Page 41 of 59 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flawless101 View Post
    So, how are people finding the legendary tanking meta? Noticeable uptime or a case of "if only it had of been up then"?
    It's great, it really is. Up time when solo tanking is pretty decent but it shines when you tank switch and it get's to proc pretty must right at the switch.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmurf View Post
    In addition to that I really doubt anyone stood in eye sore, as mentioned earlier, on their first kill unless the raid as a whole thought that the extra dps would be needed to net them the kill.
    I actually did on our first kill, wasnt neccesary, just whoring (with cooldowns up...)
    With that said, you described pretty well my feelings on it.

I would never risk dying or straining my healers to the point where it becomes problematic.
    but i feel it adds a depth to tanking beyond just standing there taking hits.
    Is it the right depth ? Probably not.
    At times, i feel more like a dps than tank :-/

The only real "issue" i have is actually beating real dps, while certainly fun to do so, it feels "wrong" for lack of a better deskription :-/

Quote Originally Posted by Flawless101 View Post
    So, how are people finding the legendary tanking meta? Noticeable uptime or a case of "if only it had of been up then"?
    I'll probably be taking the DPS meta if it is as high of a DPS gain as I am hearing (10%). Unless tank deaths are an issue I'll be sticking with that.

Deleted
    Tanking one is exceptionally strong and the DPS one provides a nice gain, 6.5-12% depending on how well you are playing (Lower being better)

Deleted
    It performs... as advertised to me, from 27 to 36% uptime on solotank encounters. With Demo shout covering the holes, it ends being really good.

Problem about chooisng is that tank dps is only relevant if damage intake is high, where you will want the tank one. And there is lots of special physical damage this tier. I reckon that I will switch to the dps one on heavy magic damage fights, though.

Deleted
    I'm also considering trying out the dps meta. However this mentality is retarded imo. It's utterly stupid that I as a tank even consider using the DPS meta. Comes right back to the topic discussed on the last page.

The song "Living on the Edge" by Aerosmith instantly comes to my mind... :P

Deleted
    I'm also considering trying out the dps meta. However this mentality is retarded imo. It's utterly stupid that I as a tank even consider using the DPS meta. Comes right back to the topic discussed on the last page.
    It's not living on the edge, if you happen to tank with a paladin (stacking haste) or a monk (who knows how to gear) they dish out insane dps and in 10M they'll top meters on most of the fights, both single and multitarget. Increasing their damage by another 10-15% will increase your raiddps by a noticeable amount.

This is not the story about the /sit command to get the absolute maximum out of your class, just a general observation. Tanks gearing towards dps stats whose can get away with it (due to also increasing their survivability and regulary raidhealing capabilities!) is sadly something we warriors can just dream about.

I for myself will go with the tanking meta, roughly 1/3 uptime seems decent and with all the unblockable physical damage and the small amount of direct heals in my 10M group i'm happy about all damage reduction i can get.
    Last edited by mmoc9d5efa7d44; 2013-04-24 at 12:50 PM.

Deleted

The song "Living on the Edge" by Aerosmith instantly comes to my mind... :P
    I fail to see how its living on the edge. Tanks seem to have been doing fine for years without the proc. You're living on the edge if you're not in def stance, or using all your rage on heroic strike.

Deleted
    Just testing the water here, would there be any interest in some scumbag DPS tanking guides? Please any responses would be appreciated even if its a "no" ^^

Quote Originally Posted by eddytheone View Post
    Just testing the water here, would there be any interest in some scumbag DPS tanking guides? Please any responses would be appreciated even if its a "no" ^^
    If you get into stuff people may not know, like "safe" things to soak, great times to cheese various cooldowns (e.g. can you abuse Ardent Defender on Decapitate?), or just lesser known mechanics then I would absolutely love something like that. Or was it going to be Warrior-centric?

Deleted
    I would. I enjoyed DS + BBing + TCing the raid on spirit kings was a winner.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiqjaq View Post
    If you get into stuff people may not know, like "safe" things to soak, great times to cheese various cooldowns (e.g. can you abuse Ardent Defender on Decapitate?), or just lesser known mechanics then I would absolutely love something like that. Or was it going to be Warrior-centric?
    Was going to just video each boss with fairly safe things to soak yeah, a couple of warrior-centric tips but mostly just safe things to do, like ring soaking on animus :P

Deleted
    Yes plz, doesn't have to be super big, but some inside tips to squeeze out that list bit of dps would be enjoyed by me atleast :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes! Totally!
    Violence awaits. You can burn with me in hell. Viva la hate!

Deleted
    Was going to just video each boss with fairly safe things to soak yeah, a couple of warrior-centric tips but mostly just safe things to do, like ring soaking on animus :P
    Ring soaking... The balls on your sire, are bigger than mine

That said, sure it love a guide on how you do some decent numbers ^^

As for the DPS meta discussion, i might try and get the same helmet for a DPS one for fights where i feel it might be nice. But i surely won't use it as my main meta. I'm with Klaus on the whole i like to mitigate more damage front

I would love a guide.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Odeanathus View Post
    Ring soaking... The balls on your sire, are bigger than mine
    I asked my healers politely if i could soak 1 anima ring and cooldown it, im now nicknamed suicide tank

How big of a dps increase is the dps 2 set for prot ?
    Maybe i just undervalue the 4set prot but it looks so horrible :-/
    Last edited by mmoc51f27689b0; 2013-04-24 at 11:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by santa666 View Post
    I asked my healers politely if i could soak 1 anima ring and cooldown it, im now nicknamed suicide tank

How big of a dps increase is the dps 2 set for prot ?
    Maybe i just undervalue the 4set prot but it looks so horrible :-/
    The DPS 2 set only procs like once per minutes for a tank.

Go for full Heroic Thunderforge offpieces and dont steal tier from healers/DPS. I would go for the DPS 4set before the tank 4set or double 2set.

Deleted
    You can happily soak 3 at once on normal and 1 with a fairly strong CD like last stand on Heroic for a very sizeable DPS increase, 1.8 million dragon roars etc

The DPS 2 set is REALLY nice and would recommend going for it if you can, the 2 set is *alright*, Heroic TF offpieces or DPS set is the way to go tbh
    Recorded a few farm bosses tonight so should be able to edit them together and sort them, want full fights or just sections of tips?

You mean the DPS 4 set is REALLY nice right?