Every name I choose has been taken already

Been typing all sorts of different names (original and non-original) for the last 20 mins and every single chosen name has been taken or reserved.

Deleted
    AFAIK you can use SPACES

Deleted
    2 word names or singles? cause last friday at headstart a lot of players have been reserving 1 word names, if you can find a unique 1 today. Good luck

10+ Year Old Account
    lost somewhere in the corn fields of middle America
    yes there are a ton of people playing and the first thing everyone who prepurchased did was log in and make all the alts they could and reserve 5 names a piece minimum. I hit the log in button the moment the servers went live on the three day head start, instantly went to my mains class, hit skip to end and in less than a minute all 5 of the names on my list where taken lol.

Luckily my back up names where free.

Names are unique globally in this game.. so only one player may ever have a particular name. Using a surname is the best way forward if your one word names are taken.

10+ Year Old Account
    AFAIK you can use SPACES

2 word names
    Wait... that's possible?!

<Vader> NOOOO! </Vader>

Or special symbols. Even though in my case I failed to take "pure" name, used í for main and then tried to use other symbol for alts and it was all taken. Fun fun. Great idea to make names 1 per game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, you have to. If I understand correctly there are no separated realm worlds. You can play with everyone from every realm except for World vs. World battles.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well... i think you lack "imagination" for names... also you can have 2 words names.... so is really easy to find a cool name that nobody is using

Deleted
    Robb Stark is taken, sorry bud.

i have not had this issue yet but i made 5 toons on release to get the names i wanted ^^
    Intel i7 2600k | NZXT Havik 140 | Asrock Z77 Extreme4 | 3x Liyama E2407HDS(5760x1080) | Intel 520 Series 120GB
    2x EVGA GTX 690 SC Signature 4096MB in SLI | 16GB Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 2133 | CoolMaster HAF X

Deleted
    I really hat this name-reserving shit people do with level 1 alts. It really limits everyone else's choices.

I wish ANet would free up the names of level 1 characters that haven't been played in 24h.

If everybody is like me then they got on, bought extra character slots, and then instantly took all the names that they wanted. And even then I didn't get all of the ones that I originally wanted and had to go with my plan B ones. :P

I managed to get all the names i wanted very quickly. however I made a theme for mine, was fairly simple. X's! Xichi, Xoraxal, Xillixa, Xipper, Xorun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellga View Post
    AFAIK you can use SPACES
    Quote Originally Posted by blake22tt View Post
    Been typing all sorts of different names (original and non-original) for the last 20 mins and every single chosen name has been taken or reserved.
    this

had i known i'd have gone with my original 1 word name with spaces

use double spaces if you want

SWAG
    S W A G
    S W A G

like that

Twitter: @EsmeraldoC

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by blake22tt View Post
    I logged in at 5am on release and all the names I wanted were taken...

---------- Post added 2012-08-28 at 02:31 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by charlieprince View Post
    SWAG
    S W A G
    S W A G
    Some nice name choices for an instant kick from groups

I just picked a last name and slapped it after all the names I'd originally planned. Now my character 'family' is instantly identifiable and I can pretty much just pick whatever name I want as a first name.

As others have pointed out, even if you logged in right after the servers went online, you might not get the names you'd planned. I know I didn't, and mine weren't the most unoriginal out there (I mean come on, some of them were in finnish).