Thread: Saber colors

Saber colors

Sorry if there is already a thread about this.

I'm new to Star Wars, level 13 Jedi Sage, was wonder: How in the world do I change my saber color? Or am I stuck with the green one I have now?

Thanks in advance.

When you get any orange gear, you can Ctrl + right click it and it opens up all the items slots it can hold.

There are usually 3 but sabres have 4.

Those being

Crystal slot
    Hilt slot
    Modification slot
    enhancement slot.

You can pull out the color crystal and replace it with any color you can use for your level. (this cost credits to so this but it's not much at lower levels)

Artifice makes crystals as a profession as well as hilts.

If you went with a different profession, just check out the auction house and buy a different color you want. If you don't want to spend any credits, just wait for another sabre to drop and pull out the crystal if its a color you want (as well as the other slot items if there better than what you have in your original sabre)
    Last edited by quras; 2012-09-06 at 03:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    When you get any orange gear, you can Ctrl + right click it and it opens up all the items slots it can hold.

There are usually 3 but sabres have 4.

Those being

Crystal slot
    Hilt slot
    Modification slot
    enhancement slot.

You can pull out the color crystal and replace it with any color you can use for your level.

Artifice makes crystals as a profession as well as hilts.

If you went with a different profession, just check out the auction house and buy a different color you want.
    Damn. Looks like I'm getting rid of a profession then to get Artifice. Thank you

you dont have to pull it out you can just put in a new one which will destroy the old one, lot cheaper unless you want to keep the old one. Also changing proff just to change yr lightsaber color might not be the smartest thing as you need the 2 other proffs also to supply the mats

Quote Originally Posted by Dengir View Post
    Damn. Looks like I'm getting rid of a profession then to get Artifice. Thank you
    I think artifice, archeology and treasure hunting are the 3 that go together. You can google that to make sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Denpepe View Post
    you dont have to pull it out you can just put in a new one which will destroy the old one, lot cheaper unless you want to keep the old one. Also changing proff just to change yr lightsaber color might not be the smartest thing as you need the 2 other proffs also to supply the mats
    I have the one that supply's the crystals. Also have Synthweaving and Bio Chem Analysis. Going to get rid of Bio Chem i think

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If that's just what you find fun, by all means go for it. If you want to achieve other things with professions in the game, it's probably the worst decision. Just about every other profession will have more benefits for you, though only a handful will still remain beneficial at max level.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would take a different profession than artifice if you only want to change your crystal. You can get most crystals pretty cheap off the GTN. If anything, I would go with synthweaving if your looking to maximize your mileage in gearing yourself out and/or your companions. This is strictly from a leveling perspective, other professions will be better if you plan on doing any endgame content but that's a whole other discussion.
    MLP Friendship Is Magic - Republic - The Harbinger
    The Madhi Legacy
    Slugfest - 55 Watchman Sentinel | Slugtrooper - 55 Gunnery Commando | Slugconsular - 55 Seer Consular | Slackfest - 55 Sharpshooter Gunslinger | Slugagent - 55 Marksmanship Sniper | Slugwarrior- 55 Annihilation Marauder | Slughunter- 55 Arsenal Mercenary | Slugsorcerer- 55 Lightning Sorcerer

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    If that's just what you find fun, by all means go for it. If you want to achieve other things with professions in the game, it's probably the worst decision. Just about every other profession will have more benefits for you, though only a handful will still remain beneficial at max level.
    This has a lot of truth to it.

A benefit I can see with artifice is having a nice hilt and crystal as you level.

the benefit at max level is mediocre at best with one exception I can recall:

The only real benefit I can see having it at max level is making crystals for a 16 man raid boss that everyone in the raid needs and they sell really really well if you farm the mats to make them. Not everyone runs dailies to buy them themselves (being they cost 30 daily comms) and they would rather just spend credits on the AH to buy them.

It's a fairly good cash makers.
    Last edited by quras; 2012-09-06 at 03:30 PM.

