha View Post
    Is there a point where we can start using the strength flask to push out more dps if we are going for the parry/mastery build? Or should you always stick to the stam flask?
    if you want to min/max dps id say 2 elixir (critt=> battle // dodge=> guardian) as setup.

as for stam flask. fights i know healers can slack on hc and we still get a smooth kill is fights i tend to use 2x elixir instead of stam flask

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sukoidha View Post
    if you want to min/max dps id say 2 elixir (critt=> battle // dodge=> guardian) as setup.

as for stam flask. fights i know healers can slack on hc and we still get a smooth kill is fights i tend to use 2x elixir instead of stam flask

Deleted
    hi guys... for the survival side, is it better to use the Britomarts (561ilvl) or the heroic Greatsword of Pride`s Fall (566ilvl) ? 1566 mastery is kinda strong in my opinion.!?!

For survival any extra mastery will benefit you. It really won't make too much difference, try them both out and swap between fights if needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaldesh View Post
    one word: Riposte
    It's simply because stacking avoidance-stats ups your crit-rating now when you dodge or parry, so it adds quite some DPS while still maintaining a good portion of survivability
    But if you dodged or parried an attack, it does not count towards vengeance build up from what I have seen, but even if I fully absorb an attack via mastery/blood shield, I am able gain vengeance. Any clarification on that?

Quote Originally Posted by topapagaramonde View Post
    But if you dodged or parried an attack, it does not count towards vengeance build up from what I have seen, but even if I fully absorb an attack via mastery/blood shield, I am able gain vengeance. Any clarification on that?
    not true

if dodges and parries didnt give vengeance, bear tanks wouldnt ever get any vengenace, yet they get as much as all the rest of us

same with dks. my dk is about 55% avoidance and ive got up to 500k on alot of 10n/10H/25n/25f fights. that doesnt mean id be vengeance capped without avoidance

Quote Originally Posted by topapagaramonde View Post
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6933236387

You can read here that dodge nad parry give vengeance.