Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

insane in the membrane questions?

I just have a few questions for the insane in the membrane achievement if anyone could help me answer them.

1. On one of my characters i currently have exalted with the goblin factions ,ravenholdt and the darkmoon faire the only thing missing is the bloodsail rep. Now that i have all those reps if i went on a killing spree in booty bay to get bloodsail rep would i get the achievement or would i need to grind up the goblin factions rep to get back to exalted after? Ie. do i need to have all the reputations completed at the same time?

2. Is their anyway to track the progression of the achievement on the achievement page just to make sure certain reps have been registered as being completed?

3. Is the achievement account wide eg. could i have high bloodsail rep on a different character so that i can keep my exalted status?

thx vm

Deleted
    1. You don't need to be exalted with the required factions at the same time.

2. Yes.
    Code:
    /run AddTrackedAchievement(2336)
    Code:
    /run RemoveTrackedAchievement(2336)

3. The achievement is account-wide.
    Last edited by mmocf771cbaa82; 2012-09-09 at 09:25 AM.

Deleted
    All rep has to be done on the same character, since reputation isnt accountwide. Plus the achievement seems bugged at the moment. So good luck.

Deleted
    The only thing left for you basicly is to farm your bloodsail rep to honored and boom there you go insane.
    But be aware, the booty bay guards are pumped up to level 90 for MoP atm and suck to kill.
    http://raimondastheinsane.com/guides...il-buccaneers/ check this guide out for some info how to farm the rep easy.
    If you haven't done quests in BB you can phase it out to 'easy' farm level 30+ mobs.
    If not you'll have to kill a certain mob in arathi highlands few thousand times :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GregDub View Post
    If not you'll have to kill a certain mob in arathi highlands few thousand times :P
    I did exactly this within the last 3 days. Worst grind ever, but I finally got my insane title. The mob respawns every 5 seconds and is worth 5 (!) rep. It's not that hard but boring as hell.

Deleted
    As you can see from my current post the achievement is bugged. I achieved exalted with the 4 horde reputations and lost the credit for it when I logged out during my bloodsail grind.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathloc View Post
    I did exactly this within the last 3 days. Worst grind ever, but I finally got my insane title. The mob respawns every 5 seconds and is worth 5 (!) rep. It's not that hard but boring as hell.
    How long did it take you aprox? When in the rep did you start? How much rep per hour did you get?
    I'm thinking of doing this instead of farming the guards (which sucks even in a group), so I wanna get mentally prepared :P
    http://samaramon.co/
    My transmog & misc. blog!

Deleted
    It's a lot faster doing it the phased event method. If you're relatively close to honoured probs take you 2 hours max getting honoured with bloodsail.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Samaramon View Post
    How long did it take you aprox? When in the rep did you start? How much rep per hour did you get?
    I'm thinking of doing this instead of farming the guards (which sucks even in a group), so I wanna get mentally prepared :P
    I started at 0/36000 (Hated). So I grinded a total rep of 51.000. I was able to gain 3.000 per hour (10% guild bonus + Battle Standard). I grinded about 17 hours. Sounds like a lot, but it's okay if you watch some movies or TV series while grinding.

PS: Do yourself a flavor and don't look at the reputation bar while killing the mobs.

Deleted
    Just finished talking a GM and it seems the achievement is working according to him (ofc it is, like blizzard would say its not). Well if i hand the traitor quest for bloodsail it will come back up on the list next to steamwheedle, there for it will not register as meeting the criteria. For those who are currently working on getting this achievement, GOOD LUCK! I am done with trying to get this. I was in revered with steam wheedle, and all the GM could tell me is that i was friendly. So clearly their system isnt working for a long time already, cause i was revered for the last 2 years with steamwheedle.

So if I'm Exalted with gadgetzan and revered with the rest, if I tend to get exalted with the steamwheedle cartel now, and then go grind bruisers with the invasion phase?

I'm on the quest now for the invasion. I did it last night just to activate it so I can go there and get my pirate rep once im exalted with the goblins.

Should I do that?

You don't need to kill bruisers, you can nuke the mobs at Faldir's Cove. They respawn pretty much instantly if you keep moving around.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudor View Post
    So if I'm Exalted with gadgetzan and revered with the rest, if I tend to get exalted with the steamwheedle cartel now, and then go grind bruisers with the invasion phase?

I'm on the quest now for the invasion. I did it last night just to activate it so I can go there and get my pirate rep once im exalted with the goblins.