Thanks for the info everyone. Going to Google about min/max for end game.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can generally just find crystals while leveling. Do not go artifice for it, dear god do not.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    I think artifice, archeology and treasure hunting are the 3 that go together. You can google that to make sure.
    Exactly.

Last edited by Arlee; 2012-09-07 at 01:58 PM. Reason: Fix'ed the tages

Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    You can generally just find crystals while leveling. Do not go artifice for it, dear god do not.
    However, selling crystals to people leveling artifice is good money.

Deleted
    Artifice are limited with colors though.

- Low level crystals are Blue or Red. There are a few world drop schematics of Green.

- At level 50 you can get Blue and Red schematics from the trainer.
    - Green schematics from daily commendations.
    - Orange schematic from the world boss Primal Destroyer, which also drop lvl 47 Magenta schematic.
    - Lvl 50 Magenta crystal schematics from random mods in the area Black Hole with very low drop chance, or the 16man World Boss Nightmare Pilgrim.
    Craftable crystals are BoE, so you can buy them from other players.

- Purple, Yellow, Black-Red, Black-Blue, Black-Orange, Black-Purple are mainly from Operations or Warzones.
    Black-Orange and Black-Purple are BoE from Explosive Conflict, but rare(black-purple is very rare). Rest you will get by getting a weapon with the crystal in it, they are BoP.

- White, Cyan, Black-Green are not obtainable anymore. People that got them before their source was removed still has them, so you can see them around.

I wouldn't recommend Artifice just to get color crystals. The colors that you can craft are few. I personally think the use of artifice are limited at lvl 50 aswell, since better crystals, hilts, enhancements are obtainable through other means. Like Synthweaving/Armormech/Armstech still can craft items that are needed for lvl 50s (Augments and Augment kits), Artifice have very little use until you can do get hold of rank 26 hilts and/or enhancement to reverse engineer and hopefully learn.

Summary: Blue,Red, Green, Orange, Magenta are available from Artifice. Rest are from Ops and Wz.

nothing trumps two magenta blades on my female mara
    she looks just like a star wars barbie edition

Wildstar Black Ops - loved by strangers

10+ Year Old Account
    eh, if its your only toon at the moment, i wouldnt necessarily drop an existing profession for it, but if you are like me and have multiple alts, i can basically have each alt have a max profession, and it does come in handy to keep your companions gear as up to date as possible.

I'm new to Star Wars, level 13 Jedi Sage, ....
    I got every crafter in this game and do regulary craft for my alts. I've seen a lot of nice suggestions here already.

First of all.. crafting does take a lot of time and the benefit for PvE questing is neglectable. PvE doesn't really require anything from you, if you level, take your rewards, throw some flashpoints/ h2/ h4 in sometimes you won't have any problem at all until you hit lvl 50. Therefore if you like to get to lvl 50 in a considerable normale timeframe, I wouldn't start with it. Do send your companions on some missions and try to get any resource node wich you can find but... don't do it too much because you won't have enough money for your speeder and spells and crafting if this is your first character.

Further, every crafting profession has its benefits, you surely can go for any crafting and end up successfully though I would like to give you an advise.

As you will get your equip via quests, you won't get on a regular intervall stims nor buffs which enhance your power or endurance or whatever you like to push a little. These buffs are worth it during leveling but they are just as useful at lvl 50. They are also... consumables for those which aren't Biochem. They also craft implants (from lvl 25 on) which are, like earrings, no common quest rewards. Both items are highly sellable later at lvl 50, so if you would like to have not too much effort but still a continouis income... I would go for Biochem.

If you really would like to spend a considerable longer time at leveling your character and don't really bother when you are going to hit lvl 50... go for either Artifice or Synthweaving + the two beneficial missions and gathering skills.

This is not a power leveling adivse or something but you just level so fast/ you don't get that many resources in the amount of time crafted updates would be interesting.

Also... whatever you go for... don't buy everything, only buy what you will actually use.

Finally, have fun playing the game.