10+ Year Old Account

Elemental shamas must pick EM?

Do we have to pick elemental mastery for the test of cata to do the most damage? Elemental shamans set bonus revolves around elemental mastery. Now I really don't have an option for the level 75 talents if I want to be competitive.

I would assume you would want that for the remainder of cata, yes. Yet I fail to see the problem considering cata is only going to be around for less than a month.

Quote Originally Posted by Resperina View Post
    Do we have to pick elemental mastery for the test of cata to do the most damage? Elemental shamans set bonus revolves around elemental mastery. Now I really don't have an option for the level 75 talents if I want to be competitive.
    It's not that really that big of a deal. NOTHING is balanced for level 85 dps. If your guild is a competitive guild for dps, they haven't worried about DPS for months. ( We dont even time to use heroism half the fights, or wait for my 9k dps fire elemental QQ)

But yeah, elemental mastery is the only talent giving us burst dps at level 85. Its cooldown no longer can be lowered by lightning bolt and chain lightning now, and it no longer gives us a damage increase so for fights besides heroic spine, you can try out echo of the elements.

echo is like a 7 % proc chance

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the OP cannot see the forest for the trees.
    T13 basically does not count any more. I am pretty sure i will take Echo of the Elements for Leveling/soloing/dungeoning, Elemental Mastery for very specific burst fights, and Nature's Swiftness for Healing.
    Last edited by Grubjuice; 2012-08-28 at 06:27 PM.

imo just use echo and use Resto 4 set. Then u basically get Elemental Mastery and echo. YAY xD

Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    I think the OP cannot see the forest for the trees.
    T13 basically does not count any more. I am pretty sure i will take Echo of the Elements for Leveling/soloing/dungeoning, Elemental Mastery for very specific burst fights, and Nature's Swiftness for Healing.
    Just because you don't care about T13 doesn't mean that it doesn't count anymore. Some people are still progressing on it. Just sayin.

Quote Originally Posted by Tharkash View Post
    Just because you don't care about T13 doesn't mean that it doesn't count anymore. Some people are still progressing on it. Just sayin.
    He said basically, which means it may for a few, but not for the majority. Regardless, and take it how you will, if you haven't completed DS by now, then it really doesnt matter. The new talents are not balanced for this tier, and if you losing a bit of DPS cause of a specific talent is the excuse you give for not completing this tier, with the 30% buff, then I am sorry, you werent going to kill it regardless.

Back on point, the loss of DPS that Ele "may" see, is nothing compared to what happened to Shadow......

10+ Year Old Account
    that's true for now. We have another month of t13, so if you care about dps for the next 30 days or so, it still matters. but as soon as Mists comes out, Cataclysm set gear will be replaced by new dungeon drops within a couple days.

10+ Year Old Account
    With the ease of switching talents without having to go respec makes switching between EM and EotE very easy. Lets you decide which to use per fight, if i have time and if the boss has multiple burn phases then EM is the way to go, on the other hand if I have to move alot EotE will do better imo since haste is now on par with crit and mastery is king.

Deleted
    If you are only taking one of out 6 tiers as mandatory, then you are in a good spot anyway regarding cookie cutter, some classes/specs have to take the majority of their talents as cookie cutter, feral druids for example need to take at least 3 tiers as mandatory.

Nature's Swiftness - Soul of the Forest - Dream of Cenarius.

As others have mentioned, T13 and 4.3 stuff does not mean anything anymore, I would be very surprised if they balanced or hotfixed anything considering how broken it will be.

Deleted
    Simulationcraft shows (so far) that EM is slightly ahead anyway. So you take it at 85.

Realistically, the difference is in the 1% range at 90. There are other ways to influence your DPS output more - i.e. if you are bad at firing EM on cooldown and let it sit unused sometimes you will benefit from Echo way more.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you have 2p T13, then EM is worth 20% haste and 11.1% mastery (at level 85) while it is active, making it more valuable than Ancestral Swiftness and also probably ahead of Echo of the Elements as long as you keep your 2-piece bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyos View Post
    Simulationcraft shows (so far) that EM is slightly ahead anyway. So you take it at 85.
    How do you make Simulationcraft work on current live patch? I downloaded 5.0.x (MoP Beta) Release, but as I expected, I am getting error when trying to simulate. And the only other release I can download is 4.3.x.
    Shaman - Hunter - Monk - Druid - Warlock - DK - another Shaman - one more Shaman

Deleted
    I think echo is pretty solid, yesterday echo procced off my mastery, 40k LB, 35k Mastery, 28k echo, all in the space of 1 second