Should I do that?
    Sure. Make sure you track your achievement progress while grinding:
    Code:
    /run AddTrackedAchievement(2336)
    /run RemoveTrackedAchievement(2336)

Killing Booty Bay bruisers during the phased quest event is the best method right now to farm rep for the Bloodsail Buccaneers.

I started at 0/36000 (Hated). So I grinded a total rep of 51.000. I was able to gain 3.000 per hour (10% guild bonus + Battle Standard). I grinded about 17 hours. Sounds like a lot, but it's okay if you watch some movies or TV series while grinding.

PS: Do yourself a flavor and don't look at the reputation bar while killing the mobs.
    Thank you very much That's very useful and actually more plausible than farming guards.
    http://samaramon.co/
    My transmog & misc. blog!

Yeah, I spent the better part of a saturday making laps around Booty Bay during the phased event. Its slow going but definitely alot easier than killing the max level guards.

So before MoP comes out, and in my infinite boredom. I decide to go for this title. Fortinuatly, I went for " the exalted" a few month ago, and I only have Ravenholt left.
    Honestly, I don't know how much it would cost to have someone do it for me ( So if you know tell me), but I do have a lvl 85 rogue up on the shelves. Now what I would like to know is that with 5.0 i'v heard stuff like macro this, macro that, etc. So If anyone could tell me the best way to quickly get this rep done with the best route, and glyph, and stuff.

Thank you very much!

I started yesterday with Bloodsail Buccaneers. Got Honored in BB phased in few hours. I had tracked the achievement so when i hit honored this requirement was normally gone as if I had completed that part. Than I started grinding the cartel rep with the cloth turn-in repeatables and it was decreasing my BSB rep. When that happened I saw my BSB requisite listed again in the tracker. I hope this is just a tracker bug, but there are more ppl with the same problem

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6522913239

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6522562425

I will be highly frustrated if blizzard now in 5.0.4 wants we keep all the reputation at the same time.

Hahaha, seriously.
    If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Biiru View Post
    [...] I hope this is just a tracker bug, but there are more ppl with the same problem. [...]
    On the German Forums, there are some people who have similar problems with the Goblin factions and the Bloodsail Buccaneers. Some people report that they have reached honored with the Buccaneers and the tracker worked perfectly. As soon as they grinded reputation for the Goblin factions (and losing reputation with the Bloodsail Bucanners), the achievement tracker showed up "Honored with Bloodsail Bucaneers" as incomplete.

I've had a similar experience:

- Back in WotLK, I grinded reputation (until honored) for Bloodsail Buccaneers since it was very easy back then.
    - As I reached exalted with the Goblin factions, I checked my achievement status and noticed that "Honored with Bloodsail Bucanners" was shown as incomplete. I asked a GM about it and he told me that it was a tracker bug; the tracker only shows your ACTUAL reputation status and doesn't show up the highest reputation status that you've gained in the past.
    - Within the last months, I completed Ravenholdt and Darkmoon Faire. The moment I got exalted with Darkmoon Faire, I went crazy because I didn't recieve my Feat of Strength.
    - After a sleepless night, I decided to spend some days at Faldir's Cove... And... I finally got my FoS!

TL;DR: If you ask me, the achievement might be bugged. Grinding up reputation for Bloodsail Buccaneers and then for the Goblin factions didn't work for me. I got the impression that the achievement might only be working if you get exalted with the Goblin factions *first* and *then* getting honored with Bloosail Buccaneers. I might be totally wrong, but that statement is only based on my experience.

I've had a similar experience:

- Back in WotLK, I grinded reputation (until honored) for Bloodsail Buccaneers since it was very easy back then.
    - As I reached exalted with the Goblin factions, I checked my achievement status and noticed that "Honored with Bloodsail Bucanners" was shown as incomplete. I asked a GM about it and he told me that it was a tracker bug; the tracker only shows your ACTUAL reputation status and doesn't show up the highest reputation status that you've gained in the past.
    - Within the last months, I completed Ravenholdt and Darkmoon Faire. The moment I got exalted with Darkmoon Faire, I went crazy because I didn't recieve my Feat of Strength.
    - After a sleepless night, I decided to spend some days at Faldir's Cove... And... I finally got my FoS!
    But when you're raising your BSB reputation at Faldir's Cove you still decrease the reputation with the Cartel. Did you still get it?