Page 78 of 110 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Yea I thought so Aminally^^ just finished all of ToGC 25 including Anub'arak. Just had to time it right with adds and transition.

How do you do thorim post 5.4? Every time i get him to jump down he just despawns

If he's just despawning you are engaging him too soon, you have to time it just right (I believe he becomes attackable when "Sif" starts to say, "Thorim, my lord, why else would these invaders have come into your sanctum but to slay you? They must be stopped!").

If you are doing it on 25 man it is going to be much harder than 10 man as the window for when he becomes attackable and when he nukes the tunnel is much smaller than on 10. It *is* doable but unless you are after a specific item from him on 25 man it's much less of a hassle to just switch to 10 and kill him.
    Last edited by jaymzkerten; 2013-11-07 at 03:13 PM.
    Warlock Soloing & Progress | FC: 4141-3143-3405 | Metang, Mawile, and Klefki

Thank you, you were exactly right. Too sooon....I was attacking him tooooo sooooooooon.

By lightning be purged!
    ;P

Deleted
    Hi everybody,

I told myself today that 560 ilvl is quite enough to solo some old raid and decided to rush for Yogg0 25 since the insanity is no longer an issue.
    I cleaned everything on 10m then switched in 25m and I figured out this boss is a pain in the a**

I played as destro, GoSup, Soul Link, flask and food. My main problem was the constricting tentacles that just kept spawning at an amazing rates. I just could not free myself fast enough from them with RoF and then I'm late on other tentacles, another constricting spawns and then it's a whole mess. I am constantly stunned, feared etc because of the corrupted ones and I have the debuff -20% dmg from the big ones.

This is even more complicated when the tentacles spawns at various location ( I already had one east, the other west and one north that could not be reached ).

Does anybody has tips on this encounter ? All the videos i've seen on youtube show a pre-nerf PoV and it seems that constricting do not spawn as fast as on my character ( or maybe I am overreacting :/)

Thanks guys
    Last edited by mmoc1eacb99b99; 2013-11-08 at 07:33 PM.

Use pet. He can rescue you. Use portals to quickly access far reaches of the field. You can even summon your doomguard to make second phase easier, since brain-phase is easy enough even w/o him. Your main goal is to minimize number of corrupted tentacles, so you can place your pet on them, instead. With haste-reforge pet seems to have close to 40k DPS on your ilvl which is good enough for tentacle-burning/freeing yourself from constricting ones. You can even go GoServ to have two pets for second phase.

Affli seems better suited for this fight 'cause of huge dots, though third phase is a bit easier if you're destro and you're new to the fight 'cause you can AoE adds for embers and SB Yogg till he's dead.

Well, this is my animus's best try so far, currently looking for a way to increase apotheosis damage for around 20-25%, any advice would be great.

Conditions:
    drain-life spamming for around 90% of time to survive
    Dark soul is mostly a defensive cooldown here and so is +25%haste drums.
    i can only leave tank stance for very small amount of time or i would get raped =(
    full-haste 574 ilvl gear.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/MrSmallBody/videos - Warlock soloing & other stuff

Well, there actually are some tricky things =) Initial anima doesn't reach all small golems simultaneously, so that leaves a small window to drop 4 anima into nothing. And since DA encounter has exactly 100 anima on normal, you leave only 96 anima for DA itself=) This is an exploit somehow, but it's actually how the encounter works, so i think i can use it, besides it's still pretty hard to execute.

10+ Year Old Account
    25m Argaloth down video uploading now. My tunnel vision on execute almost lost it for me.

Edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JJFmSuvS4U

Kill is last 5 minutes
    Last edited by dawawe; 2013-11-10 at 05:26 PM.

Hm. Is it possible to kite Animus around a bit using twin-portal (i.e. portalling to your gate + using gate)? If it is, you can probably win some time for more potent attacks than LD.

Quote Originally Posted by Aminally View Post
    Hm. Is it possible to kite Animus around a bit using twin-portal (i.e. portalling to your gate + using gate)? If it is, you can probably win some time for more potent attacks than LD.
    Good idea, could possibly work with proper timing, but only for the last 20-30 seconds of the fight (because I need demonic circle to survive anima rings)

Also glyph of the imps. Since gate drop your aggro 5+ imps can save some time.

Quote Originally Posted by Morry View Post
    Also glyph of the imps. Since gate drop your aggro 5+ imps can save some time.
    Gate doesn't drop threat anymore since 5.4.

Glyph would certainly be a nice dps boost (because i lose a lot of time with demonic calling buff spamming drain life), but there are 3 mandatory glyphs (circle glyph, apotheosis and drain life). And yes, gates don't drop threat anymore =(

Quote Originally Posted by Small snowball View Post
    Glyph would certainly be a nice dps boost (because i lose a lot of time with demonic calling buff spamming drain life), but there are 3 mandatory glyphs (circle glyph, apotheosis and drain life). And yes, gates don't drop threat anymore =(
    Every time I see that you've posted in this thread I hope it because Dark Animus is dead, still waiting.
    GL

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone done Varian Wrynn yet? In stormwind? Just went there for the achievement, and decided I could try to solo while team was assembling. Got him to 79% without any assistance (no food buff, flask, buffs from other sources than DI), when the first warrior came, got him to 75% before the first healer came. After that the rest of the ~10-15 people in raid started showing up and we killed him. My voidlord was tanking the entire fight.

This was in 556 ilvl with ~200k dummy dps over ~20 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Fungj View Post
    Every time I see that you've posted in this thread I hope it because Dark Animus is dead, still waiting.
    GL
    Sorry, but I doubt I could try him this week =( I don't see now how to kill him before enrage with my gear, so I need to wait until garrosh's death and heroic black blood, revelations, etc. Anyway, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by xytech View Post
    Anyone done Varian Wrynn yet? In stormwind? Just went there for the achievement, and decided I could try to solo while team was assembling. Got him to 79% without any assistance (no food buff, flask, buffs from other sources than DI), when the first warrior came, got him to 75% before the first healer came. After that the rest of the ~10-15 people in raid started showing up and we killed him. My voidlord was tanking the entire fight.

This was in 556 ilvl with ~200k dummy dps over ~20 minutes.
    I believe I remember in Cata someone soloed him (level 85 Varian as a level 85), but you're the first person reporting anything on the level 90 version.

Just checked alliance faction leaders, very easy fights, soloed velen with zero problems, but failed on wrynn because of the alliance players