Page 1 of 2
LastLast

About the complaints..

The complaints here are getting out of hand. I keep seeing repetative threads about complaints.. for the stupidest reasons. I love world of warcraft, This is not a bashing thread. Read it before you actually post

• This game just came out. Quit complaining about bugs. It gets you nowhere. This is NOT a bug submission forum for the official guild wars 2 team to see, this is mmo-champion.

• Leveling isnt hard. It takes a bit more time than what all you thumb suckers want since WoW ((Vanilla players excluded, I call the targeted audience the "Wrath babies" those who started in wrath and have a weird entitlement issue) also that it is a solid mmo that thrieves off of its player base so they have to attend to its wants and needs sometimes) made you soft. Just because its faster on another game, doesnt mean that GW2 needs to be just as fast. That is why its another game.

• End game? There are a million things to do at this game and you guys are complaining about end game? Thats pathetic. Thats the one thing I hated about WoW (dont get me wrong im going to play again when mists comes out, i love raiding but its repetative) but just the only thing to do at max level was raid. You raided to get better gear, so you could do the next raid... to get better gear for the next... You know where this goes.

• Quit giving up so easily. Thats a major problem with this generation, if it isnt handed to you, you cry and throw a temper tantrum until you get your way. TOUGH LUCK. these developers aren't going to budge for you since you have the comprehension skills of a squirrel. I'll admit. it was rough to get down the combat system.. for the first 15 minutes, and after that 15 minutes I was rocking the game. Learn to read your skills, and how to evade. Actually put this thing called effort into this and you'll be having fun in no time.

If you dont like the game, just don't play, there is no subsciption.. you'll be okay. Just rub some dirt on it and go back to wow.

There are tons of us who absolutely love the game. No one should use this forum on deciding if they want to play because it is filled with negativity.
    Last edited by TOXIC TRIPP; 2012-08-31 at 03:40 PM.

Deleted
    Because we needed another "complaining about the complainers" thread.

I keep seeing repetative threads from people telling the people giving criticism to be quiet. It's getting about as old as the bug complaints now.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's actually kind of nice seeing all those who have been bashing WoW and all the other MMOs whenever they got a chance either not have a fully functional game and defend it as a newly released game, or bitch themselves how it doesn't live up to their standards.

Karma.

Sorry I fail to see anyone else posting about the complainers.

---------- Post added 2012-08-31 at 08:57 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Regennis View Post
    It's actually kind of nice seeing all those who have been bashing WoW and all the other MMOs whenever they got a chance either not have a fully functional game and defend it as a newly released game, or bitch themselves how it doesn't live up to their standards.

Karma.
    Sorry, not defending it. I'm stating why these complaints a redundant and need to stop.

I honestly don't see how a thread about "OMFG this game is amazing/horrible/makes me hungry!!!" is more or less important than this one.
    But I'm sure this thread won't stop anything anyway.
    The advantage of the dreamer is that he never has to face the chains of reality.
    Blackhand[EU] - Mistral

Deleted

Karma.
    It's a bitch, innit?

Karma.
    Actually, most of the posters here that have been here for a while aren't the ones complaining, we're all happy with what we got. Most of the complaints are coming from either people that were complaining before launch or are people I haven't seen a lot of (or any, in most cases) before launch.

Most of the complainers are the bandwagoners, as is usually the case with most new games.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistral View Post
    I honestly don't see how a thread about "OMFG this game is amazing/horrible/makes me hungry!!!" is more or less important than this one.
    But I'm sure this thread won't stop anything anyway.
    True. I just hate seeing people bash a game because they arent putting any effort into it because wow handed them everything they want...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TOXIC TRIPP View Post
    True. I just hate seeing people bash a game because they arent putting any effort into it because wow handed them everything they want...
    And now you're bashing WoW which is just as repetitive. Do you see the vicious cycle we're getting into now?

Deleted

Karma.
    I doubt some of them bashing even played the game to be honest if you mean that topic with somewhere near 70 pages.

10+ Year Old Account
    Meh... Complaining is part and parcel of the human condition, even more so when it comes to the anonymity of "online" behavior. I figure complaints are a good thing. It means that the game is popular enough to generate the traffic, both positive and negative. Generating more publicity and raising awareness of the game. After all, given the million prepurchases, that ANet has even gone as far as temporarily putting direct digital sales on hold, and that its B2P? The complainers may even be helping ANet make even more money.

Flame on my fellow interneteers, flame on.
    Last edited by SirRobin; 2012-08-31 at 03:14 PM.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Uhm, maybe I haven't followed the GW2 forum closely enough during the last few days, but I don't think there were as many people complaining about the game being too hard as the OP is trying to make it seem. So the only purpose left to this thread would be WoW bashing...

10+ Year Old Account
    And you couldn't post that without calling wow players thumbsuckers and easymode babies? Threads like these need to stop just as much as those you are worked up about. And for the record, I play and enjoy both games; it is infact possible.
    "You're messing with my zen thing, man!"

The problem is...GW2 moderators are probably playing GW2 now, and aren't closing threads. Though I hope that's not the case, it seems like too many of these threads keep popping up with no-one to regulate (close) them.

If you really enjoy the game, OP, just go play and close out MMOC forums. There is NO way I'd ever be here if I wasn't at work. Why would I take an opportunity to defend a game I'm enjoying if I could easily just be enjoying it? Go play! Unless you're at work and bored, in which case...

ohai.

Deleted
    • End game? There are a million things to do at this game and you guys are complaining about end game? Thats pathetic. Thats the one thing I hated about WoW (dont get me wrong im going to play again when mists comes out) but just the only thing to do at max level was raid. You raided to get better gear, so you could do the next raid... to get better gear for the next... You know where this goes.

Millions of things to do, yet the people who state there are a million things to do at max level, don't seem to be able to list a single one.
    Last edited by mmoc70a65a3a86; 2012-08-31 at 03:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CHALET View Post
    And now you're bashing WoW which is just as repetitive. Do you see the vicious cycle we're getting into now?
    You obviously dont read anything that was parenthesized do you? I like wow. I'm just bringing out its flaws. not bashing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoochlol View Post
    • End game? There are a million things to do at this game and you guys are complaining about end game? Thats pathetic. Thats the one thing I hated about WoW (dont get me wrong im going to play again when mists comes out) but just the only thing to do at max level was raid. You raided to get better gear, so you could do the next raid... to get better gear for the next... You know where this goes.

Millions of things to do, yet the people who state there are a million things to do at max level, don't seem to be able to list a single one.
    Part of that is because the whole game is end game. You do the same things at 80 that you did at 10, 20, 30 etc. Quest, run dungeons, PVP, gather and craft. It's an old school MMO approach in a new school wrapper. Whether that design is attractive or not is up to the player.

Quote Originally Posted by WorldofWorkcraft View Post
    The problem is...GW2 moderators are probably playing GW2 now, and aren't closing threads. Though I hope that's not the case, it seems like too many of these threads keep popping up with no-one to regulate (close) them.

If you really enjoy the game, OP, just go play and close out MMOC forums. There is NO way I'd ever be here if I wasn't at work. Why would I take an opportunity to defend a game I'm enjoying if I could easily just be enjoying it? Go play! Unless you're at work and bored, in which case...

ohai.
    I'm at work. Just as you said.

Deleted
    These people complain about the same things with every game. And this exact thread is posted in response to them with every game.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoochlol View Post

I'm not at max level. I requent youtube videos.