Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Hate Crime at MSU

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/...Top+Stories%29

I just dont understand people. At all.

Poor kid was beaten at a party for being Jewish. All the bystanders watched too. I would not just sit there. I really want to be in a situation like this, so id have an excuse to go crazy and beat an ignorant jerk.

*sigh*
    I really don't know how to comment other then *sigh*
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

10+ Year Old Account
    Never liked the term hate crime it just singles people out even more

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    Never liked the term hate crime it just singles people out even more
    What would you like to call it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Omg...that's horrifying. How could people stand around and watch that. I keep pepper spray on my key chain. I would have maced the shit out of them.

And the onlookers for being useless.

That's MSU for ya, actually not really.

Staples in his teeth? I don't even know how someone could think of doing that.

I think maybe the term "Hate Crime", isn't appropriate, but what happened to him and gays is something more than just assault. Hopefully this will bring attention to it.

I'm not surprised nobody did anything, just because I know how college kids are, Especially if this occurred at a frat party. I've had experiences where girls pass out drunk and guys take them into the other room to have sex with them, and their friends do nothing about it.

Wtf did he call a cab for instead of a cop car or an ambulance

Just read the story, fucking disgusting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Damn... just the degree of cruelty is astounding. Staples? Really?

Quote Originally Posted by Degrade View Post

I think maybe the term "Hate Crime", isn't appropriate, but what happened to him and gays is something more than just assault. Hopefully this will bring attention to it.

I'm not surprised nobody did anything, just because I know how college kids are, Especially if this occurred at a frat party. I've had experiences where girls pass out drunk and guys take them into the other room to have sex with them, and their friends do nothing about it.
    Why would they? Girls know what they're getting into when they get drunk at a party. It's not exactly an innocent lifestyle.

On topic though, this is pretty pathetic. I'm sure they'll be Nazi saluting their cell mates pretty soon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    What would you like to call it?
    Assault.

I find it odd they don't have anyone corroborating his story in the article. You'd think the cops would have found someone from the party.
    Last edited by Korgoth; 2012-08-28 at 09:36 PM.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Our country is just not where it needs to be. My generation is terrible. Yesterday, where I live, a 16 year old boy killed a 5 year old girl. Apparently for no reason.

How did he call a cab with his mouth being stapled?

Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    How did he call a cab with his mouth being stapled?
    With 20 people there, you'd think someone would pipe up when the other party pulled out a stapler.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Degrade View Post

Which is currently a crime in the US called "Rape" however if the Republicans get back in they will probably try again to pass the bill that was co-sponsored by Paul Ryan the republican vice presidential candidate which would change the Federal definition of rape to "forcible rape".

The effect of that law change if Americans were ever foolish enough to vote Republican and get it is that what you describe would no longer be the crime of rape because no force was involved. If they also implement their proposed legislation to ban ALL abortions then the woman might be unfortunate enough to be a victim all over again and be forced to give birth to a child of that "no longer a crime" rape.

What manner of cruel and unusual punishment of the innocent is that? Sorry but I cannot understand the level of brain deadening stupidity you need to have to want to punish women in this fashion. Why would any sane person vote for that level of punishment of a woman whose only crime was drinking too much. I understand that these people bible says an eye for an eye but REALLY???

Religion is responsible for a whole lot of hatred and intolerance. Why must such things be absolutes? Surely there are times when a judge could adequately decide that there was mitigating circumstances otherwise its just hate of women.

Seems legit, bet its going turn out like the other hate crimes like the jew who drew swastikas on her dorm door, the lesbian who cut anti gay words into her body, or the muslim family who killed their daughter then tried to frame it like some red neck did it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lansing PD is now claiming the incident was not a hate crime: http://www.washingtonpost.com/nation...00b_story.html

But police in East Lansing said Tuesday the incident probably isn’t a hate crime, and neither police nor Tennen’s statement provided details about the attack, including how many people were present.

East Lansing police did not return several calls from The Associated Press asking for more information. The department’s statement said the assault was “not likely a hate crime,” but did not explain the criteria for classifying a case as a hate crime or why the Tennen assault did not rise to that level.
    Interesting. Now I'm curious what their definition of a hate crime really is.
    Last edited by Talokami; 2012-08-28 at 10:48 PM.
    That fabric softener teddy bear...oooh I'm 'a hunt that little bitch down.

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    Why would they? Girls know what they're getting into when they get drunk at a party. It's not exactly an innocent lifestyle.

On topic though, this is pretty pathetic. I'm sure they'll be Nazi saluting their cell mates pretty soon.
    Girls go to parties to get raped? What?

Quote Originally Posted by Talokami View Post
    Lansing PD is now claiming the incident was not a hate crime: http://www.washingtonpost.com/nation...00b_story.html

Interesting. Now I'm curious what their definition of a hate crime really is.
    I'm guessing we don't have the full story.
    I hope their definition doesn't exclude attacks on Jews.