LF Soloing Viscidus hints

Not sure if this is the right thread for this but

i need hints to solo viscidus in AQ40

With 5.1 bringing in new pets for old instances this guy drops a pretty cool pet that i want so i desperately wanna solo this guy http://ptr.wowdb.com/items/93039-viscidus-globule

Could anyone plz give me some tips how to solo this SOB now i got a frost dk a shammy and a frost mage but i just cant seem to down him

i know you need to do X number of attacks to break his shell but it seems i just cant do enough attacks to do it before he breaks free

if anyone has soloed him as any class could you plz tell me how you did it

thanks in advance

bring friends on alts, go on alt with friends. sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by kassy View Post
    bring friends on alts, go on alt with friends. sorted.
    Yeah but i dont want them winning my pet lol

Quote Originally Posted by Combooticus View Post
    Yeah but i dont want them winning my pet lol
    Umm...army of the dead? Dual wielding? It's not that difficult.

I don't think it's possible to kill him with a small group, you'll need a good 5-10 people with the right set of attacks to bring him down unless they change the fight.

crate of kidnapped puppies, army of the dead, raise ghoul, buy X2 1.4 speed weapons and pop everything when you have used x amount of howling blasts (can't remember exact number, might have been 300), then use HB again and he will be frozen, gz you just killed him.

spec high haste DW frost spec with rune of Razorice on both weapons (the slower weapon the better. Get some 1.4 agi weapons), get haste food, haste potions and elixirs. When you freeze him just pop everything that increases your mele haste + army + ghoul, hit him 200x and gather drops.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwZ1JvmZ7tc
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

Quote Originally Posted by IRunSoFarAway View Post
    Umm...army of the dead? Dual wielding? It's not that difficult.
    Tried that i couldnt seem to get enough hits on it

i remember trying to 3 man this as a 80 with a frost dk and failing miserably but those saying bring haste pots and dw very quick weps sound promising

---------- Post added 2012-10-27 at 02:07 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by DemoBytom View Post
    spec high haste DW frost spec with rune of Razorice on both weapons (the slower weapon the better. Get some 1.4 agi weapons), get haste food, haste potions and elixirs. When you freeze him just pop everything that increases your mele haste + army + ghoul, hit him 200x and gather drops.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwZ1JvmZ7tc
    just watched that video awesome job
    gonna try your strat when i get home from work
    Last edited by yetgdhfgh; 2012-10-27 at 01:53 PM.

Easiest way to do it as a frost dk is to get 2 really fast weapons, haste potions, haste flask, reforge to haste, pay a shaman to come and pop hero, once he his frozen use all the haste cds you can get, pull army, pop ghoul,
    []http://sig.lanjelin.com/img/tanro.png[/]

at 85 i got him to freez up, but was missing the amount of melee hits to shatter him :/ (frost dk 2xrazorice)
    Pity Heal
    Unlimited range
    Channeled
    Baron Ashbury has pity on you, but only so he can continue inflicting pain! Heals all nearby enemies and allies for 5% health every 1 sec.
    Spellid 93705

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    rogue + frost oil

Quote Originally Posted by Playintrafic View Post
    Easiest way to do it as a frost dk is to get 2 really fast weapons, haste potions, haste flask, reforge to haste, pay a shaman to come and pop hero, once he his frozen use all the haste cds you can get, pull army, pop ghoul,
    Confirming this as a good strategy. Did this in cata