Thread: Warhammer 40K

There is a 40k animated serie in the works , trailer will drop at end of the month and episodes 1-6 will drop in march.

Will be about the Blood Angels, i hope its about the devestation of baal with some Nid action.

Hate postning links from my phone but just Google it or check the 40k lore subreddit.

Fucking finally, they also hired the youtuber who made hellsreach.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    There is a 40k animated serie in the works , trailer will drop at end of the month and episodes 1-6 will drop in march.

Will be about the Blood Angels, i hope its about the devestation of baal with some Nid action.

Hate postning links from my phone but just Google it or check the 40k lore subreddit.

Fucking finally, they also hired the youtuber who made hellsreach.
    Blood Angels you say?

Now you have my attention.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    Blood Angels you say?

Now you have my attention.
    Hope they have characters like Mephiston and Dante in there, also show us some black rage stuff.

is it better then wahammer fantasy?

Quote Originally Posted by djshad View Post
    The scale of 40k is insane probably the most fleshed out setting.

Depends if you enjoy sci fi more then fantasy though.

Buy a novel and see if you enjoy it, or look at youtube lore videos something there is tons and tons of.

Like any shared universe, the quality fluctuates with each entry. Some entries in the 40k universe are great (such as the Dan Abnett novels), others can be bad. The tone also fluctuates depending on the entry, with some stories being oppressively grimdark while others have a more optimistic tone.

If you had to read any books, I'd recommend that you read the Eisenhorn saga by Dan Abnett. It starts with the Eisenhorn trilogy, following the titular inquisitor as he ruthlessly pursues heretics across the galaxy. This leads into the Ravenor trilogy, which follows the titular and far more compassionate apprentice of Eisenhorn, who is probably one of the few morally upstanding characters in the entire series. This then culminates in the Bequin trilogy, but I won't say what it's about because the premise spoils the direction the saga is heading in.

The fact that this was made is incredible.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post

The fact that this was made is incredible.
    Voice actors must of had a good time on that

So what do you think of the whole Psychic Awakening going on right now? codex updates for all armies or well they call it Codex Supplement's, lore is moving forward very nicely and loads of good stuff on the way for 40K.

Some info on the new lore that they have been working on for the last 2 years.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/40kLore/com...hic_awakening/

-They have been working on it for 2 years.

-The idea of the psychic awakening has been in the background for ages. Humanity as a whole is evolving into a psyker species.

-The Emperor foresaw this and knew that if left uncontrolled humanity will suffer the same fate as the Aeldari. The only difference is that the Aeldari weren't that populace and were concentrated in one part of the galaxy. Their Fall created the Eye of Terror. Humanity is more numerous than the Pre-Fall Aeldari and they are spread across the galaxy. Their Fall will be far greater in scale and magnitude.

-The Great Rift caused an increased rate of psyker births

-The goal of the project in the coming months is to give all the selected factions rule updates, lore content, and/or models in a condensed manner. It won't be like the other events where two or three factions are involved and the others get nothing.

-The whole event is meant to show the effect of the Great Rift birth and the rampant psychic awakening on the various factions. Basically, what were they up to during the Great Rift formation and the Indomintus crusade. Jeeezz, it's not lore progression, it's goddamn filler!

-The rule ideas that they didn't think of when writing the earlier codexes, will be featured in this event. It's their chance to inject some pizzazz into these factions.

-You won't be able to guess what each faction will get. The studio guys will do different approaches. Be more creative with things.

-The majority of the Drukhari and the Asuryani don't want anything to do with the Ynnari. The Ynnari are causing more divisiveness in Aeldari culture rather than more unity.

-The Pheonix Lords have cautiously allied with the Ynnari.

-The Aeldari, humanity, and the T'au represent three stages of 40K galactic nation evolution. The Aeldari are the future (The Fall), humanity is the present (the journey), and the T'au are in the same spot humanity was before the DAoT (the start). Humanity is walking in the footsteps of the Aeldari while the T'au, in turn, are walking in the footsteps of mankind. The Aeldari know well where this path leads, where humanity and the T'au are heading, so they can try to guide the future.

-The Asuryani are not the good guys. They are manipulative and are just out for themselves. But they are civil in the way they do their things.

-The events of the Psychic Awakening are all happening at the same time.

