Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Only ~4 months till Christmas!

Are you as insane as me? Does that fresh chill of Autumn wind that marks the end of summer bring about your longing for Christmas cheer and holly?

I'm already listening to Christmas music and planning my decorations!

Deleted
    I'm going to stay away form as much christmassy stuff as possible this year as well. To me all decorations and music are coming way to early. I'd rather it all began at the first advent. But stores are preparing at the end of september/beginning of october.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo Risin View Post
    Are you as insane as me? Does that fresh chill of Autumn wind that marks the end of summer bring about your longing for Christmas cheer and holly?

Nice! You're like my sister. She has an almost pathological attraction to Halloween, and emails me updates and pictures of her plans for her decorations, that she builds in her basement and garage starting like 2 months before.

I wish it was chilly. It is just as hot as ever. I love the cold.

Not really big on Christmas, but its good to see the family and as noted, I love the cold.

Deleted
    "Fresh chill of autumn"?
    *checks outside

Nope, still sunny and 25c out here in Europe...

Deleted
    is it me or has this year just flown?

Deleted
    Sitting in the 23 degree(Celsius) hot morning sun and looking at the summer birds chirping and playing. Needless to say, Christmas isn't really on my mind this time of year.

Deleted
    Well, I do spend the summer back home in Scandinavia, so autumn comes earlier here. I can imagine it's a little bit different in the US and southern Europe!

Quote Originally Posted by Merkava View Post
    Nice! You're like my sister. She has an almost pathological attraction to Halloween, and emails me updates and pictures of her plans for her decorations, that she builds in her basement and garage starting like 2 months before.
    She sounds awesome, then!!

Quote Originally Posted by fenixdown14 View Post
    is it me or has this year just flown?
    Indeed it has, like every year. Well to be fair there's still 1/3 of the year to go, but yeah.

10+ Year Old Account

Just recently I started thinking a lot about Christmas. I'm excited to go back to Minnesota and enjoy a (hopefully) snow blanketed Christmas!!
    So excited!

Usually I don't bother with generalizations but you must be a woman.

Deleted
    Well, I do spend the summer back home in Scandinavia, so autumn comes earlier here. I can imagine it's a little bit different in the US and southern Europe!
    Where in Scandinavia do you visit? 3 days marches north of the pole circle ? xD
    In Southern/middle Sweden summer is still in full swing and no sign of autumn can be seen. :P
    Last edited by mmoc098be2d235; 2012-08-29 at 08:21 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    Usually I don't bother with generalizations but you must be a woman.
    Haha, that's quite the generalization! Nope, I'm just an insane dude who loves Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeavline View Post
    Where in Scandinavia do you visit? 3 days marches north of the pole circle ? xD
    In Southern/middle Sweden summer is still in full swing and no sign of autumn can be seen. :P
    Halmstad, on the southwestern coast of Sweden. Well, it's still green outside and by day it can get quite hot on some days - but the air has certainly shifted and the foliage is increasingly turning yellowish. Also, the apples are ripe and the harvests are being brought in!

Well, the autumn air is particularly noticeable in the morning, I should say. Around midday not so much, yet.
    Last edited by mmocf747bdc2eb; 2012-08-29 at 08:25 AM.

Heard a Christmas advert on the Radio yesterday. I've no issue with the celebration of Christmas, family coming together and having a good time, but I loathe it when shops start playing Christmas music in September and when people have their decorations up in October...

I don't wanna troll this thread but it makes me sad that hypocrisy of some people in mmo-c. They were crying about religious stuff is not allowed in mmo-c and talking about how it offends them. Don't get me wrong I have no problem with your celebration and happy Christmas in advance but its just sad that they only pop and cry about Muslim celebrations.

Deleted
    Halmstad, on the southwestern coast of Sweden. Well, it's still green outside and by day it can get quite hot on some days - but the air has certainly shifted and the foliage is increasingly turning yellowish. Also, the apples are ripe and the harvests are being brought in!

Well, the autumn air is particularly noticeable in the morning, I should say. Around midday not so much, yet.
    Oh yeah the west coast and north sea air
    I live in Norrköping, it's a bit further up north but we're not subject to those nasty coast winds so guess we have summer a bit longer as a result.
    Last edited by mmoc098be2d235; 2012-08-29 at 08:30 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    I don't wanna troll this thread but it makes me sad that hypocrisy of some people in mmo-c. They were crying about religious stuff is not allowed in mmo-c and talking about how it offends them. Don't get me wrong I have no problem with your celebration and happy Christmas in advance but its just sad that they only pop and cry about Muslim celebrations.
    Well, I don't view Christmas as a religious holiday, nor do I celebrate Christmas as the supposed birth of Jesus.
    I, and I'm sure most people, celebrate it because it's cosy, an opportunity to meet framily and friends, and stuff yourself with delicious food without feeling guilty.
    Who can resist those colourful lights and the snow? I mean come on! xD

Quote Originally Posted by Jeavline View Post
    Oh yeah the west coast and north sea air
    I live in Norrköping, it's a bit further up north but we're not subject to those nasty coast winds so guess we have summer a bit longer as a result.
    Ah, that explains it! Well, I don't mind summer passing to be honest. It's been raining most of the time anyways.
    Last edited by mmocf747bdc2eb; 2012-08-29 at 08:34 AM.

Deleted
    summer has been pretty shitty anyway so yea i cant wait for christmas

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnowo View Post
    "Fresh chill of autumn"?
    *checks outside

Nope, still sunny and 25c out here in Europe...
    This, except 95F (i think that's more like 30ish c)
    Theron/Bloodwatcher 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by Alsompr View Post
    Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

I'm like M. Night fucking Shamylan.

Ill be moving out in January - so for the first time in years i actually have a long list of wishes for christmas

15+ Year Old Account
    Christmas dinners /drool
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s