HAF 912 Airflow question

Hey all,

I just build my first custom PC, and am curious about airflow. I have a HAF 912 case (this comes with 2 stock fans). I also bought a thermaltake frio CPU cooler.

So, here's my question: I have the thermaltake shooting air out the back. It's pointing straight at the case fan which came preset to also direct air out the back.

The front case fan seems to be directing air out the front.

I'm idling at around 34C, and I'm trying to get that number down a bit. I was wondering: should I point the CPU cooler to shoot air out of the top of the case? (The HAF 912 has a nice large vent at the top). Or, should I buy another fan for the top of the case? I'm new at this, so I'm not sure the direction all this air should be pointing.

I believe I did an average job applying the thermal paste, as i watched plenty of videos to make sure I was doing it right.

On a side note: It is difficult to take the thermaltake frio off of the CPU to change the position it's pointing, or does the thermal paste start to glue/stick it into place once applied?

Thanks!

Thumbs up

front intake , rear exhaust , buy 1-2 fans for top as exhaust/intake as far as for your cpu cooler it can shoot out the back or the top but quicker it goes out the better

10+ Year Old Account
    I have the exact same case as you do, I just recently built mine as well. I am idling around 29-31c. But I have the Cooler Master 212 evo cpu cooler myself. I have seen people say they have pretty good success with using teh rear exhaust fan, 1-2 top for exhaust, and another on the side panel as an intake.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

can also use top fans as intakes to cool the VRM

10+ Year Old Account
    I would think a 200mm intake for the front, 140mm intake for side panel, 200mm exhaust up top and 120mm exhaust in the rear would work well.