Deleted

Fireball vs Frostfire bolt

Well my raid is tonight and I would rlly like to start using frostfire bolt instead of fireball but I don't want to loose any dps... so my question is quite easy, is frostfire bolt equal with fireball now with the new patch? ^_^

Looking at the tooltips, they are, however you would need to use the FFB glyph to lower the cast time.

10+ Year Old Account
    you have to use the FFB glyph and it is..

If you don't lose any DPS from losing a glyph slot, you are not losing any DPS.
    And even if that was the case, I'd still do the tradeoff.

Deleted
    yup,1.93 on fireball 1,90 on bolt(cast time) the tooltip says that they do the same dmg but i wonder if they dont have different SP scalling

Deleted
    as far as I know they are identical in terms of scaling and damage.

I LOVE having FFB back. throwing around frost bombs, pyroblasts and FFBs makes me really happy.

Deleted
    The thing I am still worrying about is the fact that we will still need to give up a major glyph slot just for aesthetic purposes when we could be using it on a more useful glyph.

Quote Originally Posted by Dither9 View Post
    The thing I am still worrying about is the fact that we will still need to give up a major glyph slot just for aesthetic purposes when we could be using it on a more useful glyph.
    I dont think that even really matters THAT much unless you're super min/maxing. Besides the Combustion glyph and the situational Fire Blast glyph, it's not like there's any other super drastic choices that will cost you enough DPS to make you unviable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dither9 View Post
    it's not 'just' aesthetic. FFB has a slow, FB does not have a slow.
    it has practical applications as a pvp and soloing glyph.

and most glyphs are like this, they ad mechanical and utility changes that are otherwise dps neutral. YOu will not lose a 'valuable' glyph you will merely have to decide which three glyphs are most appropriate to the content you expect to encounter.
    Last edited by Grubjuice; 2012-08-29 at 06:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kind of on the same topic, but how about Frost Bomb vs LB for fire? I raided as frost last night and used Frost Bomb, but our Fire mage last night used LB. Haven't done too much research yet, just want some others personal feedback. Thanks!
    My Armory
    *The Afflicted*
    **US-Greymane, 25 man 5/16 HM, US top 100**
    ***Recruiting core spots for almost every class for MoP***

Personally I like LB better than FB just because of the timing. Refreshing once every 12 seconds is less of a rotation annoyance than once every 8.

Deleted
    I dont think that even really matters THAT much unless you're super min/maxing. Besides the Combustion glyph and the situational Fire Blast glyph, it's not like there's any other super drastic choices that will cost you enough DPS to make you unviable.
    Being in a guild focused on progression, it would be silly not to take every chance you have to perform better. Instead of taking what would only be an aesthetic glyph for the majority of PvE encounters, it would help, however slightly, to take the healing evocation glyph over this as in some occasion sit might even save your life and in other occasions it would greatly help the healers.

Deleted
    As he said, it matters when your min/maxing, trying to get every last pinch of damage out of your character. Nobody said, you have to take it cause it looks pretty.

Deleted
    Min maxing with a 35% buff is really neccesarry. DS heroic is doable in like FL normal gear now, if not plain heroics gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dither9 is probably reffering to min/maxing for MoP progression...not a nerfed raid
    Last edited by Jimm3; 2012-08-30 at 05:02 PM.

Deleted
    I am speaking for our current raid, DS. and yeah i know it's doable in any gear but i am a dps whore so i would not feel good enough if i don't max everything i can no matter what boss/raid i am in

Quote Originally Posted by herlicska View Post
    I am speaking for our current raid, DS. and yeah i know it's doable in any gear but i am a dps whore so i would not feel good enough if i don't max everything i can no matter what boss/raid i am in
    It's also nice to jump in and get your 8/8H clear knocked out in under two hours.

Deleted
    thing is, as a DPS whore, exactly what other 3 glyphs give a DPS increase over FFB?

Fireblast and Combustion are the glyphs that are potential dps increases.

To elaborate further; Combustion only in DS tier gear and then depending on fight length in MoP
    Fire Blast only on AOE fights