Page 50 of 110 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Can anybody give me some tips on how to solo 25nm Saurfang in ICC. I've tried it a few times but me and my voidlord just get destroyed relatively quickly

I'm currently 488 ilvl destro, should I be speccing into Soul Link, or would it be easier to try out affliction for SB: Health Funnel?

Any help would be appreciated, Thanks!

Deleted
    As destro you need Soul Link. It hugely reduces the dmg your pet takes (splitting it with you), thus allowing to keep his Soul Leech shield up the whole time, granting a permanent Void Shield - 60% dmg reduction.
    Otherwise you can try it as affliction with the 30% dmg reduc from SB:HF, but I prefer destro.

And make sure you are keeping CoEn up on him.
    Warlock Soloing & Progress | FC: 4141-3143-3405 | Metang, Mawile, and Klefki

Awesome! Thanks for the tips. I'll have to give it a few more tries tonight once I get off work

Deleted
    Thanks jaymzkerten and Ysen for your replies, I have affliction as OS incase I get stuck (I prefer destro though)

First time I killed him I did it as afflic, it's definitely harder but I think I still 1 shot the fight. Just use the beasts to get tons of free shards.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymzkerten View Post
    First time I killed him I did it as afflic, it's definitely harder but I think I still 1 shot the fight. Just use the beasts to get tons of free shards.
    I tried him on 25 Heroic yesterday, only for two pulls before I decided to move on, but wow, he hits like a fucking train. He's stuck on 100 energy at like 50% and absolutely wrecking my pet ;<

So T11 (10N) is pretty attainable now? I lack both the hat and the shoulders so will have to clear both BoT and BWD. I believe T4W end boss drops both of those as well but Conclave isn't solo able yet, or is the spreadsheet out of date? Regardless I think it is a rarer drop. 10N T12 isn't attainable yet, due to Majordomo not being solo able? I probably need to gear up a bit more regardless, only in the low 490s. Though I'm Affliction now I'll likely respect Destruction for soloing as the consensus seems to be that is the way to go. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by BigWeather View Post
    So T11 (10N) is pretty attainable now? I lack both the hat and the shoulders so will have to clear both BoT and BWD. I believe T4W end boss drops both of those as well but Conclave isn't solo able yet, or is the spreadsheet out of date? Regardless I think it is a rarer drop. 10N T12 isn't attainable yet, due to Majordomo not being solo able? I probably need to gear up a bit more regardless, only in the low 490s. Though I'm Affliction now I'll likely respect Destruction for soloing as the consensus seems to be that is the way to go. Thanks!

Only Melee classes can do Conclave, and it will likely stay that way for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Teye View Post
    Only Melee classes can do Conclave, and it will likely stay that way for a long time.
    Ah, ok. BoT and BWD it is for the T11 hat and helm. I'll work on gearing up some more (only in the low 490s now). Thanks!

Deleted
    I managed to kill one of the three Conclave bosses, but still far from being able to solo the whole encounter.
    Easy for melee classes as they can ignore the silence and the haste reduction (some of them at least)

I'm having trouble with the trash before Atramedes, I went BWD first time to get rid of boredom, one shotted Magmaw, Omnotron, Maloriak it was easier than I thought than I crashed on Atramedes trash. I had no way to break Execution Sentence ability, I read that if casting npc takes 1m damage in 20 seconds, cast breaks but I have no idea to do it.

How is Patchwerk 25? Does he still hit like a truck?

Quote Originally Posted by Sifonology View Post
    I'm having trouble with the trash before Atramedes, I went BWD first time to get rid of boredom, one shotted Magmaw, Omnotron, Maloriak it was easier than I thought than I crashed on Atramedes trash. I had no way to break Execution Sentence ability, I read that if casting npc takes 1m damage in 20 seconds, cast breaks but I have no idea to do it.
    If I remember correctly he won't cast it on his current target (tank) so just make sure you tank at least that add yourself while your void tanks the rest, or go without void.

You can also kite them around Nefarian's pit area and not even get Sentenced. But once I learned that Execution Sentence is anything but (it only hits for like 100k), you don't need to worry about it.

You folks use 2pc T5 still for the older content soloing? I use it still for Warbringers and still keep up a hefty 90k or so with it on but not sure how much of the cata content is worth using it still.

Deleted
    The 2PT5 was somewhat useful for fights where survability was more important than dps (no enrage timer, I remember using it for Omnotron 10m back in the days, or LK10HC thanks to the +30% ICC healing buff) because with Soul Link it was a full "15% of your damage to healing" bonus, but the stats loss was huge (and even worst the better gear you have).
    Now with the Destro/Soul Leech way of soloing, more dps = more survability through Soul Leech so using the T5 is really not worth it anymore.
    Last edited by mmoc79b51183ff; 2013-05-21 at 05:55 PM.

Are hunters or warlocks better at soloing?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Strafer View Post
    How is Patchwerk 25? Does he still hit like a truck?
    Yeah he does. Trashes your demon in a few hits too. It's not really hard using a far away demonic gateway+ lots of resummons. It's just a bit annoying imo. But it can be done with relative ease.

Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    Are hunters or warlocks better at soloing?
    Probably about the same, maybe favoring destro locks a bit more on fights with lots of adds for infinite embers.