Page 31 of 114 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    That whale is cool. Landwalk is weird to see nowadays though, but big fish creatures seem to be the ones to hold on to it the most.

I'd never seen Ratchet Bomb before, but it sounds very goblin-ish. Probably due to Ratchet in World of Warcraft. I don't particularly like how it could be overpowered versus tokens. And so soon after Ravnica and Selesnya. Pretty sure that deck wasn't powerful enough to warranta cheap counter to it in Standard.
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2013-05-20 at 10:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    That whale is cool. Landwalk is weird to see nowadays though, but big fish creatures seem to be the ones to hold on to it the most.

I'd never seen Ratchet Bomb before, but it sounds very goblin-ish. Probably due to Ratchet in World of Warcraft. I don't particularly like how it could be overpowered versus tokens. And so soon after Ravnica and Selesnya. Pretty sure that deck wasn't powerful enough to warranta cheap counter to it in Standard.
    Graveyard shenanigans were not very strong either and we have what(?) 5 cards that just ruin them. Ratchet Bomb was used for decks that didn't have easy access to sweepers for aggro or cards they couldn't take out normally. Right now the deck that recently showed up at a Pro Tour (edit: Immortal Servitude) with plenty of 2 mana creatures would be what Ratchet Bomb is for. It will only affect tokens when they become a problem, which probably won't happen and I believe Day of Judgement will be coming back as well.

---------- Post added 2013-05-21 at 02:58 AM ----------

About time they made it official. I would not be angry if I opened up some of these.

Last edited by Dontrike; 2013-05-21 at 02:55 AM.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

10+ Year Old Account
    A couple cards today. Windreader Sphinx is cool. Oddly enough, would work well in my spirit deck. But it fits with Azorius, so it goes with the block.

Speaking of flyers, Trained Condor isn't a new ability, but still fairly decent.

And oh my god, this is the closest thing to a tribal leader dragons will get.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did anyone watch the legacy coverage of the scg open this weekend? That Notion thief in the semifinals was amazing
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jvbastel View Post
    Did anyone watch the legacy coverage of the scg open this weekend? That Notion thief in the semifinals was amazing
    Of course Wizards had to do something for sphinx

10+ Year Old Account
    Just realized Ring of Three Wishes isn't as great as I thought. Planar Portal is the same card, only one more mana cost, but it doesn't have a limit. At the very least, it shouldn't be a mythic rare.

Just realized Ring of Three Wishes isn't as great as I thought. Planar Portal is the same card, only one more mana cost, but it doesn't have a limit. At the very least, it shouldn't be a mythic rare.
    It is quite mythic though because it is a classic D&D item. While it may not be great everywhere if you have proliferate running around it becomes better than Portal, Vorel EDH makes ring a lot better, and you can use both of them to have more redundancy making sure you can get that effect more often in EDH.

---------- Post added 2013-05-25 at 12:45 AM ----------

MM Spoilers everywhere, they haven't been confirmed yet, except for two.

Academy Ruins [rare]
    The cycle of vivid lands
    Path to exile [uncommon]
    Elspeth, Knight-Errant [mythic]
    Narcomeber [new art]
    Kitchen Finks [uncommon]
    Spellstutter Sprite
    Arcbound Ravager [rare - new art!]
    Knight of the Reliquary [rare - old art, not the duel deck one]
    Aether Vial [rare]
    Pestermite
    Ryusei [mythic]
    Tooth and Nail [rare]
    Sword of Fire and Ice [mythic]
    Vedalken Shackles

The last three are proven based off of the booster art and someone showing Tooth and Nail's actual card.

Oh and the Legendary/Planeswalker rules changes. Can't say I like it for certain commanders in EDH and it does make those same legendaries harder to kill everywhere else. Thrun and Uril are going to be a pain.

10+ Year Old Account
    Article because I had no idea what you were talking about: http://www.wizards.com/Magic/Magazin...y/feature/248e

That's a pretty huge change. Means you can have two of the same card out at once, on different sides. Plus, you can bring two out yourself, and only one will die. Not sure if new combos open up somewhere, but damn.

More spoilers. All reprints. Classic stuff like Giant Growth, Shock, Divination, Doom Blade, and Serra Angel. Can't wait to see Serra Angel's artwork, if it's different.

Article because I had no idea what you were talking about: http://www.wizards.com/Magic/Magazin...y/feature/248e

That's a pretty huge change. Means you can have two of the same card out at once, on different sides. Plus, you can bring two out yourself, and only one will die. Not sure if new combos open up somewhere, but damn.

More spoilers. All reprints. Classic stuff like Giant Growth, Shock, Divination, Doom Blade, and Serra Angel. Can't wait to see Serra Angel's artwork, if it's different.
    I bet Serra Angel doesn't get new art work.

I think the legendary change may help those decks that use Mox Opal as having two or three in your hand won't be a big deal as you can just tap the first then drop the others, and so on.

