Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans Ron Burgundy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Thumbs up after watching the MoP Cinematic countless times...

i've come to the conclusion that i really don't think blizz could have done better job with this cinematic. if we are really nitpicking here i might have said that the orcs body seemed a bit "off" from what we have usually seen from earlier cinematics.

some say they didn't like the humor, but i think it was absolutely appropriate given the theme of this expansion, Pandaren are a light hearted race and their unique humor is a part of it u cant ignore.

this is definately one of blizz's most solid cinematics.

thoughts comments
    Last edited by Ron Burgundy; 2012-09-01 at 07:21 AM.
    Milk was a bad choice.

2013 MMO-Champion User of the Year (2nd runner up)

Deleted
    I dont like the animation when the Human charge the Orc. I think it looks extremly unrealistic. No one moves like that.
    Last edited by mmoc410448ef5d; 2012-09-01 at 07:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by studkaw View Post
    I dont like the animation when the Human charge the Orc. I think it looks extremly unrealistic. No one moves like that.
    I didn't know you were such an expert on the way all humans move.

I didn't think the cinematic was that good for all the reasons you think it is
    Last edited by Sarix; 2012-09-01 at 07:25 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarix View Post
    I didn't know you were such an expert on the way all humans move.
    I have 26 years of experience observing human coordination. And you dont have to be an expert on anything to observe unrealistic movements.
    Last edited by mmoc410448ef5d; 2012-09-01 at 07:27 AM.

Herald of the Titans Ron Burgundy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    i don't think the "realism" argument is valid in warcraft cinematic debates
    Milk was a bad choice.

2013 MMO-Champion User of the Year (2nd runner up)

Quote Originally Posted by studkaw View Post
    I have 26 years of experience observing human coordination. And you dont have to be an expert on anything to observe unrealistic movements.
    Its a game. Cant bring realizm into it when there are cow-people, russian space-goats, tiny engineering geniuses, corpses walking around.. You get the drift. Its a game where a gnome can attack a giant dragon and not get squashed.
    Last edited by Evil Inside; 2012-09-01 at 07:34 AM.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

I liked it, although I think the cinematic would give the impression that it's Horde and Alliance reluctantly working together against Pandaren if we didn't already know differently

I think it's great. It's obviously impressive from a technical point of view, and I really like the vibe of it. It has a vibe to it - the whole theme of venture, heritage, conflict and balance really comes across and sets you in the right mood for the things to come. It kind of already shows that MoP, despite being mindlessly il-reputed as a children's expansion, actually has a lot depth ... it just doesn't try hard.

I don't know how people can have a problem with humor. Perhaps some people don't like oxygen, either.

Deleted
    I dont think you guys understand what I was saying. I just pointed out what I disliked. Never said whats right or wrong. Just thought it looked weird.
    Even though it is a game they are meant to represent humans or atleast humanoids.

"realism is not relevant". Well tell you what, it is! Else we could just have stickfigures still. Developers aim to make games look more natural. And there was nothing natural about his charge.

It's a pretty lame cinematic that reinforced why I do not wanna play mop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Behind you, what I'm not? Then who's this person I'm behind?
    I thought it was the worst expansion-cinematic done by Blizz ever :/.

I mean by no means am I one of those Mop haters who can't stop whining and bitching about Mop, and how TBC was the golden age of wow. My excitment for Mop far exceeds that of similar previous experiences from last expansions.

But the cinematic it'self was so boring, and the "comedy" was especially cringe-worthy and out of place. "Non-epic" would be the most appropriate term to describe the cinematic :/.
    Last edited by Pud'n; 2012-09-01 at 08:07 AM.

The expansion's theme has been repeatedly stated to be about discovery and exploration by both factions as they try to deal with each other at the same time. I think the movie conveyed that message perfectly and elegantly by using few words (few compared to previous movies). Anyone that doesn't understand this theme will of course not like the cinematic.

In other words, people are being ignorant if they're dissapointed that it wasn't a movie like TBC, WotLK, or Cataclysm where it was like "ohhh shit, the world's going to die if this being isn't stopped." The MoP cinematic is more like, "Oh, what's behind the veil? What is this brand new world?" A movie doesn't need to be GRIMDARK to be epic. I think it was great.
    Last edited by Senka; 2012-09-01 at 07:53 AM.

A lot of people have very, very cliché conceptions of the term "epic".
    Last edited by Pull My Finger; 2012-09-01 at 07:50 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    see people have diff taste
    i mean anyone can bring a plate full of shit and there will be ppl willing to enjoy it\
    C'MON YOU LIKED IT !!!???
    see what i did there =)

In terms of animation, models, and overall prettyness, I was very pleased.

By no means did I hate this cinematic. It fits the sillyness of this expansion (I used the word "silly" on purpose) while still delivering a solid, enthralling experience.

I definitely believe that cinematics should be more serious, more dramatic, and overall more epic. The fact that the MoP one chose not to follow those concepts doesn't make it bad, it's just different. Not what I expected, not what I wanted, but I can't complain too much.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by b0sanac View Post
    Its a game. Cant bring realizm into it when there are cow-people, russian space-goats, tiny engineering geniuses, corpses walking around.. You get the drift. Its a game where a gnome can attack a giant dragon and not get squashed.
    There is quite a huge diffrence between realism in lore and realism in anathomy/coordination. The creatures are meant to be humanoids, so they must have simnmilar coordinations.
    What creatures are in the universe is highly irrelevant.

10+ Year Old Account
    I loved it and am surprised people hated, it was pretty epic, a minor nit pick was it didn't have more focus on other races too, I would have loved a TBC or Vanilla style Cinematic personal, but I digress it was very awesome and the fight scene with the Pandaren pretty much made my jaw drop.

All of Blizzards cinematics received people bashing them since WotLK's one. You cant satisfy everyone unfortunately.

MoP's cinematic has much deeper meaning than all of the previous cinematics.

Deleted
    It sent chills down my spine, put a tear in my eye and a smile on my face. So, yeah, I thought it was pretty good - and I'm not even sure I'll be buying MoP.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by igame View Post
    It's a pretty lame cinematic that reinforced why I do not wanna play mop.
    So why are you reading and contributing to MoP related threads? I bet you have your CE edition pre-ordered already.