Page 1 of 2
LastLast

5.0.4 dungeon loot change

Do you agree or disagree with this change ?

Patch 5.0.4 Soloing Loot Change
    We design dungeons primarily as group activities. We have no problem supporting soloing old content as a fun thing to do, but we don't want it be among the best ways to generate gold, which it was at risk of becoming. The metric here is not which methods can earn you the most gold (which are probably still things like being an AH baron or selling raid slots), but which methods were trending as the most popular ways to earn gold. If optional content is too richly rewarding, it ceases to become optional and just becomes the way most players play the game.

You should solo old dungeons or raids to see the content, challenge yourself, or maybe get some transmog gear. We don't think it needs to be richly rewarding, financially. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

10+ Year Old Account
    I do agree with it. You should make money through farming and AH work, along with professions. Not taking a solo-OP class through old raids and loading yourself up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I do agree with it. You should make money through farming and AH work, along with professions. Not taking a solo-OP class through old raids and loading yourself up.
    I still solo old content. but it was sure nice while it lasted

10+ Year Old Account
    im not greedy, so its a perfectly understandable change. i only ran old stuff for cute outfits.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

Deleted
    It's an understandable change. As the post said, there are other means of getting rich.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Josefina View Post
    I still solo old content. but it was sure nice while it lasted
    I still do solo - just for fun. Or transmog. Or to see if I can do it. But for money? Nah, there are better ways. CTA queues. Mining/skinning stuff. Selling enchanting mats picked up in dungeons. Raiding.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    The reason they did this is really to slow the amount of gold coming into the game. The methods that they listed are both methods that either take gold from the game (AH) or which trades gold from one hand to the other. Soloing old raids adds gold into the game that was not there before and I feel this is one way that Blizz is trying to curb inflation.

Quote Originally Posted by Ameri View Post
    The reason they did this is really to slow the amount of gold coming into the game. The methods that they listed are both methods that either take gold from the game (AH) or which trades gold from one hand to the other. Soloing old raids adds gold into the game that was not there before and I feel this is one way that Blizz is trying to curb inflation.
    Thats Diffrent from Daily Questing? how? Daily Questing is generating gold too even more now since there is no Cap. Not that I disagree with you but it almost don't make sense. Why take the gold away and allow unlimited daily? if they wanted gold to just circlate around they should take out all dailys, take out all gold drops off the mobs/bosses and just allow regular quest to give gold. This way once you get a set amount you have to farm/make items so people buy from you then the people who play the most AH or farm the most will get all the epic hardcore thing they dont want anyone else to have and the game can be hardcore again. I mean come on some people don't even farm the old instance/Raid.

Its blizzards way of saying "Damn we ran out of gold sinks, now people will get all the gold item in less than a month and quit, we need to make it so they take 1 year to get it so we don't need to release constant content".
    Last edited by Kioshi; 2012-09-05 at 04:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kioshi View Post
    Thats Diffrent from Daily Questing? how? Daily Questing is generating gold too even more now since there is no Cap. Not that I disagree with you but it almost don't make sense. Why take the gold away and allow unlimited daily? if they wanted gold to just circlate around they should take out all dailys, take out all gold drops off the mobs/bosses and just allow regular quest to give gold. this way once you get a set amount you have to farm/make items so people buy from you then the people who play the most AH or farm the most will get all the epic hardcore thing they dont wantanyone else to have.
    If someone is willing to do all of MoP's dailies day after day, then they earn that gold. There's something like 50 dailies in the expansion.
    Men!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Now having a ball on SWTOR!

Soloing or duoing old content for gold was my favorite pastime of the game. Just another reason to not even purchase the expansion for now.

Yeah, i agree with Blizzard, soloing is good fun and a great source of transmogging gear, but by all means current content should be the best way to get cash.

I kinda liked getting all that gold from soloing old content, but this is a more elegant solution than they used in the past where they hammered gold drops into the ground when raids became too lucrative.

And besides, you still get a decent chunk of gold from vendoring unwanted loot.

10+ Year Old Account
    I totally agree with the decision, but I also believe they nerfed too much. The nerf doesn't stop at the dungeons alone.
    I noticed a lot less valuables now from world trash too. Now We got AOE loot, but what we loot has less value lol

Also, looting players in BGs doesn't give anything anymore. you can still loot em, but nothing happens..
    And the dungeon nerf is a tad too hefty. I'd raise it back up by about 30%.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kioshi View Post
    Thats Diffrent from Daily Questing? how? Daily Questing is generating gold too even more now since there is no Cap. Not that I disagree with you but it almost don't make sense. Why take the gold away and allow unlimited daily? if they wanted gold to just circlate around they should take out all dailys, take out all gold drops off the mobs/bosses and just allow regular quest to give gold. This way once you get a set amount you have to farm/make items so people buy from you then the people who play the most AH or farm the most will get all the epic hardcore thing they dont want anyone else to have and the game can be hardcore again. I mean come on some people don't even farm the old instance/Raid.

Its blizzards way of saying "Damn we ran out of gold sinks, now people will get all the gold item in less than a month and quit, we need to make it so they take 1 year to get it so we don't need to release constant content".
    The thing is that the raids give a much larger amount of income than dailies do. For example many classes can solo Alysrazor for the mount and she dropped close to 700-800g and then when you factor in the loot probably around 900g of gold from just the one boss.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ameri View Post
    The thing is that the raids give a much larger amount of income than dailies do. For example many classes can solo Alysrazor for the mount and she dropped close to 700-800g and then when you factor in the loot probably around 900g of gold from just the one boss.
    Which you can do once a week. Dailies with the 25 cap was 400g a day if you do all 25. Three days of dailies and you're already generating more than what the raid would have given you. What now that the daily cap is gone?

I don't like it. I wish they'd just say it's because it's unfair to classes who can't solo raids. I understand why they have to kill the gold, but it doesn't mean I have to like it.

The thing about dailies is the time spent to gold earned ratio. Someone posted here today that if you solo AQ you make 600 gold in 15 minutes. How long does it take to do dailies and make 600 gold? Time really is money, if you are spending 4 hours making what someone makes in 15 minutes you are loosing money.

Deleted
    AQ20 nets you ~200g after the nerfs (and it was only ~400g before them), so I dunno where he got that figure from.

The reason they did this is really to slow the amount of gold coming into the game. The methods that they listed are both methods that either take gold from the game (AH) or which trades gold from one hand to the other.
    Soloing old raids adds gold into the game that was not there before
    The reason they did this is to force everyone to do their oh-so-awesome dailies in Pandaria (which are exactly the same as they bring gold into the game that wasn't there before).

I can guarantee you now that far more gold will come into the game from doing the new dailies than soloing old raids before the nerfs - simply because there would still have been a tiny fraction of soloists compared to daily farmers. And those who were heavily into soloing or daily farming are likely to have saved enough before 5.0 to buy the repair yak and/or raid mats when MoP hits, therefore are not going to even require a gold sink. (and black market stuff is likely to be the realm of AH players only)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Staticus View Post
    AQ20 nets you ~200g after the nerfs (and it was only ~400g before them), so I dunno where he got that figure from.

The reason they did this is to force everyone to do their oh-so-awesome dailies in Pandaria (which are exactly the same as they bring gold into the game that wasn't there before).

I can guarantee you now that far more gold will come into the game from doing the new dailies than soloing old raids before the nerfs - simply because there would still have been a tiny fraction of soloists compared to daily farmers. And those who were heavily into soloing or daily farming are likely to have saved enough before 5.0 to buy the repair yak and/or raid mats when MoP hits, therefore are not going to even require a gold sink. (and black market stuff is likely to be the realm of AH players only)

AQ 20 makes me from 500-5000g per run. Depens how lucky i am in drops there (glorios set pices drop there).
    Don't sweat the details!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll most likely still solo things just for the challenge, atleast it doesn't feel like I have to run Naxx every week anymore (It was easy and awarded 150+g and 2 or more epics per boss...)

Buah Doing Tier 11 raids in level 90 will give me just as much anyway. In the meantime I'll be selling those Bloods of the Mountain.