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    They will just restrict Mox Opal if they still restrict things been so many years since I have seen a banned/restricted list.

Quote Originally Posted by Skarsguard View Post
    They will just restrict Mox Opal if they still restrict things been so many years since I have seen a banned/restricted list.
    They only seem to want to restrict stuff in Vintage, it has been a very long time since what would be considered Standard saw a restriction.

Look at all of these sexy mythics in MM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I see Kiki-Jiki and Progenitus. Two of the swords? Sarkhan, Dark Confidant, can't tell who the other planeswalker is. Thing in the top right looks like Mew.

I see Kiki-Jiki and Progenitus. Two of the swords? Sarkhan, Dark Confidant, can't tell who the other planeswalker is. Thing in the top right looks like Mew.
    We have all 5 of the legendary dragons from Kamigawa.
    Tarmogoyf
    Dark Confidant
    Vendilion Clique
    Kiki-Jiki
    Elspeth 1
    Sword of Light and Shadow
    Sword of Fire and Ice
    Progenitus
    Sarkhan Vol

The other mythic missing is Vedalken Shackles.

As for rares we have

Jhoira of the Ghitu
    Squee, Goblin Nabob
    Dragonstorm
    Angel's Grace
    Figure of Destiny
    Verdeloth the Ancient
    Woodfall Primus
    Engineered Explosives
    Skeletal Vampire
    Death Cloud
    Lotus Bloom
    Life from the Loam
    Extirpate
    Stonehewer Giant
    Kira
    Meloku
    Scion of Oona
    Oona, Queen of the Fae
    Divinity of Pride
    Demigod of Revenge
    Aether Vial
    Arcbound Ravager
    Cryptic Command
    Blood Moon
    Doubling Season
    Rude Awakening
    Molten Disaster
    Tooth and Nail
    City of Brass
    Glimmervoid
    Greater Gargadon
    Gifts Ungiven

for uncommons we have

Path to Exile
    Electrolyze
    Lightning Helix
    Spell Snare
    Worm Harvest
    Kitchen Finks
    Relic of Progenitus
    Manamorphose

10+ Year Old Account
    Tons more spoilers for M14. You know, every time I see Rootwalla, I think of Basking Rootwalla, and it just makes me sad.

Pitchburn Devils reprint, wasn't expecting that. Still have that card in my red/green undying/Rage Thrower deck that is way too expensive for its own good.

Capashen Knight, now that's an old card to reprint.

Stonehorn Chanter looks new. Wow, it sucks something awful.

Not sure if Soulmender is worth it. Ajani's Mantra would be a safer way to get one life a turn.

Frost Breath reprinted, because I guess Sleep is too powerful.

Ooo, Warden of Evos Isle. Flying has a tribal leader, of sorts.

Liliana's Reaver is pretty badass. It's a specter effect with a free zombie token on top.

Chandra's Outrage is back. I think it and Searing Blaze are two of my favorite recently created burn spells.

Elvish Mystic. They reprinted Llanowar Elves with a different name. Was not expecting that (Fyndhorn was a long time ago).

Arcbound Ravager art is pretty awesome. I would also like to think that those Giant cards in MM means giant tribal in Theros.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ha, it's a beast. Never saw the errata on it. That's pretty funny.

---------- Post added 2013-05-29 at 05:01 PM ----------

"The Modern Masters set is a 229-card expansion that contains reprints of Modern-legal cards from Eighth Edition through Alara Reborn. "

So, that includes Mirrodin, Kamigawa, Time Spiral, Ravnica, Lorwyn, Shadowmoor, and Alara. In other words, outside of Zendikar, all the best blocks.

Is the code names for future sets on this page accurate? They amuse me.
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2013-05-29 at 09:08 PM.

Ha, it's a beast. Never saw the errata on it. That's pretty funny.

---------- Post added 2013-05-29 at 05:01 PM ----------

"The Modern Masters set is a 229-card expansion that contains reprints of Modern-legal cards from Eighth Edition through Alara Reborn. "

So, that includes Mirrodin, Kamigawa, Time Spiral, Ravnica, Lorwyn, Shadowmoor, and Alara. In other words, outside of Zendikar, all the best blocks.

Is the code names for future sets on this page accurate? They amuse me.
    If MM2 ever comes out I have to wonder what it could span. By the time they get all of their numbers Theros will be out and then there is usually a year or two of development and a year of waiting. 2015 could be the earliest we could see it, but I would bet something like 2016/17.

The code names usually are something cute and a little funny.

There is a rumor going around that Mutavault and/or Thoughtseize will be showing up in either M14 or Theros. Mutavault works well with slivers and Thoughtseize needs a reprint, $60 for a discard spell is definitely a lot.

10+ Year Old Account
    God, it's not even worth that much. Not by a LONG shot.

God, it's not even worth that much. Not by a LONG shot.
    At most I would have paid $200 for MM, maybe a little more, but definitely not for more than $250.

Here is Steams promo for DotP. This version looks much better.