Deleted

BM 5.0.4: Murder of Crows, Blink Strike or Lynx Rush?

Hey guys!

I've always had BM as my off-spec for soloing, since it's my favorite. I'm very eager that BM is finally competitive (or the best of specs, even), but I can't seem to get my head around the 3 lvl75 talents. I'm currently going with Murder of Crows since it does seem to do quite high damage.

Has any of you tested and compared the three on single target? Does Lynx Rush work like the combat rogue spell (eg hits same target multiple times if there's only 1?), and is it a DPS boost for BM compared to MoC? What role does Blink Strike play in all of this? 600% dmg on a cooldown does seem nice but compared to the other 2?

Cheers

haven,t tried BM but here's what I know

Lynx Rush is like combat rogue, it will jump on the same target, unless it changed. I think MoC is the best DPS right now overall, but this might not be true for BM has BM might affect the other spells (it definatly doesn't affect MoC). Blink strike isn't very good right now because of the low cooldown, it does great dps by its own, but you will have to spend a GCD very often and lose dps on your normal rotation.
    Last edited by Bisso; 2012-08-29 at 03:25 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    tried it out yesterday, lynx rush works alot better for BM. MoC is hands down the best talent for surv. Blink strike is as the poster said above me, loss of DPS, waste of a GCD

Stood in the Fire Static Transit's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I personally do like Blink Strike, as it lets a stealthed pet get to the enemy easily. It also makes for some very easy target switching. Also, BM has been competitive this whole patch, really. Don't know why everyone thinks Survival is SOOO much better.

The way I understand it, Lynx Rush is the best since it benefits from your mastery. Unless they've changed Murder of Crows to also benefit from mastery, I'd say Lynx Rush is the best.

EDIT: And yes, Lynx Rush works like Killing Spree, where it will attack the same target over and over if there are no others.
    Last edited by Static Transit; 2012-08-29 at 04:08 PM.

Lynx rush as BM, MoC as anything else. Blind Strike is sadly worthless. I liked the idea of having a pet shadowstep, but its way to weak to compete with the other 2 options.
    Last edited by GrieverXIII; 2012-08-29 at 04:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Static Transit View Post
    I personally do like Blink Strike, as it lets a stealthed pet get to the enemy easily. It also makes for some very easy target switching. Also, BM has been competitive this whole patch, really. Don't know why everyone thinks Survival is SOOO much better.

The way I understand it, Lynx Rush is the best since it benefits from your mastery. Unless they've changed Murder of Crows to also benefit from mastery, I'd say Lynx Rush is the best.

EDIT: And yes, Lynx Rush works like Killing Spree, where it will attack the same target over and over if there are no others.
    I didn't say Survival was better, I think BM remains today the theorycrafting best choice for DPS. I play survival cause I love it.

Everything I've seen and heard says Lynx Rush.
    He is the life of guilds he has never joined.
    He once had a noobish moment- just to see what it felt like.
    If he were to beat you in a duel, you would have to fight the strong urge to thank him.
    The Lunar Elders have a holiday in which they honor him.
    He can speak Darnassian. In Orcish.
    He is: The Most Interesting Man in the World of Warcraft.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Surgeon View Post
    Everything I've seen and heard says Lynx Rush.
    Not as SV (and probably not as MM either, honestly haven't look much into it tough, its so pathetically behind, its a waste of time to bother with the spec atm.)

Quote Originally Posted by Zergal View Post
    Not as SV (and probably not as MM either, honestly haven't look much into it tough, its so pathetically behind, its a waste of time to bother with the spec atm.)
    But the thread is asking specifically about BM, and in relevance to the thread Lynx Rush is the answer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lynx Rush and macro it to use that ferocity pet AP cooldown (i can't remember the name but it has a CD just shy of 1.5 minutes so it lines up with Lynx Rush

---------- Post added 2012-08-29 at 02:29 PM ----------

Rabid ! that's what it's called. Macro Rabid into Lynx Rush.

10+ Year Old Account
    On my personal dps meter and testing I got more solid dps out of a 15 minute cycle from Blink Strike as a BM hunter. Blink Strike being a 20sec CD vs Linx Rush being 1.5 minute. As long as I hit BS every 20 seconds perfectly, it was amazing. For my testing I was using a wolf speced as ferocity.

Now what I am having a problem with is finding more keybinds for Blink Strike, Dire Beast, and Exhilaration. We already have a ton of keybinds in order to play a hunter successfully in pvp. Adding 3 more is challenging. If I decide to stick with MoP instead of making my permanent home GW2, then I will have to invest in a Naga.

Actually I believe as of the last testing, for single target purposes at least, blink strike is highest for BM. Surprising, I know, but it's because it has a short CD, and provides a 600% damage boost to your pets next attack. And it can be used even if the pet is already on target. Reason it's best is because as BM our pets are doing a huge portion of our damage right now (something like 45%). We haven't seen pet damage percentage that high since early Wrath.

Of course this was all done at level 90 in beta, so YMMV on live currently. I actually grabbed blink strike for my leveling purposes, as I feel I'm likely to get the most use out of it. Anything that gets my pet on target and more damage into the mob faster is fine by me. It was a tough choice between that and lynx rush, which is just plain awesome. The CD on rush turned me off for now. I think Crows is the coolest of the 3 stylistically, but with it's high cost and long duration, it's really best used against bosses or hearty pvp targets.
    - The Hunter's Creed -
    "This is my pet. There are many others like him, but this one is mine. He is my best friend. He is my life. I must master him as I master my life.
    My pet, without me, is useless. Without my pet, I am useless."

i find it lynx rush better since it cost no focus while moc cost murder and last 20 sec.

I don't agree that Blink Strike is useless. That may be true for Max DPS in PVE or hardcore PVP, but I was tooling around with different builds last night and found it to be a huge plus while farming Isle of Conquest wins. Blink Strike single-handedly makes moves like Ankle Crank (which are good, but require your pet to be right up on someone) a breeze to maintain constantly. It's beautiful for closing gaps between two targets as one dies. And it's even better for popping out of Camo when someone goes to cap a flag and getting your pet right up on them before they have a chance to realize what's happening.

It's really nice to have an extra, costless button that is up so often. If I'm put in a position where I need to eek out a tad bit more damage to put someone into Kill Shot range, I can Blink Strike them rather than have to mess with Cobra/Steady (assuming lack of Focus).

Not saying it's the best thing ever, but I'd suggest at least giving it a shot in some different situations before writing it off entirely. I keep thinking I want one talent and end up loving another. Experiment, experiment, experiment!

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice