Heroic Ultraxion Soaking

Going to be Soaking Heroic Ultraxion tonight. Never really did this before.

I am a warlock and have around 160HP with buffs and crap.

Currently, I am thinking the best way to do this with out losing DPS by going Demonology ( Having trouble with the rotation)

Would be sacing the void walker and getting Bulwark for about 197k HP and using Twilight Ward + Unending Resolve if needed.

Then the second time hopefully doing the same thing.

Also debated using Dark Bargin but unsure if healers could heal through it. ( I could use Dark Regeneration with it to help.)

10+ Year Old Account
    This isn't helpful for class specific cooldowns (might be better off in Warlock forums for that) but just about anyone can survive it with no cooldowns at all, provided they are topped off before the Hour, and the healers don't mind.

Once our warlock discovered this, he occasionally "forgets" to go when it's safe to stay out in order to optimise his DPS.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Shadow Bulwark gives me 30% of my health for about 20 seconds so I have about 197 HP.

Twilight Ward absorbs about 29k Damage

Unending Resolve reduces all damage by 40% for like 10 seconds

Dark Bargin prevents ALL damage for 8 seconds - but I take 50% of that damage prevented over the course of 8 seconds.

Dark Regeneration instantly heals me for 30% of my HP ( Or over 12 seconds, I forget. Tooltip is confusing.) and it increases all healing I receive by 25% for 12s.

(For people who don't know what the abilities did.)

Also Tziva, about how much does Hour of Twilight hit for in Heroic 10man with the 35% debuff between two soakers?

10+ Year Old Account
    Twilight Ward or Dark Bargain would likely be your best bet.

Unfortunately we've not been since the buff was at 30% and it looks like our logs weren't saved that far back, but I want to say it hits for around ~135k with no cooldowns besides innate resistances. Maybe someone else has logs still and can be more specific. You really have to be at max health and you will be almost dead after it, so your healers may not like it and it'll be sketchy - but it's totally possible.

| twitch | bsky
    |

You don't need to pop all your cooldowns for each soak. Simply one cooldown per time should be sufficient.

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    Twilight Ward or Dark Bargain would likely be your best bet.

Unfortunately we've not been since the buff was at 30% and it looks like our logs weren't saved that far back, but I want to say it hits for around ~135k with no cooldowns besides innate resistances. Maybe someone else has logs still and can be more specific. You really have to be at max health and you will be almost dead after it, so your healers may not like it and it'll be sketchy - but it's totally possible.
    hit me for 195k this week on my shaman 300k*0.65(35% nerf) = 195k

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    hit me for 195k this week on my shaman 300k*0.65(35% nerf) = 195k
    Hm, our warlock definitely doesn't have over 200k health. I wonder if he has some kind of passive damage reduction then, or else it changed post patch? As I mentioned, he discovered it on by staying out once accidentally -- normally he doesn't soak at all -- and used no active cooldowns, surviving with about 10k health. Hax maybe.

Unfortunately, no logs to look at.

| twitch | bsky
    |

Hm, our warlock definitely doesn't have over 200k health. I wonder if he has some kind of passive damage reduction then, or else it changed post patch? As I mentioned, he discovered it on by staying out once accidentally -- normally he doesn't soak at all -- and used no active cooldowns, surviving with about 10k health. Hax maybe.

Damage reduction procced or the 15% HP buff by either a shaman or a shield procced through a priest. Or just a random happiness from a tank 4-set bonus.

But to be honest, we also had our Disc Priest soak one with just around 10-20k left. I reckon it was a conjoinment of both the shield that she almost passively puts on everyone and the crit-heals from our shaman giving the 15%? HP buff.

And the person you're quoting is wrong if I recall correctly, as it was 250k seeing when I as a rogue used feint (50% damage reduction) instead of cloak once (retardedly misjudged while on progression) I didn't die. And 250k*0.65= 162.5K which is actually pretty easily survivable with even the smallest cooldown.

anything like the druid tank cd for more health or rallying cry? i've had over 200k on my shaman and i've only got 165k normally. soul link? i dunno if thats something warlocks really use anymore since it changed big time.

Deleted
    Warlocks have been soaking as destro with nether protection for since dragon soul started, I always assumed that was the simplest way, not being a warlock myself. (Raidleader of a top 200~ 25man guild)

Quote Originally Posted by Pickwickman View Post

And the person you're quoting is wrong if I recall correctly, as it was 250k seeing when I as a rogue used feint (50% damage reduction) instead of cloak once (retardedly misjudged while on progression) I didn't die. And 250k*0.65= 162.5K which is actually pretty easily survivable with even the smallest cooldown.
    100% sure 25 heroic is 300k done it 30+ times, journal says 10man heroic is also 300k.

the only discrepancy is that the journal says 10 normal is 300k and 25 normal is 195k...

10+ Year Old Account
    [19:50:15.518] Ultraxion Hour of Twilight Santhro 71569 (A: 123431)

71'569 + 123'431 = 195'000

That's 25HC and yes 300'000 * .65 = 195'000

Almost every CD is enough to survive that.
    After Unending Resolve it does 117k, Dark Bargain gives you 8 ticks of 12.2k damage every second, if you have 160k hp and use GoSac Voidwalker you have 208k hp...everything is enough to survive Hour of Twilight.

I checked wols from tonights raid, and it's indeed 195 000 dmg in 10hc with 35% debuff (and it killed me with 10k overkill when I unexpectedly took it, with just a bubble from a priest or a raid cd it shouldn't cause any problem)

Deleted
    spirit link?

Dark bargain + TW = first one
    Unending resolve + TW = second one

You'll probably only get one set in given the nerfed state of the fight.

Theres always the option of human sacrifice to mitigate the blast.