Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by krastos66 View Post
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH Just finish updating
    Gratz........

10+ Year Old Account
    My start button is greyed out and no text will pop up where it usually says "initializing data." This requires me to try to exit out of the launcher which will then freeze and take forever to finally quit. Trying everything online and nothing is working.....

-I'm on a mac
    -Had this problem before, fixed it by resetting my DHCP or whatever you call it (didn't work this time(obviously))
    -This problem was right when I went off to college and started playing on their wifi system

Best of luck to all the other people with problems >_<

Quote Originally Posted by Locktose View Post
    That worked for me! I chose Windows XP SP3. I am now Reconfiguring game files Please wait.

I was stuck at around 75% Updating setup files for over an hour. It would jump forward then back again with a message I couldn't read because it was only up for a few milliseconds. I noticed the Client folder under battle.net was being written to over and over again. World of Warcraft Launcher.exe.temp would appear, then vanish. What I assume were temp folders were being created and removed around the same time.

I tried removing read-only on all files, deleted battle.net folder, marked all exe files as administrator, none of these worked, but may have helped?

This worked for me. Now also at: "Reconfiguring game files. Please wait." Thanks

I'm at 'Reconfiguring game files. Please Wait' ... 0% for 20mins now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mine was stuck at 0% for over 45 minutes, then jumped directly from 0 to 100% and the patch finished in less then a minute.

Now to wait with anticipated breath for the servers to come up.

My issue seem slightly different than some here.

I am receiving the same "Failed to Read required..." error, yet my progress bar works a little differently.

At first, it was stopping at 3% and immediately giving me the error.

Then, after trying various things, it went to 50% (Instantly, mind you, just as instant as it was going to 3%) and then gave me the error some more.

After dozens of restarts, use of advice, and trying over and over, it continued to give me 50% then error..

After a few more tries, it went to 100% immediately (OH JOY!) then flashed straight back down to 50%, and continued giving me the error.

Now everything I try gives me the 100% instant, then back to 50...which is crushing my motivation >.<

I do not have a repair button any longer, and when I try to launch from Wow.exe I get "Failed to open required Archive Data\enUS\expansion4-speech-enUS.MPQ with error: -2062548843

I'm assuming it's some issue with my progress not downloading all of the MPQ files needed to launch wow.exe.

Anybody have any fresh advice?

I've done secondary login, disabled read only, took ownership of the files, compatibility mode, launched through safe mode, I've done everything in this forum and many others.

If any of you are running the Curse client try exiting out of that and then running the WoW launcher. I was having the same problems as most of the people in this thread but once I closed the Curse client the optimization only took about 10 minutes.

I just had a curious thought... for all the different permissions/AV/Firewall etc that most people have going on their computers when trying to patch...

Why not crank open a VM (VirtualBox is free) and run a fresh install of XP and try patching it there?

Quote Originally Posted by cslcollins View Post

I am receiving the same "Failed to Read required..." error, yet my progress bar works a little differently.

Then, after trying various things, it went to 50% (Instantly, mind you, just as instant as it was going to 3%) and then gave me the error some more.

After dozens of restarts, use of advice, and trying over and over, it continued to give me 50% then error..

After a few more tries, it went to 100% immediately (OH JOY!) then flashed straight back down to 50%, and continued giving me the error.

Now everything I try gives me the 100% instant, then back to 50...which is crushing my motivation >.<

I do not have a repair button any longer, and when I try to launch from Wow.exe I get "Failed to open required Archive Data\enUS\expansion4-speech-enUS.MPQ with error: -2062548843

I'm assuming it's some issue with my progress not downloading all of the MPQ files needed to launch wow.exe.

I've done secondary login, disabled read only, took ownership of the files, compatibility mode, launched through safe mode, I've done everything in this forum and many others.

I have the EXACT problem as you, My Bar has done all of that too!

You just have to wait guys.

I was stuck at 0% for about 5 minutes, Then 6% for 5 minutes and then it JUMPED to 27% and it went up and up from there.

The servers are far from up right now, So you have time
    Last edited by Malcor; 2012-08-28 at 07:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Downloading Updated Tools, been at this for almost 3-4hrs, it's full blue bar but not going anywhere afterwards.

This problem been going on since beta was release back in March. It's a problem with your UAC which you'll have to contact Microsoft support. You can google the fix if you wish.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    The optimizer just sits at 0% and refuses to work.

Signature done by Eis

12 gigs down 8 to go, hope nothing bad happens during that time.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Currently have been at 0% on the optimizer for 2 hours...any ideas?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    whats the wait time on this optimizing crap anyways?
    Gaming Rig:
    Intel i5 3570k OC @4.5 / Asrock Extreme 4 Z77 / Corsair Vengance 1600 ddr3 (16gigs) / Crucial M4 128gig (system/games), 1tb Western Digital 7,200 (file drive) / AMD Radeon 7950 / Corsair Carbide 600t / Seasonic M12II 620w / Asus 24inch LCD / Windows 7 64bit

10+ Year Old Account
    So...much...crying
    Have you hugged a Gnome today?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Quoting myself here... It is as I suspected.. For the 64 bit client users..
    If you happen to have cleaned out your WOW folder, deleting the 32 bit files (scan.dll, battle-net.dll, wow.exe) you are stuck.

After getting them from the other comp and putting em into my wow folder, the updating process started as intended.
    I have tried everything else known to us, but I was missing only wow.exe for some reason. I copied it from my fiance's computer and now it seems to be working like it's supposed to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankennoob View Post
    How dare they include fantastic and mysterious wonders in my fantasy game? All the graphics and story just get in the way of my enjoying optimizing the spreadsheet that defines my character.
    [G] [Ravenwake]: I been loot mastered by kerf for so long, I dont know any other way? is it abuse? is it love? who can tell
    Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:36 am // Symara: I'll tell them Chuck Norris wears Kerfanna Pyjamas.

Hey I got a quick question about it that I hope maybe someone can shed some light on for me. I clicked the WoW icon and it downloaded the new patch and even went through the downloader thing and said it was updated and then closed so I thought it was done and when I re clicked it to check the servers it went through the download process again and when it gets to 100% it just instantly closes and wont play or start.

And no matter how many times I re open it and it downloads it just closes out again instantly afterward. =(

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cslcollins View Post

Do you see a repair.exe in your Wow folder?