Page 1 of 10
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Dating a shy girl

I feel that asking a forum on a website dedicated to video games probably isn't the best idea, but I can't think of anywhere else to ask this.

I met this girl at my new job, she's extremely quiet and subdued and i've been interested in her from the beginning, I tried breaking the ice with her a few times on facebook with the help of a female friend and it worked well.

I finally found out a little bit about her and her hobbies and she suggested we go bike riding which actually surprised me, so I went on this short bike ride and got to know more about her and her family, a day later if she'd like to go to the cinemas or something, to which she suggested we walk her adoptive dog instead, I did that and it went quite well as it was just me and her talking for an hour and a half on this walk, I also met her family when I went back to her house for a little while, we also decided we should go out for a drink a few days later (An hours time, infact).

Now, my female friend said that she's more than likely interested in me, as i've shown interest in her and let her control the situations and places we've met, but I honestly can't tell if she is actually interested, I was hoping to figure out properly when we meet for a few drinks in an hours time.

This part is up to you guys because i've honestly no idea how to approach this whole thing, we're going out for a meal and a few drinks in a pub, but i've no idea what kind of things to talk about and discuss, even moreso when it comes to figuring out if she actually likes me.

So, people of MMO-Champion, have you any ideas?
    I want to avoid being friendzoned if it's possible, but because she's so shy it's incredibly hard to tell.

Deleted
    Go for a nice meal and a few drinks, then ask if she is interested in a relationship with you, it is that simple.

Deleted
    go in for the kiss and see what happens, don't overdo it just a quick gentle kiss and back off again, talk about your hobbies, your goals and aims in life, women like men with concrete plans
    Last edited by mmocb78b025c1c; 2014-05-12 at 03:25 PM.

Deleted
    i didnt read your post but i have some sound advice: invite her to a cheese and wine tasting event in your locale - it will rock her socks.

she suggested going out with you - you already have an in, dude. work from that.

it sounds like she's interested in you but leaving it up to you to make the first move. depending on how the bar date goes, go in for a kiss at the end of the night.

Be sure to ask about her family and relationship with relatives/friends. If she has a bad relationship with all of them, then she's shy because she's insecure and feels unloved. Don't date chicks who are insecure and unloved, because that means they're needy. Just speaking from experience cuz I date shy gals all the time and needy chicks are not the business.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suffer the Consequences View Post
    Gender is irrelevant. Everyone has a penis in video games, and it is measured purely on skill. Mionelol's cock is massive.

Sounds to me like she likes you man, if she didn't she probably wouldn't have gone out to the first two events with you. I would be upfront and honest about your intentions with her due to her having a more passive tendency, people like that like to know information ahead of time so they can better ready themselves for what comes next.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardkorr View Post
    Be sure to ask about her family and relationship with relatives/friends. If she has a bad relationship with all of them, then she's shy because she's insecure and feels unloved. Don't date chicks who are insecure and unloved, because that means they're needy. Just speaking from experience cuz I date shy gals all the time and needy chicks are not the business.
    what's wrong with 'needy' women? not everybody grows up in a nice family, doesn't mean you can't be a loving and caring partner

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Martyn 470 View Post
    I feel that asking a forum on a website dedicated to video games probably isn't the best idea, but I can't think of anywhere else to ask this.
    I feel like saying that is just insulting everyone on this site, as if none of use have good love lives or something. Stop contributing to stereotypes.

On Topic: If you have to struggle for conversation, it probably isn't a good match. It should come naturally.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    I feel like saying that is just insulting everyone on this site, as if none of use have good love lives or something. Stop contributing to stereotypes.
    every stereotype has some truth to it :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Go by her pace but show that you are still interested. Don't try to take charge of the situation. And be thankful you found a shy one. Those are entirely too rare.

Tell her you like her. That should get you an answer.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Templar 331 View Post
    Go by her pace but show that you are still interested. Don't try to take charge of the situation. And be thankful you found a shy one. Those are entirely too rare.
    agree, shy women are the cutest women out there.

go get her champ.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just speaking from experience cuz I date shy gals all the time and needy chicks are not the business.
    Shy and needy aren't exclusive to each other. Way too many needy ones that aren't shy in the least. :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    agree, shy women are the cutest women out there.

go get her champ.
    I can't take shy women. I need someone who's assertive, or I just get bored.

Deleted
    also make references about anal sex at the first opportunity

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    The fact that she keeps agreeing to go anywhere with you is a good sign. Keep in mind that introverts tend to get exhausted easily in public places where there are tons of people. Take it slow and keep doing what you're doing. Don't push her and you're golden.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just speaking from experience cuz I date shy gals all the time and needy chicks are not the business.
    But outgoing and assertive doesn't necessarily mean needy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just go out for a couple of drinks, relax and have fun. Don't make a fuss about it, don't try to play the "are you into me"-card, just be yourself and see her as a friend. If there's anything between you, it will show up in due time, just let it take its time. All the "friendzone" crap is just bullshit, don't push anything. Love isn't something that happens spontaneously, it's something that grows over time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rugz
    Holes means you have less of a food to plate ratio, you can get more net weight of pancakes into the same volume and area as you could with waffles. Therefore pancakes win.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post

On Topic: If you have to struggle for conversation, it probably isn't a good match. It should come naturally.
    It was a joke considering i'm part of this community too =P, and i've had a good love live (sort of, 1 fiance for 4 years)