Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Xelnath View Post
    The code was finished in the last few hours of Mists, actually. (see test spell Codex of Xerrath) However, we want to do something a little more rewarding than just give it away as a glyph.
    "we"? You work for blizz?

The code was finished in the last few hours of Mists, actually. (see test spell Codex of Xerrath) However, we want to do something a little more rewarding than just give it away as a glyph.
    Gonna quote this one more time just so everyone can see it. And to the poster above me, yes he is a Warlock developer.

Quote Originally Posted by painweaver View Post
    "we"? You work for blizz?
    You're late. He is a warlock dev.

Quote Originally Posted by The Ogdru Jahad View Post
    You're kidding right? The green counterpart to most warlock spells already exist in game and are used by some mob or boss. Switching spell effects isn't difficult...AT ALL. If the issue is coding a glyph, that should also be a easy as hell. If you can use a glyph to make ur druid travel form remain a cheetah, there is absolutely no reason green fire is impossible. I never even saw the blue that mentioned this though...so please provide proof of a blue saying that...
    The reason it is difficult is because unlike the mod that exists out there that changes the texture pack and unlike the spells for the druid travel form, the warlock spells have to be able to interact with other spells, and for them to make it an option to have green fire while still maintaining the option to NOT have green fire, they have to create new spell IDs for each green fire spell, and then they have to make sure that those new spell IDs still function with all the other spells (as someone stated above a fel immolate still functioning properly with a non-fel incinerate). Druid travel form doesn't have dependencies associated with other spells, so that's a lot easier to do. For the texture pack that's because you are changing the actual game files, which I would like to imagine blizzard isn't going to put out the green fire as a manual patch for warlocks to apply. :P

Really? I thought I was a troll.

Why isn't drain life red?

Also - why did they nerf the graphic on the SB glyph? Makes me sad to play Demo now.

Sure wouldn't mind the option to have green fire. =)

Deleted
    I want transparent fire

Deleted
    Yes please !

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm ambivalent about Green Fire, I like the current spell effects we have. I won't begrudge others the option though, go right ahead, and if there's a nice class quest involved we can do, all the better. I'm just curious about which spells get to benefit from this, and what different colours (if any) there would be. I mean Green Fire is nice and all, but I play Affli mostly and we don't do fire. Now if for instance my Drain Soul and Maelfic Grasp could be coloured green or something, that might interest me, although I actually like the idea of being more shadow (purple-ish) then Fel (green). I could live with Blue Fire too. I'd kinda like a blue Drain Soul, I think.

10+ Year Old Account
    I, too am neutral about it and always have been. But, the idea of a class quest is soooo enticing tbh. I still remember conning my pug group in DM into helping me do the Dreadsteed quest. Kept reassuring them it'd be easy. Lol. Luckily, even if everybody dies to the bazillion adds, the ritual continued to the next phase. So, SS'd myself and finished off the horse and master after everybody ran in. Needless to say, they never invited me back to DM again. Probably the only fun memory of Vanilla WoW. =P

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    I'm ambivalent about Green Fire, I like the current spell effects we have. I won't begrudge others the option though, go right ahead, and if there's a nice class quest involved we can do, all the better. I'm just curious about which spells get to benefit from this, and what different colours (if any) there would be. I mean Green Fire is nice and all, but I play Affli mostly and we don't do fire. Now if for instance my Drain Soul and Maelfic Grasp could be coloured green or something, that might interest me, although I actually like the idea of being more shadow (purple-ish) then Fel (green). I could live with Blue Fire too. I'd kinda like a blue Drain Soul, I think.
    IIRC from what was datamined you could pick green, purple or red fire at the end of the questline.

10+ Year Old Account
    This sounds pretty interesting.

just don't want to it come with the first pandaria patch as a "feature" to warlocks. hopefully it will come with mists on 25th

Deleted
    I think he meant Mists was done, if there are changes on the 25th it will only be more balance changes. I would expect it to come with the 5.1 patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Zumzumzum View Post
    I think he meant Mists was done, if there are changes on the 25th it will only be more balance changes. I would expect it to come with the 5.1 patch.
    but he said there's no quest line done yet, so it can be released with the first patch, already "into the mists"

10+ Year Old Account
    Guys, they already said they'd introduce Fel Fire in an epic way.

Stop stressing about it.

They are creating an Epic Questline for it, so it "feels epic" when we get it.

Which leads me to believe this may be the start of bringing class quests back into the game, which imo would be extremely smart.

It is to hard for blizz to Code green fire... [C OLOR=" #00FF0 0"][ /COLO R] greeeeeen

" A single dream is more powerful than a thousand realities "

well maybe one day modelchange will be legal by blizzard and we all can change our class localy to dinosaurs that shoot laserbeems and spit green fire :P
    until then i wait for that codex and hopefully i great quest (since they did a lot good tings with loremaster i even start beleving a bit in blizzard again (after the crap of dragonsoul and warlock trough cata (mainly since firelands started) ) i mean they got 2 specs right (ok one stil lgot a lot of bugs) they might fix destru (srsly mana probs as a warlock .. SRSLY?) and we got wingz! jeah sadly i get happy about small stuff realy easy (and the fact that i beat our hunter in dps yesterday :P)

Deleted
    It is to hard for blizz to Code green fire... [C OLOR=" #00FF0 0"][ /COLO R] greeeeeen
    Why do you keep on ranting about that when he said it is already coded...