Page 39 of 59 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks a lot Odeanathus!

Bought the DPS VP Trinket. The crafted boots will be a bit hard to get... I'm totally broken (was raiding as warlock, had to reroll that prot warr to help the core when our MT left), and my RL wants to SELL ME the Haunting Spirits.. so.. noway at least now... Before I had to tank, my warrior was Mainspec DPS, so I used that +500 STR gem on my 2h Shinka a loong time ago =/////... i'm working on the extra socket right now (missing the BGs). Let's pray to RNG gods drop me some 522 1h next week
    Violence awaits. You can burn with me in hell. Viva la hate!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drugshock View Post
    I used that +500 STR gem on my 2h Shinka a loong time ago =/////
    You can buy a replacement, but honestly I wouldn't spend the money on it either since you're bound to get a weapon for LFR or anything that's better than your current anyhow.

Deleted
    Hello Guys,

i was wondering if going full avoidance is worth a try in 10m normal after hit/exp softcapped.
    Higher uptime of Hold the Line -> rage generation and a viable combination along with the new tier 2p bonus?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tsbgkr View Post
    I was wondering if going full avoidance is worth a try in 10m normal after hit/exp softcapped.
    Higher uptime of Hold the Line -> rage generation and a viable combination along with the new tier 2p bonus?
    Viable, sure. Generally speaking going for more avoidance means you require less healing. However it also means it'll be more spikey to keep you up which in turn makes you "harder" to heal. In a perfect world where all heals land when they should and all big hits are mitigated properly going for avoidance (instead of stamina) after hit & exp cap is the absolute best way to go.

When going for heroic bosses (or even if you're progressing on normals but with lower gear or some less skilled/geared guildmates) you do want a pretty nice solid amount of HP.

Viable yes, optimal on paper but realistically having a solid amount of HP as a buffer makes healers like you more. It's also alot more viable for 10man than it is for 25 man because the big hits just got bigger

Generally speaking i'd just take a healthy mix, When you want to try more avoidance i'd start by using two non stamina trinkets and see how it works out. You can then easily switch back. I prefer running with 1 sta and 1 avoidance trinket (or well, Exp & Str currently in my gearset ) Also ask your healers for their opinion, they need to keep you up afterall.
    Last edited by mmocf1c430c691; 2013-04-11 at 09:16 AM.

Deleted
    When I asked my healers if they had any input on my dmg intake i got this answer:

"I dunno I just heal"

Quote Originally Posted by Zmurf View Post
    When I asked my healers if they had any input on my dmg intake i got this answer:

"I dunno I just heal"
    Which = you're fine.

Quote Originally Posted by idefiler6 View Post
    Which = you're fine.
    ^^LOL right!?

The only times I've had to talk to my tanks about what they are or are not doing is when they're obviously doing something wrong (i.e. going from full health to dead before healing surge finishes casting)

Can anybody make sense of the datamined change to the Shield Slam formula? namely the "gte(level, 85)" part.

[ AP * (gte(Level, 85) * (0.75) + 0.75) + 13,670 ] to [ AP * (gte(Level, 85) * (0.75) + 0.75) + 14,371 ;]

Deleted
    I was wondering that last night and I would *think* it then takes your level * 0.75 then adds another 0.75 ontop of that to become the AP coefficient so from 120% AP at level 90, to 142.5% up from 120% which I would guess would be to fix its scaling at low level for some reason... I have a nagging thought in the back of my head that it might turn out to be a nerf though as this seems too good to be true

Deleted
    (gte(Level, 85) * (0.75) + 0.75)

Yeah I dont have a clue what this means :P
    But it seems like they added a damagerange to it so it would be more random?

Deleted
    Has anyone played around with level 30 talents, and more specifically Impending Victory since 5.2?

Everybody (myself included) seems to just take second wind and forget about it, but is it really the best choice in a raid setup? sure it's godmode in low damage/healing intake situations, but in a raid it's pretty minuscule.

Impending victory is usable above 35% and gives more bursty healing. In terms of hps if you use it on cooldown it's equivalent to a ~16%second wind uptime (probably shouldn't use it on cd, but similarly you shouldn't have 16% 2nd wind uptime). You can also use it in conjunction with Last Stand for even more healing.
    Downsides are rage and GCD cost (1gcd and 10rage), and 2pT15 reduces it's value a bit (I don't have yet though :<)

So yeah, I think i'll try it out next raid, but I'd appreciate if someone who tried it could give his advice on the matter.

edit: @above, i'd read gte(Level,85) as max(Level,85) meaning, if you're under or at lv85 it takes AP * 85 * (0.75) + 0.75), and above it takes AP * (Level) * (0.75) + 0.75), that said, are we sure it's not just a tooltip fix?
    Last edited by mmoca4fdc6f268; 2013-04-12 at 12:09 PM.

Deleted
    (gte(Level, 85) * (0.75) + 0.75)

Yeah I dont have a clue what this means :P
    But it seems like they added a damagerange to it so it would be more random?
    Yeah, I dont see why they would need to add a range though

---------- Post added 2013-04-12 at 01:13 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zulbukh View Post
    edit: @above, i'd read gte(Level,85) as max(Level,85) meaning, if you're under or at lv85 it takes AP * 85 * (0.75) + 0.75), and above it takes AP * (Level) * (0.75) + 0.75), that said, are we sure it's not just a tooltip fix?
    (AP * ((Level) * (0.75) + 0.75))

Fixed, or that would be a significant nerf:P

Deleted
    If that is what it means, which does make sense, then our shieldslams will become quite a bit stronger...

10man tanks could really use that buff though so I welcome it with open arms!

inb4 this was just a tooltip fix >.>

Deleted
    10man tanks could really use that buff though so I welcome it with open arms!

inb4 this was just a tooltip fix >.>
    Ye, i'm kinda thinking the same at the moment... But i never get my hopes up untill i read official patch notes (nor would i get upset with nerfs before they make it to the servers)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Odeanathus View Post
    Ye, i'm kinda thinking the same at the moment... But i never get my hopes up untill i read official patch notes (nor would i get upset with nerfs before they make it to the servers)
    Afaik it's an intended change to reduce prot damage on pvp at low level. Don't know if they want to change anything at 90.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulbukh View Post
    Has anyone played around with level 30 talents, and more specifically Impending Victory since 5.2?
    Got my 2set couple weeks back, specced IV, even tho 10 rage is small, the cost is annoying.(I save BR for ER)
    Never been a fan of 2nd wind in raids due to the 35% req.
    So went back to LS+ER for my ohh shit moments, 2p is bit to inconsistent anyhow to really be depended upon imo.
    I view it as a nice bonus to even the playing field with the other tanks.

Deleted
    I find the 2set most useful when im offtanking and arent taking damage...

Deleted
    I rather have the one with less damage since in dungeons you have sometimes fail healers

Deleted
    Okay, so i've always been a tank that feels our mitigation is job #1 and our DPS is secondary by a long shot.

While I feel this is still true I'm not sure about my rotation while offtanking.

Currently I'm spending rage on Heroic strikes all the time, but i'm wondering if it isn't more efficient to shieldblock to get stronger shieldslams...

Hell maybe this changes based on if you still have vengeance or not...

Can anyone (maybe you Eddy since you're a DPS machine ) enlighten me?

Deleted
    Hey^^
    Yeah, I would suggest definitely not spending rage on Heroic Strike and instead dumping it into Shield Slam for Heavy Repercussions
    Basically just keep your priority exactly the same as you would when main tanking and make sure you intervene on cooldown on your MT (provided there isn't some horrific ability like talon rake incoming) to keep your vengeance rolling