Page 1 of 2
LastLast

"Mine" in IoC. Borderline impossible?

I've been trying to get this for about 150 IoC games. It seems like it pretty much requires a premade or, at the very least, a small band of friends to capture / defend the flags.

I don't have access to either of these things. So I've been trying to do it in solo queue. I simply cannot manage it. Every single time I manage to get 4/5 flags capped, one of them on the opposite end of the map gets ninja'd at the last second and there isn't anything I can do about it. It makes me cringe that a lone player of the opposite faction can ruin me and I'm helpless to prevent it.

Does anyone have any advice? Does anyone else Alliance side need it who would want to coordinate something? I can ninja hangar and workshop no problem due to stealth. It just seems that either docks or quarry get capped and I never have any one on hand to re-secure or defend those.

I'm losing my mind here. I've been spamming the IoC queue for days trying to make this happen. Any pointers would be seriously appreciated.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

I got it last night, didn't aim for it though.

Yet another game, a single flag got capped at the tail end (hangar this time). If I had one more person it would have been a breeze. This is driving me up the wall.

So. I finally managed to do this (cap all 5 bases, win the game) and nobody got credit for it.

/wrists

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PuppetShowJustice View Post
    So. I finally managed to do this (cap all 5 bases, win the game) and nobody got credit for it.

/wrists
    Were they capped fully or just assaulted?

They were all fully capped. I was watching the map when the game finished. Nothing was half-grey. Nothing was ninja capped by the enemy at the last second.

Deleted
    I have a screenshot of being 7 seconds away from capping the last base, telling the raid to slow down on nuking the boss - winning the battleground, losing my hair.

It's a complete pain in the arse. I can't give you any advice bar the obvious, start trying to cap any loose bases once your team starts breaching walls - having friends to assist helps.

The only consolation with it is that you'll probably get it before 100 wins unless you're incredibly (un)lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    The only consolation with it is that you'll probably get it before 100 wins unless you're incredibly (un)lucky.
    I'm beyond 100 wins already.

Edit: To clarify my opening post: When I said I've been trying for this achievement for 150 games, I mean exactly that. That is not my IoC total games played. That's probably somewhere in the 300s now.
    Last edited by PuppetShowJustice; 2012-09-04 at 05:20 AM.

Unlucky, I go this at about 80-ish wins. I started shouting on TS like "YUUUUUUUUUUS". My Guildies were slightly confused.

I'd say keep it at and it'll happen eventually but's really not going to help.

Well time to tell you guys my success story with this achievement, and it wasn't even legit in a way.

In wrath it was a very sought out achievement for me. I tried really hard on my rogue, seeing people in my guild get it on a regular basis. I tried but never got this awesome achievement.

Fast forward to Cataclysm, and a new account because I sold my other, I was achievement whoring and I was in the same predicament. I did alot of IoC premades on Openraid.us for my wins/50k achievement, and the group would sometimes shoot for mine if we ended up in a bad game. Anyway, I was in a normal IoC game and I noticed that the game was almost over, both teams were inside the keep. I was at workshop when I noticed that we had ALL the nodes capped except refinery. So I'm like Eff it, might as well try for the achievement. As I'm riding up to the refinery I hear things like: "we lost" and "Horde wins guys", but I kept on going to Refinery. I make it and I start capping Refinery. The cap bar is HALFWAY when we won the game, mind you that on the screen it shows all the nodes as blue except Refinery, which was red. Needless to say we got the Mine achievement. I was shocked that we got it, I could not even be excited because I really wasn't expecting it.

TL;DR: Got mine without getting mine.

Fappy Fapperson.

I got 25 wins and I have the achievement, I believe got it at around 15 - 20 wins. What I did, since I'm always after achievements is that every time I got into IoC before I had all but the 100 wins achievements is that the only thing I was doing during the whole BG was doing achievement and just ignoring every thing else. When I did the BG with like 3-4 people from my guild we all tried to make sure we had all the flags at the end of the game, often splitting in 2 - 3 groups taking care of different flags, since at the end of the BG most people are in the base or in the bossroom ignoring flags.

I got it about 2 weeks after it came out, while I was af----participating fully in the battleground for my 100 wins achievement.

I have 7 wins in IOC and Mine was on my 7th.
    Go check out OpenRaid, we got it on the first game

Deleted
    I think the similar AV achievement is much worse, where you can't lose a single tower or the general, and you must also have destroyed or be in control of the enemy towers.

Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    I think the similar AV achievement is much worse, where you can't lose a single tower or the general, and you must also have destroyed or be in control of the enemy towers.
    If your hoping to get it in a normal BG then sure, its hell. You cant expect to make a difference when your actions are only 1/40th of the actions of the BG.

I got Speed Win and Perfect Wins in the same game with a 40 man group all aiming for the achievements.

Quote Originally Posted by Squigglyo View Post
    I have 7 wins in IOC and Mine was on my 7th.
    Go check out OpenRaid, we got it on the first game
    I've been keeping an eye out there but I never see any mention of IoC in general, let alone this particular achievement. I guess I'll keep looking. I really hate that this one thing stands between me and my meta.

Quote Originally Posted by PuppetShowJustice View Post
    I've been keeping an eye out there but I never see any mention of IoC in general, let alone this particular achievement. I guess I'll keep looking. I really hate that this one thing stands between me and my meta.
    If you know how to lead it, youl have a hundred people signing up for it. Ive only seen it advertised once and it had over 200 sign ups.

Deleted
    It comes when it comes. Got it without aiming for it ages ago. You just have been really unlucky. :P

I've decided to make my own event via OpenRaid for this, as per suggestion. I assume I need to note that everyone needs the AV preform enabler add-on, yeah?

I've gotten it several times now, twice of which I 'solo'd' it to get it on that character.

I'd just ignore the bases that my faction usually gets without my help (for me that was Refinery and Workshop) and then quickly grabbed Quarry after which I ninja'd Docks and Hangar when nobody was around.