View Poll Results: Are Corporations people?

Voters
30. This poll is closed
  • People are People

19 63.33%
  • Corporations are People

11 36.67%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Giants41 View Post
    Agreed. And then when Conservatives/Republicans do it to them they freak.

Exactly. You do not need to make up some random bogus crap about romney to make him look bad. He already does lol.

Threads like this make me glad that I would never vote for Obama again though, if these are his supporters.

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Who said they're human beings? Romney's point was that a corporation is controlled by people for the benefit of people - he made his point badly though.
    The problem is that it is okay for Republicans to be taken out of context and torn to shreds, but the second Obama is taken out of context with the "You didn't build that" speech, everyone rushes to his defense.

Double standards abound.

Quote Originally Posted by jezzus View Post
    Its going bankrupt soon anyways along with medicare which is going to die in about 10 years. the reforms romney and ryan are proposing are gonna have to happen whether it happens now or 10 years from now in a frenzy right before it goes bankrupt.
    That is the kind the thing that I don't understand. I'm not saying that the Romney/Ryan plan is perfect by any means, but attacking it for " . . ending Medicare as we know it." is king of confusing since that is pretty much what needs to happen for it to stay around at all. I'd think people would actually be happy about that rather than attacking someone with a plan. Both sides will need to eventually come together and change the program or it is dead.
    Last edited by Dakia; 2012-09-09 at 02:02 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just wondering exactly how many of you in this thread understand the concept of Legal Personality and how it applies? I am fairly sure it is not Australia exclusive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asphyxes View Post
    Taco dinner, movie at my mancave then I'll surprise her with a TCG tabard and tell her I love her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    my gf left me, should i Just go gay?
    Xothic - Prot Paladin

The poll could have easily been...

Are you an adult who can take care of yourself?

Are you an entitlement baby who needs the government to hold their hand?

Quote Originally Posted by Dakia View Post
    The problem is that it is okay for Republicans to be taken out of context and torn to shreds, but the second Obama is taken out of context with the "You didn't build that" speech, everyone rushes to his defense.

Double standards abound.
    Welcome to the liberal media. People rip on Fox News (which I personally don't watch) when there is a network on the left that is exactly the same of Fox. MSNBC.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakia View Post

Double standards abound.
    Its hysterical to watch happen on threads.
    Wow <3 Korra<3 Giants<3

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tiporispit View Post
    My father was an autoworker. He makes $65,000 a year on Social Security. My brother is an electrician. He makes $55,000 a year actually working. The average household int he United States makes $44,000, so approximately $10 an hour per worker. There's something SERIOUSLY wrong with a program that pays retirees more than 3 workers combined. Let people pay into Individual Retirement Accounts. If you pay in, you get the pay out. If you don't pay in, save your tears for someone who gives a shit.
    Unfortunately if you leave it to people to save for their own retirement, they have been proven to be horrible at planning for retirement. And some people simply can't afford to put anything away, they need every dollar right now.

I can definitely get behind the "Take care of your damn self" sentiment, but in practice, it simply doesn't work.
    I don't argue to be right, I argue to be proven wrong. Because I'm aware that the collective intelligence of the community likely has more to offer to me by enlightening me, than I do to an individual by "winning" an argument with them.
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    I don't always wear tennis shoes, but when I do, I speak Russian. In French.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jezzus View Post
    Welcome to the liberal media. People rip on Fox News (which I personally don't watch) when there is a network on the left that is exactly the same of Fox. MSNBC.
    Your my hero.
    Wow <3 Korra<3 Giants<3

[QUOTE=Dakia;18347366

That is the kind the thing that I don't understand. I'm not saying that the Romney/Ryan plan is perfect by any means, but attacking it for " . . ending Medicare as we know it." is king of confusing since that is pretty much what needs to happen for it to stay around at all. I'd think people would actually be happy about that rather than attacking someone with a plan. Both sides will need to eventually come together and change the program or it is dead.[/QUOTE]

The plan is not perfect by all means, but Obama doesn't have a plan out yet so it is hilarious when he attacks it. And it wouldnt end medicare "as we know it" seniors have the choice to stay on traditional medicare rather than taking the voucher.