Thread: Warhammer 40K

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyre Fierceshot View Post
    You're meant to replace it yea and yes, it's a bog standard DP, so if your lord transforms into one... it's a bit of a shitter but when your Cultist turns into one..
    Yeah a cultist sized DP would be utterly hilarious though. Hide it behind trees.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, finally got my airbrushing setup up, will be repainting my rhino first!

10+ Year Old Account
    Went and got a Sternguard kit, I'll take some pics of the other stuff that I have painted up in the meantime at some point soon as well. Thinking about going Heavy Flamer + Meltagun / Two Combi Meltas in the group, do the same thing with another SGV kit and run them in a Metal Bawks of Doom (Rhino). Thoughts on the unit idea?
    VanCleef wants you! Join the Defias Brotherhood and hang out on a yacht all day!

Quote Originally Posted by Pyre Fierceshot View Post
    You're meant to replace it yea and yes, it's a bog standard DP, so if your lord transforms into one... it's a bit of a shitter but when your Cultist turns into one..
    The mark transfers normally. Or so I believe.

http://www.anvilindustry.co.uk/index...ory&path=77_66 These guys do really cool helmets.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Robbyjawz View Post
    Went and got a Sternguard kit, I'll take some pics of the other stuff that I have painted up in the meantime at some point soon as well. Thinking about going Heavy Flamer + Meltagun / Two Combi Meltas in the group, do the same thing with another SGV kit and run them in a Metal Bawks of Doom (Rhino). Thoughts on the unit idea?
    Hmmm... Suicide Sternguards? Maybe a drop pod would be better. Are you running them together, or in 2 groups of 5? Because then a Razorback might be better.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Omnoms View Post
    The mark transfers normally. Or so I believe.

http://www.anvilindustry.co.uk/index...ory&path=77_66 These guys do really cool helmets.
    I like the pumpkin heads. Would make great Halloween conversions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Hmmm... Suicide Sternguards? Maybe a drop pod would be better. Are you running them together, or in 2 groups of 5? Because then a Razorback might be better.
    They will be running together, and not as a suicide FB unit either. They will be more of a take all-comers unit that rolls around the battlefield.

Another thing, it was my birthday yesterday and my oldest brother offered to buy me some GW stuff. I have more than enough Space Marines to field an army right now in many variables, as all told, they likely total above 3000 points. Leaning towards starting something new and a bit different army wise. I like the idea of a more shooty type army, that I can get crazy with the paint scheme, don't care about viability as much as playstyle, because I mean for chrissake: I have a 2000 point BA Jump Pack army that can get wrecked, but I still play them for shits and giggles. Don't know to go for Tau or the Cannon Fodd- I mean Imperial Guar- I mean Astra Militarum. Opinions on both forces?
    VanCleef wants you! Join the Defias Brotherhood and hang out on a yacht all day!

Deleted
    IG Tank army? Tau gun line is pretty boring to wwatch (I've never played it and tend to avoid playing against it )

10+ Year Old Account
    If you want somekind of crazy army, Dark Eldar has some shooty hit and run stuff.

But if you want to choose between IG & Tau... I'd go with Tau. Markerlights are basically an *IWIN* button.

I've been sitting down with my Imperial Fists and debated whether I want to succumb to my chronic disease of rolling plasma 1's... or just run pure bolters and have +1 BS to all bolters...

10+ Year Old Account
    Bolter Drills. I you wanted plasma's you should have went with DA's ;p

Bolter Drills. I you wanted plasma's you should have went with DA's ;p
    Well duh, but that doesn't exclude you from taking a plasma or a melta.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would honestly take Grav Guns instead of Plasmas. With BD you'll be killing anything short of 3+ with the rerollable misses, and Grav doesn't have the chance of assploding and killing your guy (which happens really often). Plus, assuming you're taking a Heavy Bolter as your heavy weapon for Tact squads, you'll take advantage of the Grav's Salvo.

- - - Updated - - -

^.^ got my strikeforce I ordered off Ebay for cheaper!

Only need another assault marine box, a devastator box and a landspeeder until I have 2500 points! So excite.

Deleted
    I can't decide what specials to take on my marines. Since I'm going to get the Crimson Slaughter codex, that boosts my plasma weapons to str 8, which seems like a no brainer but those pesky rolls of 1s make me cry, though meltas are too short range for my regular troops. Since I very rarely assault with my marines (I don't take the extra ccw) flamers are pointless too.

I'm going to run 1 chosen squad of 5 plasmas now though since with Crimson Slaughter for 10pts for 1 squad, you can give them preferred enemy everyone. So don't have to worry about gets hot.

Also need to shift two sets of Emperor's Children Kakophoni, if anyone collects them? They're unbuilt and unpainted.
    Last edited by mmoc233041c6ce; 2014-04-25 at 11:27 AM.

Deleted
    Disaster! my friend who I play warhammer with (and really the only person I share the interest with IRL) has fallen out with his parents, his dad decided the best way to take out his anger would me to smash my friend's entire dark vengeance set along with his 1500 pt IG army

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vellerix View Post
    Disaster! my friend who I play warhammer with (and really the only person I share the interest with IRL) has fallen out with his parents, his dad decided the best way to take out his anger would me to smash my friend's entire dark vengeance set along with his 1500 pt IG army
    D: what. What kind of parents do that, geez. "I'll break all your shit, that'll teach you!"

That's really dumb.

15+ Year Old Account
    Dad used to threaten to take an axe to my PC, so it made me start to imagine what his boat would look like with a few extra speed holes.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope you guys like buying rulebooks, 7th ed is likely coming in May!

Wat.

I hope you guys like buying rulebooks, 7th ed is likely coming in May!

Wat.
    well I'm going to stick to 6th ed. with friends. f'em.

Deleted
    I hope it's the size of the rulebook in DV, otherwise no thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess I should elaborate.

There will be a new hardback like the current 6thed for 7th, with all the rules for vehicles, infantry etc ect, plus some Escalation stuff (rumored)

There will also be a new Starter Set featuring Blood Angels vs Orks(!) will be smaller than DV. Alongside will be a hobby starter kit featuring some orks, a half squad of snap on tact squads, paints, brushes etc.

However, the rulebook for the new set will not be a full rulebook. It'll include rules for infantry and jump infantry but not vehicles, walkers, fliers, psychic powers etc...

A lot of this is still rumors, but it's from the guy that predicted/leaked the past 6 releases correctly

I guess I should elaborate.

There will be a new hardback like the current 6thed for 7th, with all the rules for vehicles, infantry etc ect, plus some Escalation stuff (rumored)

There will also be a new Starter Set featuring Blood Angels vs Orks(!) will be smaller than DV. Alongside will be a hobby starter kit featuring some orks, a half squad of snap on tact squads, paints, brushes etc.

However, the rulebook for the new set will not be a full rulebook. It'll include rules for infantry and jump infantry but not vehicles, walkers, fliers, psychic powers etc...

A lot of this is still rumors, but it's from the guy that predicted/leaked the past 6 releases correctly
    IF this is true, the Ork kit will look interdasting. Been looking for a reason to get into orkz.