Page 71 of 114 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    So how is MtG these days? Think the last set I purchased was Invasion so it's been a while since I've played this game. I've been kicking around the idea of maybe opening up a small brick and mortor store to sell CCGs, RBGs and a small selection of comics (I had a store in the early 90s when magic made me a lot of money).

It boggles me that this game is still as popular (if not more so) than it ever was.

Looks like tucking is banned in Commander, so if your commander is put into your library you can put it into the command zone instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    I cannot imagine Treasure Cruise having any reason to be banned. Delve revamp is terrible.
    Cruise is absurdly good, pretty much everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Marema View Post
    So how is MtG these days? Think the last set I purchased was Invasion so it's been a while since I've played this game. I've been kicking around the idea of maybe opening up a small brick and mortor store to sell CCGs, RBGs and a small selection of comics (I had a store in the early 90s when magic made me a lot of money).

It boggles me that this game is still as popular (if not more so) than it ever was.
    Magic is pretty much the same as it has always been, with the exception of the addition of planeswalkers. Creatures are better than they were back then.

I don't know much about opening up a store though.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Quote Originally Posted by tgoodchild View Post
    IMO a good decision, though I thought the announcement was a bit flaky lol. Whenever we play EDH it's always a sore moment when a commander gets tucked, but a better reason for it is that the format is designed around having one replayable card and for one player to suddenly not have that is a huge disadvantage. Especially since decks are built specifically around the commander being available. Having your commander tucked was nearly a game over move for you.

Also they apparently forgot Chaos Warp is a thing
    That is true, but man certain commanders are going to be even harder to deal with.

Nope. I tend to value cards in a more general worth. I don't pay attention to specific formats.
    If you don't pay attention to formats, why do you pay attention to their ban lists? Isn't that a bit incoherent?

Looks like my friend and youngest brother will be playing RDW at SCG Open Cleveland. Still haven't picked a deck myself yet though. I like control, but don't know if it is there, although U/B control certainly has placed top 8 before. Maybe I'll just go with G/w devotion or Abzan.

A decent new Friday Nights.

10+ Year Old Account
    So I have another terrible idea for a deck. It would focus on "when creatures enter the battlefield" mechanics, and be white, green, and black. So white has cards like Soul's Attendant, Healer of the Pride, and Soul Warden. Oh, and the OP Suture Priest. Green has Essence Warden, a carbon copy of Soul Warden. Black has vampires like Blood Seeker. Still looking for more cards like that, and cards like white has that generates multiple tokens. It's a bad idea, but it could be fun, as one of my most iconic moments playing against my friends was losing a shitton of life because of multiple Suture Priests in play in a multiplayer game.

there's actually a reasonable competitive modern deck like that, it's mono white though. runs 4 soul warden and 4 attendants, ajani's pridemate, ranger of eos. it's a bit weird as it either has very good matchups (any deck that tries to win by reducing your HP to 0) or very bad matchups (anything that doesn't care much about your HP and there's quite a bit of that in modern). turn 1 soul warden, turn 2 ajanis pridemade and turn 3 either another soul warden + something or a spectral possession is fun though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Now that I think about it, a mono-white deck reminiscent of Magic 2014's Bounce and Boon would probably just do better. maybe. I just don't like how slow it is.

Now that I think about it, a mono-white deck reminiscent of Magic 2014's Bounce and Boon would probably just do better. maybe. I just don't like how slow it is.
    Check out the Modern Martyr decks, it is pretty similar to what you described.

You can use the BW version of the deck mentioned above by Kaib, if you want to have an instant-kill condition in the deck...

Been testing G/w devotion and I like how it works. Been testing it against RDW at the moment and it is winning quite a bit against it. Deathmist Raptor is a house, and bringing 3 back from flipping a morph makes it even better.

10+ Year Old Account
    But, will it be a PC release too?

But, will it be a PC release too?
    I believe it will be.

Crazy Commander game if I have ever seen one.

After running some sort of Mono-G Devotion splashing Villainous Wealth (somehow got me into top 8) and a Waste Not deck (went 3-2, much to my surprise - it's not a good deck) on the last two Gamedays, I'm currently looking for a Standard deck for Gameday that keeps up my tradition of neither caring about metagame nor about Standard in general (I prefer formats beginning with L: Limited, Legacy and eLder Dragon Highlander). Unfortunately, DTK was kind of a disappointment in terms of cards that tickle my deckbuilding fancy: the cards that caught my eyes the most were the Duress reprint (I LOVE Duress!) and Assault Formation. So, what should it be? Should I revisit green and attempt to nuke people with their own decks, see how well my second-favourite discard spell meshes with Waste Not or should I attempt something really stupid like defender beatdown or morph tribal?

Quote Originally Posted by unwirklich View Post
    After running some sort of Mono-G Devotion splashing Villainous Wealth (somehow got me into top 8) and a Waste Not deck (went 3-2, much to my surprise - it's not a good deck) on the last two Gamedays, I'm currently looking for a Standard deck for Gameday that keeps up my tradition of neither caring about metagame nor about Standard in general (I prefer formats beginning with L: Limited, Legacy and eLder Dragon Highlander). Unfortunately, DTK was kind of a disappointment in terms of cards that tickle my deckbuilding fancy: the cards that caught my eyes the most were the Duress reprint (I LOVE Duress!) and Assault Formation. So, what should it be? Should I revisit green and attempt to nuke people with their own decks, see how well my second-favourite discard spell meshes with Waste Not or should I attempt something really stupid like defender beatdown or morph tribal?
    I say do what sounds fun to you, and all of those sound fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    Crazy Commander game if I have ever seen one.

They're using Planechase Planes as well as Vanguards? Good lord.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    They're using Planechase Planes as well as Vanguards? Good lord.
    I'm half surprised a fifth person didn't join in to make it Archenemy.

From what I can see the eternal cards are about 3/5 Commands, Thunderbreak Regent, Collected Company, and I am sure there are a couple others, but those are the ones that are more apparent.

Everyone is sure waiting on BFZ. I am hoping for enemy fetches in it, but I am sure they will only come back if Landfall returns.

Right now I am patiently waiting on the MSRP of MM2 boxes. I am hearing a lot of reports that people are getting them for about $240 on average, but I expect $200 even though few people are able to get it for $200 right now.