-The Psychic Awakening will be a big and long-running event that will be the focus of many books and content for a long while

-Humanity's psychic evolution began before the birth of the Great Rift. It hastened with the Great Rift. And will continue on until either somebody figures out a way to stop humanity from evolving into psykers, or all humans become psykers and blow up the galaxy.

-The Indomintus Crusade (The 100 years that it was active) will be explored and detailed for a long time. The Horus Hersey and its 7 years was a subject for a lot of content. The 100 years of the Indomintus Crusade will keep GW and the playerbase busy for way longer. REJOICE! The Psychic Awakening is just the start of the exploration of that era.

-The way GW handles AoS and 40K storytelling differently. AoS is an episodic setting that has its lore expanded and progressed with each release. AoS follows a linear storyline. 40K storytelling revolves around creating a big backdrop and then sprinkling it with stories and also give the fans the option of using the backdrop to tell their own stories. What they did in 8th ED is just repainting the backdrop. Though there are ongoing narrative arcs, GW is not interested in telling a linear ongoing story in 40K.

-Another goal of this event is to show how large the galaxy is.

So much epicness and the lore is acually and have been moving forward for a while now, just a couple years back the lore did not move at all but since Robute Guillimans return shit is going down and i love it.

I cant wait for the Blood Angels Codex as i will start to paint The Flesh Tearers with Gabriel Seth leading them ( my first attemt at painting btw so well see how that looks haha) btw new models looks insane. Was gonna buy the older codex but as i heard this i think i wait. No one knows in what order they come in though, will also be limited editions but they sell out instantly lol as the White scars and the Ultramarines preorders did.

Btw i recommend everyone to read or listen to The Devestation of Baal, one of my all time favorites it's just epic on a massive scale and we see alot of Flesh Tearer action RIP AND TEAR imagine calling on those for help or better yet watching them fall to the black rage and/or the red thirst while your next to them, that and people must think it's chaos same with for example the black dragons they look more chaos then loyalists.

Just look at that cover with Dante on it, a preview.
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2019-10-16 at 07:56 PM.

I played back then Dark Angels in the 90's, before they got a fluff revamp and were tied directly to mister Lucifer (but don't tell). And before that Eldar w/Eagles Born of Fire and Alaitoc.
    Cheers

WFB is the only Fantasy. Not that Age of Sigmar crap.

Can't tell you since WFB isn't around really anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    WFB is the only Fantasy. Not that Age of Sigmar crap.

Can't tell you since WFB isn't around really anymore.
    4ed WFR is still there though (2020)
    https://www.cubicle7games.com/our-ga...sy-roleplay-2/
    Yeah WFB is no more

Quote Originally Posted by Aleax View Post
    4ed WFR is still there though (2020)
    https://www.cubicle7games.com/our-ga...sy-roleplay-2/
    Yeah WFB is no more
    It is returning with the old world, will take some time though. Will be set during the Age of Three Emperors also called the Age of War.

Bump

Any of you old warhammer players around or any new ones maybe?

I'm currently just finishing painting a small Skaven army for Age of Sigmar, what is everyone else up to?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by caractacus View Post
    Bump

Any of you old warhammer players around or any new ones maybe?

I'm currently just finishing painting a small Skaven army for Age of Sigmar, what is everyone else up to?
    Painting mostly horus heresy stuff now, waiting for the old world for fantasy

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Painting mostly horus heresy stuff now, waiting for the old world for fantasy
    Were you tempted by leviathan? I must say I was, a lot of value in that box but I just have too much sitting around already that needs to be built and painted haha

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by caractacus View Post
    Were you tempted by leviathan? I must say I was, a lot of value in that box but I just have too much sitting around already that needs to be built and painted haha
    40K proper hasn't tempted me in a while tbh. I generally dislike the aesthetics of primaris, and the ruleset has been degrading every edition it feels. 30K got it right by adapting 7th ed

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    40K proper hasn't tempted me in a while tbh. I generally dislike the aesthetics of primaris, and the ruleset has been degrading every edition it feels. 30K got it right by adapting 7th ed
    I haven't played any games for years now, mainly just been painting, I'm hoping to try and get a few games of age of sigmar soon although i did play a few games of it when it first came out.

I would like to get some 30k stuff just to paint but need more money and more space really to justify making any new purchases.