Warlock summary in mop

Hello.

Could anyone explain quick the warlock changes for MoP and tell me which warlock specs will be mot wanted in mop pve and give me some links where
    I can see for myself how it works out?

Thanks inn advance.
    Last edited by Seanali; 2012-07-27 at 07:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    it cannot be done quickly. the changes are too massive.

Deleted
    Affliction many nerfs and Demo buffs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ano
    Stop being french, it's just shift-2.

Thanks for the videos
    Can you atleast tell me which spec will be most played in pve?

the damage isnt final yet
    wait untill mop release to know
    "The speed of light is faster than the speed of sound.
    That's why so many people look smart until they start talking."

FC-0404-6893-4293 Fire safari Larvesta/Growlithe/Braixen IGN: X Archimand, Y Shina.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    it cannot be done quickly. the changes are too massive.
    Doesn't need to be quickly, then!

---------- Post added 2012-07-28 at 03:58 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Archimand View Post
    the damage isnt final yet
    wait untill mop release to know
    Agree with this, rotational/QOL feedback is more useful at this point than which spec outdamages any other spec.
    Start trying to work out who deserves what, and before long you’ll spend the rest of your days weeping for each and every person in the world.

Affliction has gained a new channeling ability but remains oriented on dots. Currently the best spec for long term fights but weak against really short fights.
    Demo has gone from pet dancing to stance dancing but its still all about the metamorphosis and pets. Currently the best spec for leveling, soloing content, and thanks to DA glyph, lock tanking.
    Destro is still proc based with lots of bolts but now you take damage to yourself while dishing out even greater damage to others. Best spec for single target short term fights.

I do find it annoying that leveling locks will not have any real spec identity until level 42(demo is exception)
    When destro gets embers, and afflic gets MG, personally, i would prefer at 10, you get grasp,UA/embers+incin+CB/meta

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by baldcore View Post
    Affliction has gained a new channeling ability but remains oriented on dots. Currently the best spec for long term fights but weak against really short fights.
    Demo has gone from pet dancing to stance dancing but its still all about the metamorphosis and pets. Currently the best spec for leveling, soloing content, and thanks to DA glyph, lock tanking.
    Destro is still proc based with lots of bolts but now you take damage to yourself while dishing out even greater damage to others. Best spec for single target short term fights.
    This is one of the most wrong posts I've ever read. The only thing you got even remotely right is the demo summary and even that is pretty dated (lock tanking doesn't exists really, unless you want to take a chance at getting crit and I would say whatever spec has the highest healing (probally destro) would be the best solo because your voidwalker will just tank with soul link)

I have been rotation between the specs quite a bit just getting an overall feel for them and here are my opinions on the playstyles.

Affliction: Faster wack-a-mole type gameplay, closer to the affliction wack a mole back in t7 then it currently is on live. Very movement constrained and very rotationally constrained, however some of the recent changes address that pretty well. Now that we actually have to press corruption and are back to using Agony, we are back to actually pressing our dot buttons quite a bit more often, which is a nice change. Our execute under 20% also feels a lot closer to what it did in t7 having to refresh 3 dots, haunt, and keep drain soul ticking as much as we can.

Conclusion on difficulty: Most definitely more difficult to playon live, however it also is less tedious difficulty. Lower ramp up times and no Shadow Embrace make the specs difficulties feel fun and not like a road block to have to hurdle.

Demonology: Slower resource centric gameplay. While the single target rotation has a bit less to it at first glance once you get into some content you aren't soloing it is quickly apparent that this spec is all about managing meta and fury. The decision when to go in and out of meta is everything and once you start throwing things like adds and AoE into the mix it quickly ramps up the complexity of the planning of the spec. No where near as wack-a-mole-y as affliction and if you have good foresight is pretty smooth to play, but if your a player that can't think ahead to set aside the resources needed then demo will probably not be the spec for you.

Conclusion on difficulty: This one it is hard to say because it really depends on the senario. On a fight like ultraxion I would say that it basically the same relative difficulty that it is on live, however it has far more depth in how you can react to different things like adds and burn phases then live does.
    From a post I made a few weeks back.

Destro is now basically Incinerate spam with a conflag and chaos bolt here and there.
    Last edited by Zinnin; 2012-07-28 at 06:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zinnin View Post
    This is one of the most wrong posts I've ever read. The only thing you got even remotely right is the demo summary and even that is pretty dated (lock tanking doesn't exists really, unless you want to take a chance at getting crit and I would say whatever spec has the highest healing (probally destro) would be the best solo because your voidwalker will just tank with soul link)

From a post I made a few weeks back.

Destro is now basically Incinerate spam with a conflag and chaos bolt here and there.
    Pity, I like destro most visually and gameplay-wise.
    Start trying to work out who deserves what, and before long you’ll spend the rest of your days weeping for each and every person in the world.

Yea your description of affliction is pretty wrong. With soulburn not having a cd and soul swap it's possible to put all your dots up at once. Afflction's burst is the best it's ever been.

Quote Originally Posted by Seanali View Post
    Thanks for the videos
    Can you atleast tell me which spec will be most played in pve?
    well as i said damage isnt final
    affliction just went from top of the back to dead last with newest beta build
    which make me kinda sad
    "The speed of light is faster than the speed of sound.
    That's why so many people look smart until they start talking."

FC-0404-6893-4293 Fire safari Larvesta/Growlithe/Braixen IGN: X Archimand, Y Shina.

Affliction: The best spec for single target, and is a very good specc in encounters where you will sit on 1 target long (raids, dungeon bosses etc.).
    In fights with 2-3 targets, the Affli- and Destru DPS is very close to eachother, but in this case Destru will slightly take the lead.
    In my opinion Affliction in pve is the warlock spec who have improved the most since Cataclysm, and is the most fun spec, and can perform best in pve encounters.

Destruction: The worst specc for single target, however Destru warlocks are incredible strong (the strongest spec) in cleave groups with 2-3 mobs, and their AoE dmg have got boosted like hell; but not as good as Demo Warlocks. I would say Destru's AoE dmg is best in raids since the mobs have alot HP which allows you to do a better "multiple-target rotation" (watch rotation guide if you get confused with that line). Destru warlocks are good at long encounters and are able to perform well in encounters Affliction warlocks have problems with: switching targets, cleave/multiple-target and fast dmg. At the end of the day Destru are most prefered in dungeons.

Demonology: Basicly just a dance between Demo form and Caster form. Their aoe dmg is still crazy (I will think they still have one of the best aoe in wow). However you still need to build up Demonic Fury before you are able to reach the very high AoE DPS.
    Their Single target DPS is much higher than Destru, but doesn't really catch up with Affliction. Demonology now are very weak in short encounters, but if they get a long encounter (raids) their DPS will be very respectful (especialy aoe).

To sum it up, Affliction is the smartest choice to go in PvE! If you are a raider I really reccomend you get Demo as your OS, if you are doing most dungeons I reccomend you grab Destru as your OS.

The fact that Demo and Destru have some sides that are stronger than Affli, is not really that big that it is worth switching spec.

Hope I helped you.
    Last edited by Akkatest; 2012-09-16 at 06:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by baldcore View Post
    This post is hilarious, on really short fights an afflic lock can outdps any other class due to CoE, SB:SS, HAUNT HAUNT HAUNT till out of soulshards then refresh dots and Malefic Grasp. You could even pop your doomguard for maximum burst.

Quote Originally Posted by Archimand View Post
    well as i said damage isnt final
    affliction just went from top of the back to dead last with newest beta build
    which make me kinda sad
    What are you talking about? There have been no nerfs. Affliction is still on top of everything. Well, not for long after mop hit live i guess