Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Question Looking for a fine f2p MMORPG.

Hey guys, what's up, I'm a vanilla WoW vet but occasionally I get bored with the game (like now) and would like to change it up a bit with another MMORPG.
    Because I already play WoW I don't feel like paying for another game so I really like the f2p's.

To keep it short, what i'm looking for is a good MMORPG that's up to date, I don't deter from hard to master games or complicated systems or such, I'm looking for a good, enjoyable PvE primarily, I never really liked PvP in most games, being unbalanced and such, if I want to play competitive games I will play League of Legends.

Online games I played and enjoyed in the past :

Maplestory (played this game very long until they fucked it up, started with KoC but I could go on and on bout this)
    Runes of Magic
    Forsaken World
    Vindictus
    Dragonica (a.k.a. Dragon Saga)
    Rusty Hearts
    World of Tanks
    City of Heroes/Villians
    Age of Conan
    Mabinogi
    Cabal
    Allods
    League of Legends
    Heroes of Newerth
    Defense of the ancients
    Mythos
    Wonderking
    Perfect World
    Lunia
    9Dragons
    Silkroad
    Ghost (Loved this btw)
    Ether Saga
    Trickster
    Tales Of Pirates (& "2")
    Gunz
    Zentia
    Flyff
    Mu
    World of Kung Fu

Either it got outdated, destroyed by developers, dropped by developers, got boring or is just empty now. Thus I'm looking for a new game, I hope you can help me out here.
    Thanks ~

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been playing DC Universe Online on and off while waiting for MOP to come out, as a DC fan I find it enjoyable enough to play. Though the game wasn't a overly large success it still seems to have a decent population going. You could also dive into either Everquest 1 or 2 both have gone F2P and should have stable populations as well. You could also hit up Star Trek Online or Champions Online if your so inclined.

Deleted
    runescape obv!?

If you're a Trek fan and a fan of good space combat give Star Trek Online a shot, it's kinda empty once you finish grinding out all the gear at max level and PvP is....well....even the Devs came out and said they know how terrible it is and that they intend to either overhaul it beyond comprehension or drop it totally from the game. I could use with less ground combat, but that's only really mandatory leveling. Also, Season 6 is coming out soon (probably their biggest content patch to date, and what is supposed to be the revival of the game since the initial hype from going F2P wore off awhile ago) so there should be enough to keep you busy for a couple months.

Deleted
    I'm not a real DC fan but I checked out the everquest games, seemed a bit too generic for me.Checked out star trek and while I said i wouldn't be deterred by complicated systems, it just seems too much off of my view of an enjoyable MMORPG, I prefer fantasy of medieval themed ones, even a bit more renaissancance isn't too bad but this just didn't appeal to me. Regarding Champions Online, I forgot to add it to my list but I actually did play it quite a bit, found it increasingly repetitive and to be completely honest here, it feels/looks/plays like City of Heroes with cellshading with a very hard outline. Though I do appreciate that you took the time to try and help me .

You've played the best F2P mmo's out at the moment, apparently.

They are all the one's I've played and would recommend ><

There are a ton of games f2p out there that you can try , i dont know if i can give the name of another site , if im not allowed please mods delete my post , go to mmohut and check it , they got a huge collection of f2p games of whatever type you want .

(Again sorry if its against the rules )

Deleted
    I already checked out the complete list over at mmohut , I sincerely thought about playing every game with a rating above 3.5/5 but I played most of them or don't seem like good games at all or just not what I am looking for.

Id suggest runescape=D

Quote Originally Posted by Excellent View Post
    Steal any bicycles today SunBakedDuck?

10+ Year Old Account
    APB Reloaded, great fun and the best customisation in a game I have ever seen.

It's also free.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Continent of the Ninth Seal, very fun hack and slash korean MMO that I played. Really good fun as a pass time!

http://www.onrpg.com/MMO/C9-Continen...-w-JamesBl0nde
    Last edited by Hulari; 2012-07-01 at 01:11 PM.

Aion is free to play now i think.

Got sick of it fast though. Maybe you'll like it better then I did.

Yea, I'm with Neglesh, your list is already impressive and if you've tried the ones that aren't on there and haven't stuck with them you're SOL my good sir. While it isn't technically F2P....Guild Wars 2 has no monthly subscription fee and that releases in 2 months. I hate to sound like a paid spokesperson, but from your background with vanilla and your list of F2Ps, I would be surprised if you weren't hooked to GW2 in a matter of 2 weeks. Every 60 hour beta weekend they've had, I've dumped at least 40 hours into playing the game, the majority of that PvP. I know you said you don't like it, but that's because MMO PvP has pretty much all been gear based or class/class comp based since Burning Crusade. Guild Wars 2 is much different, it's almost exclusively skill based.

You could YouTube "ImpactGamingVideos" and go to that channel and watch me do a quick 1v2 of some baddies (gear is exactly the same because in conquest matches like that in the video, everyone is the same level, with the same gear, the only difference is what runes you choose to throw on it). We also have some commentary on one of the Explorable mode dungeons regarding the boss fights and how imperative it is for team play and being accountable for your own survival.

Deleted
    Yeah, I'm really gonna play GW2, but I'm still looking for something to play untill then. Going to check out that korean hack and slasher now, thanks for all the help so far guys.

Have you tried Lord of the Rings online? Honestly, it's my fave f2p game and is the one I usually go back to.

Deleted
    Played that when it wasn't f2p yet, I liked the starting zones and such but didn't offer alot mid-game imo.

- Dungeons & Dragons Online
    - Dragon Nest
    - DC Universe

^ I'd recommend those 3. Really well made, very fun.

Edit: Aion! It's fantastic!
    Last edited by Fencers; 2012-07-01 at 02:18 PM.

Deleted
    Lord of the Rings Online.

Great story, amazing environments, it's also 99% PvE focused. The community is also one of the best though going F2P hurt it a little.

Lord of the rings is the way to go.

NEStalgia, maybe? It's very much a niche game though. I'd suggest looking up the trailer on YouTube. If you aren't looking for a decidedly retro RPG experience it isn't for you though.