Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinto View Post
    You only get them so "easily" if you have a huge supply of weapons to toss into the forge. Have fun farming over 1000 T1 culture weapons... Obviously you can get lucky as well.
    I was going at the claim that Jinto made regarding "considering the # of pre-legendaries I got from the Mystic Forge by coming lv60 karma weapons.", which implies that he has made quite a few.

Quote Originally Posted by Artorias View Post
    I was going at the claim that Jinto made regarding "considering the # of pre-legendaries I got from the Mystic Forge by coming lv60 karma weapons.", which implies that he has made quite a few.
    Errr wtf you talking about or to whom. Anyway I did make quite a few. 4 in fact. It took all the karma I had at that time which was like 25k and I may have gotten lucky considering there are people who spent 25k and got 0. Point is not how many I made, but I made at least 1 by combining weapons in the Mystic Forge which shows that it was definitely possible as of 2 weeks ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    This Lucas Ashrock guy seems to enjoy living in a place of extreme ignorance.... maybe out of jealousy? o_o I'm pretty jealous that Herecius got something like that outta just throwing stuff in the MF. Knowing his post style over the past year or so of often seeing him around, I wouldn't doubt the means in which he acquired the hammer.

Imo, the MF seems like a place where some things can be like the lottery or something that you can have a recipe for. Which is a fun way to think of it. :3 Grats Herec for all of your luck. /envy

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    Quip would be the legendary pistol.

Most folks seem all about chasing after the legendary greatswords, but not me!
    Personally I'm after the shortbow Gotta get that rainbow maker!

Quote Originally Posted by Hanto View Post
    This Lucas Ashrock guy seems to enjoy living in a place of extreme ignorance.... maybe out of jealousy? o_o I'm pretty jealous that Herecius got something like that outta just throwing stuff in the MF. Knowing his post style over the past year or so of often seeing him around, I wouldn't doubt the means in which he acquired the hammer.

Imo, the MF seems like a place where some things can be like the lottery or something that you can have a recipe for. Which is a fun way to think of it. :3 Grats Herec for all of your luck. /envy
    You could improve your odds by feeding it the type of weapon your desired pre-legendary is. For example if I wanted The Hunter (pre-legendary rifle) I would feed it rifles and get either higher level or more rare rifles for every 4 I put in.

Dr. Obvious's mindsplosion says:

"What if the amount of magic find I have on directly affects my Mystic Forge experience?!"

-Dr. Obvious gets shot in the face for such an obvious fallacy, even though it's not been extensively tested or proven-

Just write down your results guys, that's all Lucas wants. Every. Single. Detail.

10+ Year Old Account
    lost somewhere in the corn fields of middle America
    So your paying 200 skill points, upwards of probably 100 gold and hours upon hours of your time spent on farming, just for a skin.
    If you read / followed the forums during beta / pre-release you knew this already. Pretty much everything lvls out at 80 and its all for "pretty little skins" that take time and effort to get. The point is that they are hard to get not that they are uber...

That is like:

"Hey guys I won the lottery by buying some tickets".

Other people:

"No way, you must note everything you did and win the lottery again so we know how we can also win the lottery".

LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas Ashrock View Post
    There is an exact formula to make Quip on mystic forge.
    4 weapons on mystic, a drop, or a chest will NEVER give you back a prerequisite Stop to spread misinformation, please

Not to be offensive, but this thread is a bit useless and don't tell nothing new. Until pre requisite recipe are posted somewhere, all the effort spent to prepare your legendary is worthless.

And noone said IF and WHEN, those recipe will be published. So far, we know just how to create Malice, go figure

Collect mats, but don't waste your time too much, you will end up disappointed, discovering your last hope is make an idiot on TP rich because noone is willing to share
    Your wrong, my mate discovered the pre-req to the legendary speargun, and we ended up selling it for like 5g since it is pretty bad. BUT it did drop from a chest while we were farming the token runs from CoF

Deleted
    You are the first person to ever come with such a statement, either you need to provide proof or I call bullshit

Quote Originally Posted by Pacer View Post
    You are the first person to ever come with such a statement, either you need to provide proof or I call bullshit
    Sucks I dont have any screenshots of it, since my mate got it.

Dont have to believe me.

Maybe you should ask some of the people putting up the pre-req how they got them, because I can 100% say that you CAN get them from chests.

Someone said they are account bound, is this right? So any legendary can be shared between characters? This is a really big issue for me, because as much as I love my Asura, the idea of the skin being small forever makes me a sad panda. I'd like to know that I could transfer a greatsword or whatever to my Charr/Norn so they can properly display the Legendary in super-size mode.

Errr wtf you talking about or to whom. Anyway I did make quite a few. 4 in fact. It took all the karma I had at that time which was like 25k and I may have gotten lucky considering there are people who spent 25k and got 0. Point is not how many I made, but I made at least 1 by combining weapons in the Mystic Forge which shows that it was definitely possible as of 2 weeks ago.
    LOL I quoted you and talked about you in the third person, sorry bout that.

My point is if you alone have made FOUR pre-legendaries, how the hell are there only 1-2 per world in total. If you have such an easy time making them, everyone else should, correct? If that is the case, there would be a LOT more on the TP than there ever are.

And if this was something that was done in the past and has since been fixed, then fine.

Quote Originally Posted by WorldofWorkcraft View Post
    Dr. Obvious's mindsplosion says:

"What if the amount of magic find I have on directly affects my Mystic Forge experience?!"

-Dr. Obvious gets shot in the face for such an obvious fallacy, even though it's not been extensively tested or proven-

Just write down your results guys, that's all Lucas wants. Every. Single. Detail.
    I did write down my exact results and method of getting it, Lucas is just extremely angry that I can't be assed to put it on the (horribly outdated, mostly beta information) wiki, while being absolutely incredulous about the concept that it's not quite as tough to get the legendary prerequisite exotic as he thought it is. And also while accusing me of not sharing with the community, which is precisely what I did, since I hadn't actually specifically read anywhere that you could use a mystic forge stone to substitute in the fourth random exotic weapon.

Thus, from my point of view, I was actually sharing brand new information with the community.

In any case, the legendary prerequisite weapon is arguably the second easiest part of obtaining the legendary, with the Gift of wood/metal/energy being the easiest by far. The other gifts are considerably more brutal than obtaining the pre-req. The Mystic Clovers in particular scare the piss out of me. I'm seriously praying that mystic clovers aren't a component of Quip, though they are for the greatswords.

---------- Post added 2012-09-14 at 08:50 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by WorldofWorkcraft View Post
    Someone said they are account bound, is this right? So any legendary can be shared between characters? This is a really big issue for me, because as much as I love my Asura, the idea of the skin being small forever makes me a sad panda. I'd like to know that I could transfer a greatsword or whatever to my Charr/Norn so they can properly display the Legendary in super-size mode.
    The legendary itself should be soulbound I think, but the gifts are all account-bound, if that clears it up. You could make the gifts on another character, then transfer them over to your Charr/Norn and make the greatsword on him.

---------- Post added 2012-09-14 at 08:51 AM ----------

My point is if you alone have made FOUR pre-legendaries, how the hell are there only 1-2 per world in total. If you have such an easy time making them, everyone else should, correct? If that is the case, there would be a LOT more on the TP than there ever are.

And if this was something that was done in the past and has since been fixed, then fine.
    There's so few on the TP because people are buying them. They're an extremely hot commodity, and yes, people do have that much gold. Many people may also be saving the legendaries that they make for their own use. In retrospect, I probably should have done that with colossus, since I want to have a hammer warrior for aoe-fests....
    Last edited by Herecius; 2012-09-14 at 03:54 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganja0102 View Post
    Sucks I dont have any screenshots of it, since my mate got it.

Dont have to believe me.

Maybe you should ask some of the people putting up the pre-req how they got them, because I can 100% say that you CAN get them from chests.
    Oh sorry I misread what you said before because they can definitely come from chests, I even believe I said that earlier in this thread.

---------- Post added 2012-09-14 at 03:56 PM ----------

Because he cheated to get those 4 and Arena Net forced him and everyone to delete the items they got from it. Did they really enforce it after saying people should delete those items? I dont know. Fact is they were buying 1000s of items for 21 karma I believe it was and put them all in the mystic forge, if it takes 1000 items to make 4 of pre lengendary items imagine how hard that will be now that all those items now cost atleast 20s on the AH.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/c...apons_exploit/

Quote Originally Posted by Pacer View Post
    Oh sorry I misread what you said before because they can definitely come from chests, I even believe I said that earlier in this thread.

---------- Post added 2012-09-14 at 03:56 PM ----------

Because he cheated to get those 4 and Arena Net forced him and everyone to delete the items they got from it. Did they really enforce it after saying people should delete those items? I dont know. Fact is they were buying 1000s of items for 21 karma I believe it was and put them all in the mystic forge, if it takes 1000 items to make 4 of pre lengendary items imagine how hard that will be now that all those items now cost atleast 20s on the AH.
    I see. In that case, the original point of making 4 pre-legendaries was completely invalid and thus they are 99.9% hard to get.

Difficult -------- Insanely Difficult ----*--- Impossible
    * = How hard legendaries are to make.

You could improve your odds by feeding it the type of weapon your desired pre-legendary is. For example if I wanted The Hunter (pre-legendary rifle) I would feed it rifles and get either higher level or more rare rifles for every 4 I put in.
    Best part is, you can actually do that now, too! They fixed the rifle recipes yesterday, which means the Mystic Forge will now correctly spit back level 80 exotics, instead of level 62 exotics.

---------- Post added 2012-09-14 at 09:02 AM ----------

I see. In that case, the original point of making 4 pre-legendaries was completely invalid and thus they are 99.9% hard to get.

The pre-req exotics are pretty easy in comparison to the rest, anyhow.

The Mystic Clovers are terrifying. TERRIFYING.

*facepalm*

Obviously missed that the argument is about what is possible vs impossible. 4 pre-legendary was just an example that it was possible to get pre-legendary from the MF.

Deleted
    If you have lots of IRL money to spend on the game (to buy gold ofc) the grind is hard as in will take you 3-4 weeks of playing 12 hours a day. If you dont have any irl money you are gonna have to spend a lot more time.
    Last edited by mmocaa84e3d5fa; 2012-09-14 at 04:21 PM.